Doubts At The Boundary

Love Knows No Boundary

A/N: Hello everyone! I am back :) The official update for this story! Enjoy~ Seeya in the next chapter :)

-----------------

Jisoo and Chaeyoung are on the way back from an external meeting. The meeting with Mr Kang from Kang Entertainment was a huge success and they managed to clinch a deal to have their latest gadgets promoted by the idols. As Jisoo is driving back, she sees a familiar sign, Gangnam University. Remembering that there isn't any meeting scheduled which means a free afternoon. The thoughts of not staying in the office for an hour longer would mean that she doesn't have to deal with her older half-brother and her father. But something else or maybe, someone else comes to mind and she smiles even wider.

"Chaeyoung, we don't have much to do after this meeting right? I will treat you to coffee," she turns to her cousin as she stops at the red light, taking this chance to change their plans for the afternoon.

"Yea, nothing is scheduled after this meeting. But wow, the workaholic ain't gonna work some more?" Her cousin teases but continues, "yea sure, coffee sounds great. We would need one after the extensive meeting with Mr Kang. He is so passionate. I thought he was pitching a new group to us rather than us pitching our gadgets to them."

Jisoo laughs before replying, "don't remind me how much we had to divert back to the main topic. I guess that was why Mino decided to hand this project over to me. That was smart of him."

Initially the older was a little pissed that her half-brother has decided to hand over his project to her, claiming that he is busy. She almost rolled her eyes at how "busy" her half-brother has been for the past month. Anyways, it turns out that this project isn't too bad afterall. She could probably use this project to her advantage. 

"Unnie, it is in your favour that you got this project."

"You are right, even God agrees with you. The traffic light turned green after you have mentioned it."

Jisoo then steps on the gas pedal and speeds off, heading to the cafe at Gangnam Univ, excited to bump into a certain someone that she met on campus a few days ago.

"Are we at Gangnam U? Are you sure we are having coffee?" asks Chaeyoung, realising that Jisoo has parked in front of the University building.

"In fact, we are going to having delicious coffee." Jisoo grins but Chaeyoung can tell that there is something more under that cheerful tone.

"Whatever you say then," replies the younger, trying to give her cousin the benefit of doubt.

-----------------

As Jisoo enters the cafe, the first thing she did is to scan around to look for Jennie. However, she is rather disappointed that the other isn't there.

"Are you looking for someone? You know someone who works here?" says the secretary, who has been observing her cousin ever since they got out of the car.

"Nah, just looking around for seats," Jisoo hides the fact and pretends to look around before pointing to a corner at the right, "that spot there seems nice, it is near the window. Anyways, you are getting the usual right, cappuccino?"

"Get the strawberry cake, it looks really good." replies the younger before heading towards the table that Jisoo mentioned earlier.

After Jisoo has gotten her order and sets everything on the table, she begins to look out of the window, not noticing that her cousin is holding a forkful of cake in front of .

"Unnie, is it me or are you awfully distracted nowadays?"

"What?" Jisoo snaps out from staring out of the window after hearing her name. She takes a bite of cake that is offered to her.

"Unnie, you alright? You seem really out of focus recently. I think it was since that day when you told me about the impromptu date. You haven't been telling me much about that date of yours other than what you two did."

Jisoo thinks back about the dinner and ice-cream date with Jennie. She did tell Chaeyoung about it but not over-sharing too many details. Not that Jisoo wants to hide anything from her cousin. It is just that liking someone with a huge and granted her status, it was really uncommon to have her crushing on a University student. Jisoo sighs before contemplating whether to tell Chaeyoung but seeing how the younger is genuinely interested and concerned, she then breaks it to the younger.

"Remember that I was invited to be a guest lecturer for one of the marketing module? I came here after the lecture and met someone that I am interested in."

"At this cafe?"

"Yea, she is a fashion design major and works here part-time."

"Omo unnie, why didn't you introduce her to me? Trust you to keep it for almost a week!"

Jisoo has been really cautious about this whole thing. She wanted to ask the young student out again but her doubts on all this even though she was the one who technically pursued Jennie. She ended up texting with the girl every day since that date of theirs.

"We are just getting to know each other. We haven't even gone out for a second date."

"Are you the coward who isn't asking her out?"

Maybe she is the coward.

"I don't know, maybe it is the ... I do feel comfortable but it is obvious that we are... I don't know... there is a generation gap."

"Unnie, 10 years isn't that wide. Besides, there are ways to overcome this thing, as long as you are comfortable with her."

Jisoo is definitely comfortable with Jennie. She even shared so many things to the young girl and the other too. Even just a few days, she knows so much about Jennie, her likes and dislikes, dreams and aspirations, personality, so on and so forth. She can just go on and on. Instead, she decides to change the subject and talk about work with Chaeyoung until they are ready to head back to the office.

After the afternoon tea, Jisoo and Chaeyoung walk along the concourse towards the parking lot, ready to head back to continue their uneventful day at the office. While walking back, Jisoo notices a familiar looking back and approaches the pair that is a few feet away, with her cousin tailing behind her.

