Understand The Boundary

Love Knows No Boundary

"So, how was your date yesterday?" asks Chaeyoung as she enters Jisoo's office. Jisoo looks up from the report she is reading and folds her arms, leaning against her chair. She confirms the time and says, "Secretary Park, it's already 9am. It's work time. We will discuss this later during lunch."

Jisoo returns back to reading her report but her mind slowly drifts away to yesterday's event, trying to hold back her smile at the thoughts of a certain someone.

- Flashback -

"Will you go out with me?" asked Jisoo as her heart was racing so quickly. She has never been this nervous for a long time. She has high hopes that Jennie would say yes.

Jennie looked confused upon the sudden confession and blurted, "I'm sorry?"

Jisoo on the other hand is slightly embarrassed and thinks to herself, "It must be really sudden." She then told Jennie, while holding onto her hand to reassure the other, "don't worry, I am cool with being friends first."

"Oh no, I screwed up. I mean yes! I want to go out with you. I really really like you, this much," Jennie clarified. She was just taken aback by the sudden confession and when she realised that she had accidentally rejected the older, she was so flustered and told Jisoo how much she liked her. She even emphasised how much she liked Jisoo and gestured it out, with her hands stretched out widely.

Jisoo smiled at how cute Jennie was and was certainly glad that she wasn't rejected and confessed once more, "I like you too."

- End of Flashback -

"Come on, director Kim, just this one time?" Secretary Park almost begs and whines. It is the thing that has been on her mind all morning and she even drives really quickly, almost at the speed of light. But still, she is late and the consequence is that now she is here almost begging and whining, which is unlike her image as Secretary Park.

"Come to think of it, you usually come by early. Why are you here on the dot?" says Jisoo, as she stares at her secretary. This is really unlike Secretary Park her ever so responsible and capable secretary.

"Oh, erm..." Chaeyoung can only laugh sheepishly and is trying to take minute steps back and out of the office to get out of the awkward situation that has turned around against her.

"Secretary Park, we have a lot of talk about during lunch. Decide on the menu later." The older continues to read her report, trying to refocus her attention on work.

"By the way, the CEO has called for an emergency meeting later at 11am," reports Chaeyoung, remembering the email that she has received from secretary Bae on her way to work.

"What is it about?" Jisoo is yet again distracted and her mind is thinking about the emergency meeting later. How much of an emergency can it be. Everything is as usual at the head office and there hasn't been much of a problem going on in their small little branches.

"Secretary Bae didn't mention. She told all the secretaries to free up the calendars of the higher-ups."

"What was originally scheduled?"

"Meeting with Mr Koo from Koo Corp."

Koo Corporation is a leading tech company that they have been trying to cooperate for a while. It is only after much persuasion that Jisoo has managed to successfully move over the negotiation phase to actually meet Mr Koo. Jisoo can't let anything get in the way of this deal. This deal is also important for her if she wants to inherit the company. She has to at least impress the old man and surpass her half-brother.

"I think we have to reschedule that. Maybe over a meal or a drink. Make a reservation at his favourite place. We have to clinch that deal."

"Yes, Director. Other than that, you are free after lunch. I think you would have to start on the presentation."

"Oh yes, thanks for the reminder. I think I saw a few resources and files from you a few days ago. Will work on it soon."

After Chaeyoung exits her office, Jisoo slumps back onto the chair and thinks about what is the emergency meeting about.

"That old man... I can never understand him..." Jisoo leans back against her chair and begins to be deep in thoughts about the meeting later and the presentation she has to work on. Since she can't prepare much for the emergency meeting, she would have to just go with the flow. For now, she can only work on the slides. As she switches on her monitor screen, her phone rings and she looks at the caller ID. She smiles and immediately answers the phone.

"Hey there," Jisoo greets Jennie with a cheerful tone. This is the best thing that happened this morning.

"Hey Jisoo," says Jennie and Jisoo love the husky but cute voice that is sounding through the phone. She wishes to see the other so badly though the had just met yesterday.

"Are you busy with work?"

"Any classes?"

They both laugh at how they managed to ask each other at the same time and Jisoo tells the other to speak first.

"Are you busy with work? I have been wanting to call but I don't know whether to call you now or later or maybe even tomorrow..." says Jennie with some uncertainty. Jisoo chuckles at how cute the younger is.

"I am not busy. Just going to work on a presentation before listening to an old man talk at a meeting later in about an hour."

"That sounds rather sad."

"It is. To be honest, I would rather be with you than to attend that meeting. Anyways, don't you have classes?"

"It's my free day today. A lecture was cancelled at the last minute and I am not on shift today. I was thinking if we can have lunch later."

"Oh, I am having lunch with Chaeyoung. We have some work to discuss over lunch."

Jisoo can hear the slight whine and suggests, "why don't you stop by after lunch? I will be at my office for the entire afternoon. We can have dinner together too if you like."

"I would love to." She can hear Jennie's voice brighten up after the suggestion. They continue to chat until the older has to go off for her meeting.

-----------------

"You have been looking at yourself in the mirror for ages."

