Beyond The Boundary pt 1

Love Knows No Boundary

A/N: An update is ready! Enjoy~ Next chapter will be a part 2. See you all in the next chapter!

-----------------

After office hours, Jisoo drives Jennie back to the dorm. They are currently still in Jisoo's parked car, which is by the entrance of the dorm. Realising that it is a Friday and that none of them wanted this day to end, Jisoo invites Jennie back to her place.

"Do you want dinner at my place and perhaps stay over the weekend?" asks the older as she unwilling presses the button that unlocks the door on Jennie's side.

Jennie gladly accepts the invitation in a heartbeat but she needed to get some clothes at least.

"Sure, let me get some things that I would need."

"You could just wear mine. Though we kind of have different style preference," the older chuckles and at that moment, she just wants to drive back home ASAP to spend more quality time with Jennie.

"Jisoo, I would at least need to get some underwear," Jennie says in a matter-of-fact tone but that sends the older blushing, totally forgetting about intimate wear.

The older tries to play if off real cool, hoping to change the topic. She reminds herself to not overthink too much. She clears and says, "you make sense. Anyways I should follow you up. You would need an extra pair of arms."

"No worries, just stay here. I will be quick," the younger kisses the older on the lips before getting out of the car and goes back to her dorm to get her laptop, clothes and other stuff that she would probably need for the weekend.

As she sees the younger running off to the dorm to get her stuff, Jisoo sits in the car, looking around to kill some time. Soon, she receives a phone call and looks at the caller-ID.

"Hello, Omma?"

"Hello. Jisoo ah, would you be coming over for dinner on Sunday? Aunt Kiko invited us over for dinner."

Jisoo sighs and asks the most obvious question, "will the old man and Mino be there? To be honest I would like to decline the invitation."

"It is a family dinner and you do know how much Aunt Kiko dotes on you too. Omma misses you too."

"I miss you too but Omma, you do know where I stand on family dinners." Jisoo stares at the dashboard and says, "besides I will be busy over the weekend."

Mrs Kim sighs. She can never talk some sense into the girl whenever it comes to this matter. But still, she wants to see her daughter. She proposes, "if you are not coming over then I will. I just want to see my daughter."

"I can't stop you, can I," Jisoo knows her mother well. She can never say stop her from doing what she wants.

"I will see you then."

"Alright, bye omma, take care."

"Take care."

Before the director hangs up the call she quickly says, "love you."

She has never really told her mother how much she loves her and decides to show some love and says it out loud. As expected, her mother gasps at the sudden affection and soon replies, "love you too."

Jisoo then ends the call. She stares at her phone and laughs. Her mom must be confused at the sudden love confession. Furthermore, ever since Jennie has come into her life, Jisoo feels that it is easier to show more affection to her mother.

-----------------

Jennie finds Jisoo on the phone as she approached the car. She thenopens the door and enters the car after she is done with whatever she needed to get. She soon hears the other laughing at the phone, with a hearty laughter. Curious, she asks, "Is everything alright?"

"Nothing much, just my mom." says the older as she places the phone on the side.

"Oh? What made you laugh?" Jennie asks while raising a brow.

"She was probably shocked that I ended the call with 'love you'. Anyways, she asked if I wanted to come back home for dinner on Sunday but you know, I don't really want to see my father or half-brother during the weekends. She said that she will be coming to my place instead. You can meet my mom then."

"That escalated really quickly. Has your mom ever met your partners?" Jennie slumps onto the dashboard, with her head laying on her arms, hoping that she wouldn't need to face Jisoo's mother anytime soon when she just got together with Jisoo. Given her age and status, she would never much be a far cry from any of Jisoo's exes if her mom ever met them.

"Would you believe me if I told you that this is my first real relationship?" The older turns to face the college student and pats on the younger's head.

"Don't lie. You are a successful businesswoman, there is no way this is your first real relationship." Jennie manages to say all this while trying to not sound so down.

Jisoo laughs and responds, "yeah, alright. My mom hasn't met anyone."

"Pressure," Jennie is somewhat relieved at the information, but still, her gesture of fanning herself gives away the fact that she is worried. The older comforts her, saying, "don't have too, she can make anyone really comfortable around her."

"Rather reassuring," Jennie is still unconvinced. Meeting the parents is really scary, especially for someone like her who is new to the formal dating scene.

Jisoo gives a peck on the forehead and calmly tells Jennie, "we will deal with it when the time comes, let's just go back to my place and enjoy the night."

All Jisoo wants to do is to bring Jennie back to her home and curl up in bed together, watching movies and sleeping together while spooning the other. Any worries should only be dealt with when it comes. The night is still young and also too beautiful to not spend it with her beautiful and amazing girlfriend.

-----------------

- The Next Day -

Jennie hears the doorbell ring and decides to get it as Jisoo is currently in the bathroom, taking a shower after baking bread for breakfast. She walks hurriedly to the door to not let the visitor wait long. As she opens the door, she sees someone that looks like Jisoo but much older. The older woman has a confused look and asks, "oh, I think I got the right apartment. I am looking for my daughter, Jisoo."