-----------------

Jennie is meeting her best friend, Lisa, at the concourse right in front of the University Plaza. They are deciding what to do but soon Jennie remembers about the frozen yoghurt place they have been talking about months ago and says, "Lisa, we should go to the frozen yoghurt place that we have been wanting to go. It is a long-overdue date."

"You are the one who has been busy, Jennie." Lisa teases her fashion design friend. The coursework is insane and on top of that Jennie is working at the cafe so they haven't spent much time with each other.

"Yea, I know. Too many things piling on my plate." Jennie feels really apologetic that she hasn't spent much time with her best friend and is determined to make this date the best they had in ages.

Lisa says,  "You should quit your job. I am worried for you after that rude customer you told me about."

"Not all customers are rude though. It has been fun." Jennie shivers that the thought of that customer but remembers that her job was where she met Jisoo, the person who came into her life and saved her from the awkward situation.

"If that is so, alright! As long as you are happy." Lisa replies beaming, noticing that Jennie is happy with her vibrant University life.

"Let's go then!" the slightly younger of the two hooks her arms around Jennie's pulling the other to their said location until they are stopped by someone calling for Jennie.

-----------------

"Hey, Jennie!" Jisoo greets the other once she is within arm's length. This makes both Jennie and her companion turn around.

"Oh my, hey Jisoo, what are you doing here?" asks Jennie with evidence of shock. Jisoo gets it, why would she be here on a random time of the day.

The older begins to fluster at the question. At that moment, she is trying to cook up whatever story that comes to mind so as to cover up her original intention of bumping into Jennie, "I was having a meeting nearby and I brought my cousin here to try the coffee. Your cafe sells really good coffee. If they existed back in the days!"

Chaeyoung is trying to hold back her laughter. She has never seen her oh charismatic director being so unprepared and nervous in front of someone, let an alone a University student. To create more opportunities for her cousin to spend the day with someone she fancies, Chaeyoung as she puts her right arm around Jennie's short-haired companion and says, "Hey, it is my first time here, bring me around the campus."

As Jisoo sees Chaeyoung walking away with Jennie's friend and that their back view starts to become smaller and smaller. Though she is silently cursing her cousin, she wishes the other to come back but seeing that there is no way of this happening, the director turns to face Jennie and starts a conversation, "so... do you have any classes soon or working later or are you done for the day?"

Jennie giggles at the person next to her. Jisoo is indeed really different from her director persona and replies, "I am done for the day. Lisa and I wanted to head off for some snacks out of campus but I guess we have to postpone that."

"I can tell Chaeyoung to bring your friend back." As Jisoo reaches out for her phone in her handbag, Jennie stops her and says, "I kinda miss you."

This makes Jisoo smile and teases, "only kinda after my heroic act? That isn't nice to your saviour."

"You are trying to make me say that I miss you right? But if you are free now, we can head off to the frozen yoghurt store." Jennie walks away to avoid having to really confess her true heart to the older one.

"Hey, wait up! You've got the advantage of being young and you are wearing sneakers!" Jisoo, who is still in her stuffy corporate outfit and heels quickly catches up the young girl.

-----------------

"This place looks really youthful," says Jisoo as she enters the store. The light but bright pink interior almost blinds her. She says, "the light pink interior suits this place. Go and get your order. I will take pictures of you afterwards."

"Shall we share one?" asks Jennie as she pulls Jisoo to the counter before making their order.

"Sure."

Jennie chooses a vanilla base and started to choose some general toppings that both of them would like before asking Jisoo for her choice of toppings. After heaping tablespoons of toppings over the large bowl of vanilla yoghurt, they are ready to pay for their order. As Jisoo is about to pay, Jennie stops her and quickly pays using cash that is on hand. Jennie is determined to pay this time around since it is really affordable and that they also have a student discount.

As they return to their seat, Jennie voices out her opinion about paying earlier, " Jisoo, I can still pay for this, you know."

Worried that the younger is upset, Jisoo explains, "sorry, a habit. I usually pay for things when I am out with people."

"You like paying for stuff?" asks Jennie.

"Kinda but I pay the bill often. You can say that I am the most well-off one among my friends."

Jennie understands. Jisoo is really really successful and she can also relate to it since Jennie is also actually from a well-off family but definitely not as wealthy as Jisoo. Just that she ever since she has started University, she strives for independence and never once used the pocket money from her parents. It was hard initially but the feeling of being independent triumphs any trivial hardship.

"So... what have you been up to?" asks Jisoo, as she takes a scoop of yoghurt.

"The usual, just that more assignments are piling up." The younger replies, also taking a scoop and eat a bite afterwards.

"Sounds rough."

Jisoo emphasises. University is tough. Besides a hands-on course like fashion design is definitely so much harder than a business admin course.

"Yea but your texts make everything better," Jennie confesses her true feelings, feeling a little shy in front of the older. It is the effect that Jisoo has on her. When she is around Jisoo, all she wants to do is to show herself, every side of her be it good or bad.

The older smiles as she sees Jennie blushing. She likes the feeling, maybe if she believes in this more, maybe, maybe anything can happen. Their won't be much of an issue.

"You know what makes everything better?" asks Jisoo. She puts down the spoon and has her hand on Jennie's left hand and says the 6 most terrifying words to say ever according to urban dictionary. She wants them to be official.

"Will you go out with me?"

-----------------