Lisa has been observing her best friend staring at the mirror with her nth number of an outfit. Jennie has called her over to hang out before lunch but all Lisa has been doing for the past hour is playing games on her phone while watching her best friend trying to choose different pieces of clothes from her wardrobe.

"I know. I don't know what to wear," Jennie says in a matter of fact tone but with slight frustration. She is definitely anxious about meeting Jisoo later and it is at her office. She has to at least look appropriate at a corporate setting. She even did a quick research. That company is really hotshot.

"You are the fashion student between us. You can easily pull out something that looks both presentable and fashionable," Lisa tries to cheer her friend up but Jennie indeed has a great fashion sense even without trying.

Jennie laughs at Lisa's comments, definitely cheering up a little.

"You are right. Sometimes I don't know how you can walk out of the dorm with one green glove. At least what you are wearing now is normal." Sometimes Jennie would question Lisa's choice of outfit. Usually, she just brushes it off as Lisa's experimental outfit for her dance routine. Her favourite would be Lisa's single green glove concept.

"Come on, the green glove was a mistake. Besides, I trended in the University's weekly fashion section with that look." Lisa is trying to hide her embarrassment with a slightly twisted fact that she knows will be debunked soon.

"It was rated as the most unique fashion of the week. But do I have to remind you that I get featured almost every week for best fashion," replies Jennie, while emphasising the word unique and gesturing air quotation marks.

"Yea yea, you can brag about it you fashion design major." Lisa throws a pillow at her friend but purposely missed it as it lands beside Jennie's right foot and says, "so have you decided on what to wear already?"

"This one. How do I look?" says Jennie, as she shows off her long-sleeved white blouse with a black bow tie and black pencil skirt.

"Looking good!" Lisa flashes her killer smile with two thumbs up and she then says, "to be honest I would like to follow along."

"You got close to Jisoo's cousin?" asks the fashion design major.

"Yea, we kinda went out and I erm stayed over at her place yesterday..." Lisa says, knowing that she would be interrogated.

"You what? Didn't you two just met yesterday?" Jennie is shocked. What did her best friend do...

Lisa tries to hide her nervous laughter and replies, "who knows that going to the amusement park late in the afternoon would entail late night out." Soon Lisa quickly changes the topic, "anyways, what did you two do?"

"We went to the yoghurt place and spent some time there before Jisoo drove me back to campus. We walked around. Oh, she is also an alumnus here, a business major. She brought me to MMA clubroom. There is a picture of her when she was competing." Jennie says dreamily as she remembers the picture. It was so cool.

"Oh, by the way, Jisoo confessed and I said yes!" Jennie reveals the highlight of yesterday's event and squeals loudly. Lisa congratulates her and even hugs her.

"I wonder if she was here yesterday just because she misses the University or that she wants to see you," Lisa teases and continues, "I guess you know the answer."

"Gosh, you can be annoying at times." Jennie throws a t-shirt at her friend but Lisa catches it before it hits her beautiful face and responds with a cheeky grin, "I know that you love me."

Jennie can't deny it and replies back, "Yea, love you best friend."

---------------------

Soon, Jennie is in front of the company building. She stares at the huge building in awe. The company name on the silver building stands out with its black and pink colour. The bright shade of pink complements with the pitch-black colour. Other than being a hotshot company, it is actually a conglomerate that owns many establishing companies all over the nation.

"Jisoo must be really successful... Gosh, can't believe that we met at an unexpected situation," Jennie thinks to herself and starts to feel really small as she stares at the building. She takes a last look before making her way towards the building and steps inside.

"Give me a text once you have reached. My secretary will assist you with the administrative process." She remembers Jisoo telling her that and even apologises for not being able to receive her personally due to her position.

Jennie understands. How can a director receive her, a nobody? Even her entering Jisoo's office might cause some rumours. She doesn't want to think too far since she has accepted the invitation to come over. She should have considered it carefully previously rather than agreeing almost immediately. She quickly sends a quick text and within minutes she hears someone calling her.

"Jennie!"

"Oh, you are Jisoo's cousin right?" Jennie is surprised to see Chaeyoung walking towards her.

"Is it a family business?" Jennie starts to wonder. This is beyond what she imagines.

"I am glad that you remembered me, her cousin alright but it is office hours right now, so I am her secretary. I don't think I have introduced myself but I am Chaeyoung or you can call me Rosie. I heard that you are on a first-name basis with my director." says the taller one, with a slightly teasing tone. Obviously, she is having fun teasing the young student about her relationship with her cousin.

"Yea..." Jennie can only give awkward laughter.

"Is it uncomfortable for you?" asks Chaeyoung. Jennie catches on the meaning, "no, not at all, Jisoo is really pleasant. Sometimes I forget that we are so different."

"Age-wise?" asks the taller one, curious on where Jennie stands.

"Not really, more of our status. She is the director of a conglomerate while I am just a University student." The student sighs. If Jisoo's boundary is their age, Jennie's boundary would be their status.

"I don't think she minds it. She has been talking about you these days and she seems so much happier." Chaeyoung is genuinely glad that the two of them met.

Jennie wants to ask more but Chaeyoung is already walking ahead, towards the reception counter and asks for her ID instead.

"Secretary Park, here is the temporary access pass. We will send the personal access pass soon, within 3 working days." says the receptionist and hands the temporary access pass and ID to the secretary and she then passes them to Jennie who is behind her.

"So, this is your temporary access pass. You will get your personal pass soon. Anyways, you can drop by anytime you want without having to get through the reception counter."

"I don't think it is right for me to have this," Jennie declines but Chaeyoung insists and replies, "take it. You should swing by often to accompany my dear director. I think she is getting a little stressed. She needs to loosen up a bit."

They walk towards the gantry and tap their access pass. They enter the lift that is on service at the lobby and the secretary pushes on the 18th floor.

"It's really high up, huh," the student remarks at the number of floors the building has. The entire building is 20 storeys high and Jisoo's office is almost on the top floor.

"Yea, it's like a hierarchy system even within the building itself. Crazy right?" says the secretary and as silence falls again, she asks Jennie, "by the way, how is Lisa doing?"

"Oh, she is great. We just had lunch together but she has classes later."

"Oh right, I remember now, popping class. She really loves dance."

"Yea."

Jennie smiles, maybe her best friend is going to find love too. Maybe they can even go on a double date. Soon they reach the 18th floor and exits the lift. Chaeyoung leads the way and knocks on the door before entering.

"Director Kim, Jennie is here."

Jisoo who working on the desktop computer turns to face the door upon hearing that Jennie is here. She stands and smoothens out her clothes before making her way to her guest that she has been anticipating since morning.

"Thanks, Secretary Park. Just make sure that anyone who wants to see me goes through you first," says Jisoo and ushers the younger to enter.

"Yes, Director Kim. I will be preparing the snacks. What drinks would you two like to have?" Chaeyoung asks before she goes off to prepare the snacks for their guest.

"What do you want?" Jisoo turns to ask Jennie and in response, Jennie replies, "perhaps water would be great?"

"Get 3 bottles of water, a cup of coffee and tea." As usual, Jisoo decides to add a few items just so that her guest is comfortable.

Chaeyoung nods and the other two thanks to her before the tallest makes her way to the pantry. Jisoo invites Jennie to sit on the couch, making sure that the other is comfortable at her office. She takes Jennie's bag and place it on her desk before returning to the couch and sit next to the younger. Jennie looks at Jisoo. Seeing that the older is a flowy black dress really makes her look different from the stuffy corporate wear. She remembers that today is Friday and it means dress down Friday.

Jisoo on the other hand holds onto Jennie's hands and smiles brightly, really glad to have her companion with her. It really cheered her up after the unexpected meeting. Turns out that the emergency meeting was the old man's way of letting her half-brother brag in front of her and the board of directors. She was slightly annoyed that her half-brother has taken credit for negotiating with Mr Kang. She decides to let this slide for once. She has other means of getting back at Mino.

Soon, Chaeyoung arrives with a tray full of snacks: tarts, small cakes, cupcakes, cookies. She then returns again with drinks. After the tallest leaves, Jisoo begins to loosen up and says, "I didn't know what to get so Chaeyoung chose all this. Hope that it is to your liking. It took us quite a while to choose, I mean I was the one who has been interfering with the choices and this is what we ended up with."

Jennie stares at the array of snacks and smiles, knowing that Jisoo has been putting so much effort into everything.

"I love it. But you know, you always spend too much on me," Jennie confesses. Not that she is uncomfortable but she doesn't want Jisoo to spend so much on her.

Jisoo thinks otherwise, why would the younger mind her spending so much? She has this much spending capacity and she never once asks for anything in return.

"I have this much disposable income, let me just pamper you. Don't you like it? If you are uncomfortable with it, I can tone it down."

"It is just too much money," Jennie reassures that it is not making her uncomfortable but that it is just that the cost that is worrying her.

"You a little cost-conscious aren't you?" Jisoo chuckles and pats on Jennie's hair gently.

"I wanted to be independent ever since I started University. I think I have been spending way too much of my parents' money back then."

"I am sure that they don't mind spending it on their only child."

"But... as I get older, I kinda feel a little apologetic and more mindful of my spendings."

"I understand, you are a really sensible child." Jisoo pulls Jennie over for a side hug and her right-hand clasps onto the back of the younger's right hand.

"You will still earn your keep but let me just spoil you. Maybe once in a while." Jisoo then peppers kisses along Jennie's jawline and down her neck, trying to get the other to say yes.

"Come on, what would you say? Maybe yes?"

"Alright then, but once in a while." Jennie gives in.

"Once in a while." The older reassures her and is glad that a kiss is all it takes to get the younger to concede. She would do anything, be it making it up to her or toning it down so that everything is just right and that the younger is comfortable.

They stay like that for a while until Jennie got up from the hug and takes a tart to feed Jisoo, "here, eat it."

Jisoo gladly opens and takes a bite, feeling warm and loved by the girl in her arms. They start to feed each other and talk about anything that comes to mind as they enjoy the view of the skyscrapers along the Han river.

------------------