Remembering that she is the guest and that obviously this is a penthouse where only the riches of the rich can afford, obviously the older woman got the right apartment. Also, goodness, it is Jisoo's mother and Jennie is kinda embarrassed that she received the distinguished visitor in really comfortable and casual loungewear. She is in Jisoo's big oversized sweater and comfortable cotton sweatpants. 

"Yes ma'am. Jisoo is in the bathroom," says the younger as she invites Mrs Kim in and prays that the older is done and ready to swoop in and save the day.

Mrs Kim nods as she enters, asking the question that Jennie dreads and would have a hard time explaining, "and you are?"

The fashion design major really didn't know how to answer this question. Firstly, she is too young to look like Jisoo's girlfriend and secondly, she cannot compare when it comes to their differences in statuses. Jennie recognises the expensive brands that Mrs Kim is decked in.

"I am Jennie, Jisoo's erm..." Jennie replies almost awkwardly and the golden word seems to be stuck in , like a lump that she can't spit out.

Mrs Kim can sense that the other is really nervous and replies on her behalf, "girlfriend?"

"Yes, I am," says Jennie, as she musters the courage to be the proud girlfriend of Kim Jisoo but the next comment by Mrs Kim makes everything go back to square one.

"You look really young."

As Jennie is about to give an appropriate response, she hears the voice of her beloved that is here to save the day.

"Oh Omma, you are here already? We thought that you would drop by on Sunday, before dinner." Jisoo comes out of the shower. She has a towel on her hand to she dry her hair as she walks to the hall and is pleasantly surprised to see her mother with Jennie.

Mrs Kim beams at the sight of her daughter and gives her a tight crushing hug before she teases, "so this is who you are busy with? You should have brought Jennie home earlier."

The younger Kim stares at Jennie and smiles as she hugs her mother back but not with the same intensity. She can only respond to her mother, "we just got together recently."

Mrs Kim then stops hugging her daughter and instead holds onto her forearms and says, "it is a little early but go to the grocery and get something nice. Omma wants to cook for the two of you today."

Jisoo doesn't want to leave Jennie alone with her mother and suggests, "Omma, we can always eat out. You don't have to tire yourself."

"Nonsense, I am fine and healthy. Go on."

The older Kim basically pushes her daughter to her room and tells her to change and hit the store soon. After Jisoo is done changing and is out, Mrs Kim holds onto Jennie's hand and pulls the younger to sit on the couch before starting her interrogation session. She is really fond of her daughter's girlfriend and wants to know the other better.

"So, how did you two meet?" asks Mrs Kim. She has her hands on Jennie's, holding them and looking very pleased with the partner of her daughter.

Jennie loosens up at Mrs Kim's benevolence and also friendliness, she begins by sharing her story, "we met at the University cafe. I was working part-time there and she was there for afternoon tea."

She then continues with how Jisoo saved her from an awkward situation. It was a story dear to Jennie's heart and to Mrs Kim, she is impressed with her daughter's heroic act and praises her daughter, "that's my daughter."

After talking about Jisoo and Jennie's relationship, Mrs Kim moved on to talking about Jisoo's childhood stories, trying to embarrass her daughter. Afterwards, Mrs Kim then wants to ask the younger a favour.

"I have a favour to ask. I hope that you don't mind."

"Not at all Mrs Kim," Jennie replies. She is happy to help the older Kim.

The troubled looking Mrs Kim then says, "I am sure you know about the dynamics of our family. We have a family dinner tomorrow and Jisoo insists on not attending but it has been a while since we get together. But you see, her Aunt Kiko really wants the family to get together. Can you talk her into it? Maybe be present for the dinner. That's all. She is free to leave afterwards."

Jennie understands the older lady and wants to help but Jisoo can be really stubborn.

Mrs Kim continues, "I know Jisoo can be stubborn but she really adores you and will listen to you rather than me nagging."

Jennie agrees to help Mrs Kim.

-----------------

- Evening -

After the lovely time with Mrs Kim, the couple is at Jisoo's penthouse, lazing on the couch while watching a TV series. It has been a long day but Jisoo is glad having to spend time with the women that she loves. However, she is curious about what they were up to while she was away at the grocery store.

She asks, "what did you and my mom talk about while I was at the store?"

Jisoo feels Jennie shifting from her position from laying on her right chest to turning such that she is facing her, the younger replies truthfully, "she told me to talk into you to attend the family dinner, Jisoo. I know that this is your own family affair but maybe attend this one for my sake?

The older feels slightly bad that the younger has been tasked with such an enormous and difficult task by her own mother and decides not to make things difficult for any of them. She replies, "I don't want to put you in the spot but since you got dragged into it, alright, I will go."

With such a response, the younger rewards the older with a tender kiss on the lips as a form of encouragement and gratitude. Finally, a huge weight off Jennie's shoulder. Seems like it wasn't a difficult task after all. She then tells Jisoo before giving her lover another kiss, "I will be here waiting for you."

The older is definitely enjoying this, with so much affection from the girl in her arms and whines, "I don't want the night to end."

"Bet you don't want tomorrow to come."

Jennie can only shake her head and the older's stubbornness though she has reassured the other she will receive the older with open arms after the dinner. She then lay her head on Jisoo's chest, hugging the other. She just has to accept that Jisoo is really stubborn.

"You are physically 29 but mentally 20 while I am physically 20 but mentally 29."

-----------------