Smashes and Cheers

For You, I’m Taking A Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter








 

- Being mortal enemies in everyone's eyes, Chaewon and Minjoo did a great job on hiding their relationship. That was until Chaewon sent a ball in a guy's face because he was trying to hit on Minjoo.-


 

______




 

Generally, inside a library people are focused and quiet... but somehow for Chaewon, it was all but quiet.


 

"You can do it !" Minjoo cheered in her ear. It wasn’t loud enough to disturb others but for Chaewon it was way too loud in her ear. 


 

"Minjoo ! You’re screaming in my ear right now !" Chaewon groaned while glaring at Minjoo who smiled sheepishly.




 

"I’m only cheering on you though." Minjoo smiled mischievously.


 

Chaewon rolled her eyes, Minjoo was always there to cheer on her, literally speaking. 


 

"That’s what you do on a daily basis already, Kim Minjoo." Chaewon glared at the girl whose smile only grew wider.

 

Thinking that Minjoo would leave her and let her catch up in peace, she went back to her notes. She was copying the notes from a way more organised and neat notebook. Chaewon wasn’t exactly the best student and often slept in class, resulting in missing notes.


 

"Exactly. I only….cheer on... you." Minjoo smiled and leaned in, whispering her last word in Chaewon’s ear while blowing lightly... effectively sending shivers down Chaewon’s spine. The hot air hitting her sensitive ear.



 

"God Damnit Minjoo !" Chaewon stood up suddenly which caught everyone’s attention, glares and curious eyes on her. She grew redder by the second. 


 

Looking at the cause of her small outburst, she never wanted to erase a smile so much in her life... maybe not, Minjoo was always good at making fun of her... talking about Minjoo, she was smiling so big that she was putting the Cheshire Cat to shame. 


 

With a sigh, Chaewon packed her things and walked out of the library. 



 

The next day, rumours about Minjoo and Chaewon fighting in the library had already made its way around the whole school. 


 

"I’m sorry Chae~" Minjoo had said when she passed by Chaewon in the hallway. Making the whispers and gossip even wilder. 


 

To everyone, Chaewon and Minjoo were mortal enemies. Fighting and bickering everyday. 


 

If only they knew.



 

xxx



 

Practice. This word was familiar to the two of them as they would often cross each other during those. Minjoo stretched and warmed up while Chaewon was spinning a ball in her hands on the other side of the court. 


 

Chaewon was the ace player of their school’s volleyball team. The Kim Chaewon whose smashes are deadly. 

 

Minjoo wanted to laugh at the girl’s numerous nicknames. They were all ridiculous.



 

"Minjoo, I heard you fought with Chaewon yesterday in the library." Eunbi - their team leader- said with a small frown. 


 

"What ? I only cheered on her, like always." Minjoo smiled, she wasn’t lying.


 

"Gosh, you really like to be in trouble." Hitomi sighed next to her while shaking her head. 


 

Minjoo wanted to laugh even harder. Troubles ? From who... Chaewon perhaps ? That was the funniest joke ever. Chaewon isn’t scary to her. She never was and will never be.


 

"Chaewon ? Trouble ? You gotta be kidding me." Minjoo laughed out. 


 

"Why do you like to annoy her so much anyway ?" Wonyoung asked with a curious tone.


 

"Watch me." Was all Minjoo said before standing up...


 

Everyone looked at her walking to the volleyball player in confident strides. The hitter raised an eyebrow at Minjoo who only smiled. A familiar smile on her lips.


 

"Hello Deadly Smasher." Minjoo said, accentuating the nickname. Chaewon only frowned at how it sounded out of Minjoo’s mouth.


 

"What do you want Minjoo ?" Chaewon asked, she already had an idea but she just waited for it to happen.


 

"I heard that your smashes are good. Why don’t you smash me later after school ?" Minjoo winked naughtily, just watching how Chaewon grew redder by the second.


 

"I-"

 

"Magic hands they call you... I wonder if you can really do magic, especially in bed." Minjoo continued her teasing, already finding Chaewon’s face hilarious.



 

"Min-"


 

"Power arms ? How good are they exactly ? Because I’d like them in-"


 

"MINJOO !" Chaewon yelled, her face as red as a tomato. Minjoo’s teasing could really be something sometimes... 


 

"Hot hands ? I agree but I would personally just call you Hot because you’re smoking hot... and red." Minjoo laughed at the end, not missing how Chaewon was clutching the ball harder in her hands. 


 

"You seriously are something ugh..." Chaewon groaned in frustration.


 

"You should know by now." Minjoo smirked.


 

Chaewon moved towards Minjoo in loud steps, leaning in and whispering in her ears. 

 

"Just wait till we go home after practice." Chaewon said before she threw the ball hard on the floor, the loud sound making everyone jump in surprise. 


 

Minjoo didn’t even look back, just smiling wider knowing she won this round ... she couldn’t wait for when they’ll go home.


 

She skipped all the way back to her friends who looked at her like she survived to death. 


 

"Whoa she was so angry !" Wonyoung exclaimed.


 

"I know, did you see how red she was? She's definitely mad at you." Hitomi said.


 

"Where is she going ?" Eunbi asked as Chaewon went out of the gymnasium.


 

"She’s probably going to put water on her face to cool down." Minjoo replied with a wide smile. The others probably understood it differently as they all grew worried.

 

"You’re sick Minjoo." Wonyoung said. 


 

Minjoo shrugged her shoulders, not quite understanding why they were all acting this way. "Whatever, let’s start practicing now." 



 

____




 

Minjoo was panting as she just let the raw and pure bliss seep through her whole body, Chaewon kissing her shoulder before plopping down next to her. 


 

"You really do magic." Minjoo joked before turning around and looking at Chaewon.


 

"Of course I do. You should know by now." Chaewon mimicked her earlier reply... but then smiled. 


 

"I know... I just wanted to tease you earlier." Minjoo revealed with a soft smile as she snuggled closer to Chaewon. Letting Chaewon’s arms hold her in a warm embrace. Feeling her skin against hers.


 

"I could see that. You got me there." Chaewon admitted.


 

"It was my goal." Minjoo chuckled lightly as she closed her eyes. It was just so comfortable. Being in between Chaewon’s arms, feeling her body pressed on hers and how her fingertips drew circles against her back. 



 

"I’ll return your notebook later. I finished copying your notes earlier today." Chaewon said remembering how she hastily copied Minjoo’s notes before class this morning. She was supposed to have copied them yesterday at the library but Minjoo kept disturbing her that day. 


 

"Hmm. Give it to me later." Minjoo hummed, already feeling sleepy.


 

Chaewon pat Minjoo’s head as the younger girl slowly drifted to dreamland. She remembered how their relationship never really changed after all this time. They may be dating now, but even before that, teasing was already part of their dynamic. 


 

___

 

(Flashback)



 

Being a rising star of the school’s volleyball team, nothing was more embarrassing than to not be able to grab a book from a shelf... luckily, no one was there to witness her pathetic attempts at grabbing a book.


 

That was until she heard a muffled laugh... she saw a hand hovering hers and successfully taking the book she had desperately tried to get for the past 5 minutes. Chaewon turned around and saw the familiar figure of Kim Minjoo. 


 

She was very familiar with this one particular girl, this cheerleader. Just like how she was a new addition to the volleyball team, Minjoo was a new recruit of the cheerleaders. 


 

They both were quite famous to say the least. 


 

But that wasn’t why she was familiar with Minjoo. Call it being hormonal teenagers or whatever you want, she was actually very much attracted to Minjoo. It was reciprocal. Minjoo was just as much attracted to Chaewon. 


 

Their teasing and flirting was pretty obvious, at least for the both of them. 


 

The naughty smiles, indecent touches and lingering gazes. This was what was going on for months now. 


 

Chaewon looked at Minjoo, the younger girl was slightly taller than her which was a very embarrassing reality to the athlete. Minjoo had that very mischievous smile on her just as much very charming face. 

 

Minjoo was rather good with her words to say the least while Chaewon was better with actions. 


 

"Are you sure you’re an athlete ?" Minjoo asked, the book in her hand but her eyes fixated on Chaewon. 


 

"Size doesn’t matter, Kim Minjoo." Chaewon raised an eyebrow at the girl, not breaking the eye contact anytime soon.


