In This World (Part.2)

For You, I’m Taking A Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

___






 

Chaewon stared at the rain outside of her window... memories creeping back in her. The thunder suddenly roared, it sounded threatening and scary but she wasn’t scared of it... she was worried about something else.


 

"It’s funny how that goes, I haven’t slept in a while~. I never saw it coming I thought we had it all...~" 


 

The familiar song out of her lips before she realised it. She sighed... opening her window, she jumped out of it, falling down like one of the raindrops. She wanted to go away. The walls of her room suddenly were a little too suffocating for her. The rain and the small room was starting to make her crazy, like a surge of adrenaline paired with dementia… she wasn’t fine.


 

She walked through the dark streets, the lights flickering as thunder ripped the sky open in a blinding light. She wanted to laugh, curse at the world and simply punch whoever would come round the corner… but a simple smile in her head stopped her. She curled her fist, how much she wished for this life to be someone else’s … how much she hated this world who wanted her death as soon as she was born.

 

She smiled remembering the few good memories during her childhood inside the orphanage, her parents having abandoned her as soon as they learned that she carried genetic abilities… the five first years of her life full of laughters and smiles. Then came the test, the one reserved to every child who was bearing abilities. She never saw the exterior world after that, rotting in a cell and getting eaten up by the loneliness and the trauma. She was a monster like they said.

 

She turned to another corner, her short hair damped by the rain and her face wet of the sky’s tears, masking her own flowing out of her eyes. 

 

A sight caught her attention, a girl was running under the rain, outside a coffee shop and flinching while hearing the thunder’s roar. 


 

Chaewon caught the woman’s face and almost wanted to yell at her... but refrained herself. Her heart was pumping painfully in her chest, she wanted to go back in time but all she could do was stop it..


 

"You’re dead... what am I even imagining.." she mumbled before walking away, under the rain, opposite to where the girl was heading.

 

Chaewon ran under the streams of raindrop, drenching herself as all she wanted to do… was to not be born.



 

xxx 


 

"Are you alright ?" Sakura asked while entering Hyewon’s room. Sakura has heard a loud thud inside Hyewon’s room, she firstly mistaken it with the thunder outside but she heard the strangle scream coming from inside. 



 

"It burns ! Here ! Here !" 


 

Sakura rushed to the girl who was on the floor and holding her arm in pain. Hyewon was on the ground, screaming in pain as she felt as if burning hot metal burnt her arm. The imaginary pain was unbearable and all she could do was to scream at the torturous feeling.


 

"Calm down . Breathe." Sakura instructed while making Hyewon sit up. The girl was in tears, her face contorted in a ugly scowl.


 

"I... can’t..." Hyewon said in between tears... her lungs were burning, as if water had filled them. She was drowning from the inside and she was burning from the outside. She was just dying.


 

"Hey hey calm down... it’s alright he isn’t here. You’re free, you’re not there anymore." Sakura tried to reason with the immortal girl.


 

"H-he i-isn’t h-here." Hyewon repeated in a strangled voice. 


 

"No... he isn’t here. You’re with us in our apartment far away from him." Sakura said, hoping it would snap Hyewon out of her hallucinations. Yet, she knew that these hallucinations would never leave her… they would torment the girl until she eventually heave out her last breath. If she ever dies...


 

"O-our apartment." Hyewon repeated again, her voice less strangled and her body relaxing slightly. Yet, the pain never subdued, it was still here… it was always there.


 

"Yes, you’re free now." Sakura nodded her head while staring straight in Hyewon’s eyes.


 

"F-free." Hyewon said before her body went limp... Sakura struggled to keep her sitting up but did her best.


 

"It’s alright now..." Sakura whispered while caressing Hyewon’s hair, she really hoped the girl would be free from her hallucinations, one day maybe.


 

"I don’t want to live... it hurts so much… It hurts but I can’t die." Hyewon cried while hugging the Japanese.


 

"Hey, he won’t hurt you again I promise." Sakura frowned... she couldn’t tell Hyewon to not say this, especially after everything the immortal had gone through. She knew Hyewon deserved a rest, a rest from this horrible life of theirs, a rest from living. If she could ever give Hyewon something, it would be the much wanted death… but she knew she would never be the one giving it to her. 


 

"It still hurts ... even now. It haunts me, Kkura." Hyewon replied in between her cries.

 

 

"I know... I’m sorry."  Sakura said in a soft voice...

 

"I'm tired... I'm so tired." Hyewon whispered before her eyes closed themselves, the exhaustion catching up.

 

 

"Rest... you deserve it." Sakura said as she saw how Hyewon fell asleep in tears... again. This wasn’t the first time. 


 

It hurt her to know that Hyewon still felt like this even now... even after she had saved her from him. Still haunted by the pain. 




 

____



 

"I’m not sure about this." Yujin said to Eunbi.


 

"About what." Eunbi asked the younger officer.


 

"Their decisions..." Yujin replied with a scowl.


 

They were out of a meeting with some higher ups, they had told them what they discovered so far and of course, the mention of forbiddens didn’t fail to upset them.


 

"I agree with you... but we can’t do anything about this." Eunbi sighed... 


 

"I... why do we need to kill them at first sight ? They haven’t committed any crimes except stealing some expensive things." Yujin frowned... a thief would be incarcerated for life at most... yet this time they wanted them dead. No judgement given. They were told to kill them whenever they could.


 

"We aren’t talking about the same crime here, Yujin." Eunbi corrected… she had seen many things in her life and so far, the only crime that is worse than a murder was this unlucky fate of theirs. A crime that they never directly committed. 


 

"And what crime have they committed other than that ?" Yujin asked, a little confused.


 

"Their crime was to exist."




 

xxx



 

"Minjoo !" Yuri called for the girl who was walking in rounds for minutes now.


 

"They will kill them but what about me ? I’m just like them, they will kill me too.” Minjoo kept repeating. She knew that Eunbi didn’t reveal her identity to anyone but their small team… but now that some knew about it, there was still a chance of it being leaked out and her getting killed. Just because she was born.. 


 

"Hey calm down. Eunbi won’t let them kill you." Yuri comforted. They all knew how Eunbi was with the idea of killing them, as much as she was known for her superhuman strength, never had she killed anyone… always finding a way to neutralise criminals and catch them.


 

"But."


 

"Don’t worry you’ll be fine."





 

____



 

16 years ago 



 

“Are we going to be okay ?” Minjoo asked her only company, the only person she could talk to inside her cell. 


 

“We’ll survive, I promise you we will. I won’t leave you behind.” The resolute voice of the slightly older girl was all she could listen to. 


 

“What is your favourite flower ?” The voice asked her, trying to change subjects.


 

“Roses… like in your song. What about you ?” Minjoo replied, truth to be told, she didn’t know many flowers so she couldn’t really compare them.


 

“Mines are white roses. Just like in the song.” Minjoo could almost hear the smile in her voice.


 

“Oh they really exist !” Minjoo exclaimed, she had seen roses before but white ones never.


 

“Yeah they do, it’s really pretty.” The voice answered 


 

“I never saw them.” Minjoo pouted, in this cell of hers she didn’t have hopes in seeing one anytime soon.


 

“I’ll grow some for you. So you can see them.” The voice replied, it was a silly promise but they were kids and dreams were the only thing they could find comfort in.


 

“I’ll watch you grow them !” Minjoo jumped excitedly, she loved the idea.


 

“Then it’s a promise.”



 

_____




 

"Alright, so we have infiltrated the black market and got a meeting with the thieves." Wonyoung said as she was standing in front of the whole team.


 

"The meeting will be held in three days at XX mall , at 2 pm sharp." Hitomi added. 


 

"Who will we meet ?" Minjoo asked, she wasn’t used to this whole investigating thingy… all she wanted was to live a quiet and normal life.


 

"Someone named Black Feather." Wonyoung replied while writing the name on the white board.


 

"What else did you find ?" Eunbi went straight to the point. She was used to going fast.


 

"Names. Or nicknames at least." The youngest answered while writing on the board, a name appearing on the white board.


 

"Restart ?" Yuri read the name out loud.


 

"That’s the name of their group." Hitomi explained.


 

"And how are we gonna catch them exactly?" Yujin asked sceptically.


 

"First we're gonna test them... during the transaction we’ll scare them a little. Then Hitomi is gonna mark them and we’ll let them go. In case something goes wrong I want Minjoo to be there." Wonyoung explained which earned a nod from Eunbi, the plan sounded good and solid.


 

"So we aren’t arresting them first." Yujin demanded, trying to understand the plan. 

 

“You mean kill them.” Yuri corrected


 

“You seriously want to kill them ?!” Yujin asked, bewildered, she was very against the idea of killing them. 


 

“Orders are orders though…” Yuri mumbled under her breath.


 

“Girls, we’ll discuss that matter later, alright. For now,  we are going to see how they react under threatening situations… if they act violent then we will have to follow the orders.” Eunbi calmed the two girls, she was shared in between her duties and her common senses… she’ll have to discuss with Wonyoung about this.

 

"We aren’t going to catch them, we’ll do so only later when they’ll leave the country." Wonyoung said, changing and gaining everyone attention to her.


 

"How are you so sure they will leave the country ?" Minjoo questioned while raising an eyebrow.


 

"They left a message ... saying what they are going to steal next." Hitomi answered


 

"And what is it ?" 


 

"The jewels of the Queen in London." 





 

________





 

"So, we are going to do it like we did last time." Sakura said with a nod. They were all gathered in the living room, discussing their plans for the transaction.


 

"Do we need to be cautious of something? " Chaeyeon asked, feeling the tension floating in the room .


 

"Actually... I drew this earlier and it doesn’t sound good." Sakura sighed.


 

The Japanese girl showed the drawing of a light symbol as well as a big bear, eyes red and blood in its mouth.... this surely didn’t seem good. Everyone anxiously looked at the drawing, at their near future...


 

"Cops ?" Chaewon asked.


 

"I’m not sure... it’s a little blurry and I can’t see well what is going to happen." Sakura revealed. To be honest, things are starting to blur now… it meant only one thing and she knew it.


 

"They have powers then. Normal humans are easy to watch but it is harder when it’s an abnormal’s future." Nako pointed out.


 

"Just take extra cautions... as long as we get the money we’ll be okay." Sakura said with a sigh… she knew too much yet not enough, everyone knew that. 


 

"Should I go this time ? In case something goes wrong." Chaewon asked, they may have to take precautions.



 

"Yeah that’s what I was thinking about." Sakura affirmed.


 

"Me and Yena are gonna work on the papers ok. Just prepare the other stuff." Sakura said before going inside her room with Yena. 


 

"We need a new bod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter