The Adventures of Sakurai Sho

Beautiful Intentions

 

“There’s no way I’m doing that.” Matsumoto Jun said with a deadpan expression. Sakurai Sho furrowed his brow at the youngest member’s difficulty. Aiba Masaki and Ninomiya Kazunari were also wary of Sho’s plan to stalk their Leader.

 

“I agree with J, I mean, why would we follow Oh-chan around anyway? So he’s acting a little sentimental, big deal…” Nino muttered, his eyes never leaving the screen of his Nintendo DS.

 

“It’s a big deal because if he is seeing someone then it could be trouble. Don’t you care about Ohno-san?” All of their expressions hardened, Nino tearing his eyes away from his game to look Sho in the eye. They all knew the consequences of being caught secretly dating someone.

 

“Do you really have to ask that, Sho-chan? Of course we care about Leader….” Aiba whispered glancing at the other members before taking a deep breath.

“I’m up for anything! It should be fun seeing where Leader ran off to.” Ohno had taken off right after work had wrapped up, not even giving a vague hint as to where he was going. But the rest of Arashi knew it wasn’t home….The way their Leader was smiling and the shine in his eyes gave a clear sense he was going somewhere or seeing someone special.

 

“…Even though I see why you want to, I can’t go. I have a meeting with my manager.” Jun said with a deep sigh, wrapping his scarf around his neck.

“Tell me what you find out later.” He said while putting on his coat, eyeballing Sho as he left the green room.

 

“What about you, Nino-chan?” Aiba asked trotting to his side to peek over his shoulder, watching as Nino controlled Mario.

 

“I honestly think it’s nothing to worry about…but I’ll tag along for a while…just to prove you all wrong.” He whispered with pouted lips. Aiba and Sho smiling at his forced nonchalance, he was just as interested in Ohno’s behavior as the rest of them.

 

~++++~

 

Sho had a supposed great idea of disguising themselves. Nino thought it cliché but Aiba thought it would be fun. The façades were fairly simple, mostly consisting of sunglasses and caps. Nino and Sho had scarfs covering their mouths while Aiba wore a surgical mask….yeah…they didn’t look suspicious at all. Especially when Aiba and Sho were practically attached at the hip while they followed a clue as to where their Leader was going.

 

“I found this in Satoshi-kun’s jacket pocket.” Sho beamed holding up a yellow post-it with Ohno’s hand writing scribbled on it. Nino narrowed his eyes at the note then returned to his game, shaking his head slightly.

 

“That’s not a clue, Sho-san, that’s a grocery list.” Nino said matter-of-factly. He would know since he was sitting right next to Ohno when he made the list. Aiba laughed while Sho turned to the side to pout, his cheeks tinting pink in embarrassment and frustration.

“Why not just try to find C’est La Vie Café?” The other two whipped around to stare wide eyed at the younger man.

“He was talking about it the other day. I’m surprised you didn’t notice.” He sneered with a bratty smirk.

 

“As expected of Nino-chan!” Aiba cheered with a large grin spreading across his lips.

“You’re always with Leader, ne?” Nino just shrugged his shoulders indifferently as he finally closed his DS.

 

“I’m leaving. My DS is running low…otsukare-sama dea~a.” He muttered, dragging his parting words out as he turning on his heels and headed for the train station that would bring him closer to his apartment. Aiba waved bye as Sho tried looking up C’est La Vie Café on his phone.

 

“Ah! Here it is! It’s pretty far from here though….Let’s go, Aiba-san!” Sho hailed running towards the train station they had just come from.

 

~++++~

 

However….Somewhere along changing trains Sho lost Aiba…

 

“Sho-chan!?” Aiba frantically called into the receiver of his cellphone.

 

“Aiba-san, where are you!?” They just had to get on one of the busiest trains in Tokyo just when work was letting out….

 

“I think I’m on a train to Ikebukuro or maybe Shinjuku…I don’t know!” He cried.

“I’m sorry, Sho-chan!” He whimpered, causing a gentle smile to play at Sho’s lips.

 

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll go to C’est La Vie Café and call you with what I find out. Just make sure you find your way home safely.” Sho ordered glancing at his surroundings.

 

“…Okay….Otsukare-sama dea, Sho-chan.” He said with a clear smile in his voice.

 

“Otsukare-sama dea, Aiba-san.” And with that the hung up on each other, Sho now looking straight at the café where Ohno was supposedly at.

 The caster’s nerves bundled up in his stomach as he entered, a light dinging signaling his entrance as his dark eyes scanning the innards of the coffee shop. Feeling an odd sense of calm in the otherwise busy shop, glancing around and spotting an open spot, he quickly occupied it as more people started to enter. Luck must have been on his side that day because he had a near perfect view of Ohno without Ohno being able to spot him. Pursing his lips and narrowing his eyes when he noticed Arashi’s Leader hadn’t even tried to disguise himself! Either he was really lucky or no one was a fan of Arashi in this quaint café.

Soon after he sat down a cute waitress with light brown eyes and her hair in a bun greeted him. Her smile bright and manor alluring….

 

“Hello and welcome to C’est La Vie Café, my name is Chisato and I shall be your server this evening.” She introduced with another illuminating smile. Almost struck by the grin, Sho took a few seconds to blink away the shock.

“…Might I start you off with something to drink?” She asked with a tilt of the head. Sho finally breaking free of his daze long enough to glance over the menu.

 

“Can I try the fruit cake roll and… a cup of hot green tea please.” He ordered, watching as she quickly wrote down his order.

 

“Alright, I’ll be right back with your order, sir.” She said with a quick bow before gracefully making her way back to the kitchen. Sho raised a brow then examined his disguise. It seemed to be working marvelously, not a single person has spotted him or his sloping shoulders.

Sneaking another peak at Ohno’s table he deduced that the person he came to see was clearly not his waitress but the woman who was serving Sho himself. As his waitress shakily placed the order before him, Sho noticed Ohno staring at her with those intrigued eyes….Looking from Chisato to his band mate he continuously wondered how Ohno could have romantic emotions for her. Sure, Chisato had a beautiful smile, petite figure, and a bit above average looks. But she also gave Sho the vibe that she wasn’t all she appeared. For example, how she was acting towards her customers was a mere façade or persona of sorts…it rubbed him the wrong way and made him wonder what else was a front. A nice, almost naive person like Ohno could be pulled in by just a few kind words.

Sho sat there for hours, watching and avoid Ohno. Which wasn’t too hard after Chisato and Ohno made contact; it was at that time that something became abruptly clear: her reactions to him were genuine and pure. However, Sho was still cautious….

 

~++++~

 

About two hours later, when all but Sho and Ohno were left as customers, a few events happened in a flurry. First, Ohno stood with his bill in hand and walked towards the counter. Smiling his lazy lop sided grin as he approached Chisato who was flustered from talking to her coworkers about something.

Sho subtly angled himself to watch Ohno stand in front of the staff. In the milliseconds it took him to blink, Chisato had grabbed Ohno and was now pulling him towards the back room. Taking advantage of one of the lady’s excitement at finally realizing Ohno had been there in plain sight.

Sighing in agitation, Sho stands with his own bill in hand and walks to the counter. Glancing at the back room as he pays, jaw nearly dropping when the pair run out of the café with barely audible words of farewell and thanks.

 

“Thank you for the food.” He says respectively, nodding his head as a substitute bow before rushing out of the café. Barely able to keep his cover while chasing after the running couple, his hand shakily placed on a tree when they stopped two yards ahead of him. He tried to catch his breath as the duo mulled over a few choice words.

After a few minutes of talking and gooey emotions, Sho followed them to an apartment building where he hid next behind a magazine rack belonging to an independent book store. He could barely make out their words but Ohno’s actions made a simple breath catch in his throat. Had his band mate’s lips just brush the back of Chisato’s hand!? Was Ohno leaning in for a kiss!?

For some reason Sho thought it dire to halt their public display of affection. As a group of high school girls exited the book store he intentionally knocked over a magazine with Arashi on the cover. One of the girls picked it up with a chuckle, slowly glancing at the man a few yards ahead of them…instantly recognizing him.

 

“Oh my gosh! Is that Ohno Satoshi from Arashi!?” She shrieked, causing Sho to wince. The other girl’s looking from the magazine at the now deserted man. Sakurai’s plan worked perfectly…even so…what was this guilty feeling swirling and bubbling in his heart? This emotions intensifying when he say Ohno’s disappointed expressions….It took a lot of strength to push the guilt into a deep pocket as Sho walked away.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Ha, ha, ha! Mama Sho is so protective of Ohno. xD

Naughty, naughty Sho-chan....

Sorry for any OOC-ness....

But you know how it goes...whatever that means....

 

Random Fact #3: Naomi was originally supposed to be paired up with Matsujun. O__O;

 

Random Fact #4: Chisato & Ohno's story is the longest amongst my Arashi fanfics. :3

 

If you have questions you'd like answered in the Random Facts, just ask and I might put it in the next chapter!

 

P.S. All my love to Hiwatarii and arashigirl2013 for always supporting me!!!! <3 <3 <3