 

"Let me be sceptical on this one, Kim Chaewon." Minjoo replied, raising an eyebrow as well.


 

"Oh really. How about we test that. Please prove your point." Chaewon dared naughtily. Her eyes said more than her words could ever.


 

"Oh well. Firstly, it’s easier for me to do this." Minjoo said with a smile yet her face didn’t match her actions. She pinned Chaewon’s hands over the older girl’s head. Chaewon let out a surprised yelp at the sudden action.



 

"Secondly, this." 

 

Minjoo’s knee slid in between the trapped girl’s legs, knowing too well that Chaewon tried her best not to let out any sounds, she failed however when Minjoo pressed a little.



 

Chaewon bit her lips, this took an unexpected yet very much appreciated turn. She wasn’t against it... not one single bit.




 

"What do you think so far ?" Minjoo leaned in dangerously close to Chaewon who grew red. 



 

Minjoo let one of her hands tease the skin of the girl’s leg, savouring this moment of control over the athlete, Chaewon’s voice was heavenly. The volleyball player had a very hard time at keeping quiet under the girl’s precise and soft touches and caresses.

 

"You have a really nice voice, would you sing for me ?" Minjoo teased when Chaewon accidentally let out a particularly loud sound as she had leaned down to bite on her ear.



 

"How about w-we continue this at my place ? I need to prove my point as w-well." Chaewon forced a reply, she was slightly worried about others stumbling on them or just her making too much noise.


 

"Shy I see. Sure, but you’ll have to sing me an album." Minjoo winked teasingly. 



 

Scratch that, Minjoo was EXTREMELY good with her words AND her actions... but it doesn’t mean that Chaewon would surrender anytime soon, she had many things to show Minjoo and like she said before, she was better in her actions.


 

"Don’t worry sweetheart, we’ll have a wonderful duet." Chaewon smirked and almost laughed at how Minjoo gulped down hearing her words. 



 

That day, Chaewon proved how Minjoo could sing them an opera. 




 

_____




 

They didn’t know when this started. Well yes and no. This all heated up since that day at the library and they started dating soon after that. 

 

It was rather how they started hiding their relationship. At first they didn’t care, they instinctively wouldn’t interact much at school but when they did interact, people would misunderstand their playful teasing with bickering and fights. Of course they also bicker, a lot, but not as people angry at each other… It was rather joking bickers and playful jokes. 


 

The problem was, everyone thought that they hated each other for some reasons. When in fact, even if they are right about them bickering, they didn’t hate each other, it was rather the opposite.


 

They didn’t really want to keep it hidden, but the circumstances made it so they had to. 

 

Both of their popularity reached their peak soon after they started dating, each time they would interact with each other, people already assumed they fought and hated each other then they would gossip about them like crazy.

 

 It was tiring. So now... Imagine telling everyone that they didn’t hate each other and were actually dating for a year or so. People wouldn’t stop talking and gossiping their ears off. 



 

They mutually agreed on not revealing their relationship as to not create havoc in school, yet, they didn’t necessarily hide themselves, it was just that every single time, people misunderstood them. 





 

Today, the volleyball team was in the final of a very important tournament. The gymnasium was packed and the cheerleaders were already there making everyone gasp in awe at their crazy acrobatics. Chaewon always had her heart nearly stopping and dropping to the ground each time Minjoo was thrown in the air and doing these dangerous things. 


 

Minjoo was still laughing at the memories of Chaewon asking her how she could do all those crazy stuff... really, Chaewon was all but intimidating. In fact Chaewon was soft... to a certain limit though and Minjoo loved to push that limit. 



 

At the end of their show, the cheerleaders bowed down to the thunder of applause the supporters gave them.


 

 The volleyball team then entered the gymnasium, screams and cheers welcoming them. Chaewon glanced at Minjoo who was sitting on the bench very close to the court. They smiled at each other but a guy walked in front of Minjoo, effectively blocking Chaewon’s view. 

 

Chaewon frowned as the guy gave Minjoo a bottle of water and sat down next to her... just who is he ? 


 

"Yujin-Ah" Chaewon called out to her teammate and friend. The tall middle b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter