Phone Number

Beautiful Intentions

 

Ohno’s thoughts of Chisato weren’t exactly romantic, yet they weren’t prosaic either. He thought of her smile, her eyes, and her almost pessimistic attitude towards everything. He was curious as to why she was that way, in his mind someone who’s genuine smile was as mystifying as hers meant that there was a reason behind such a jaded view on life.

He thought of random reasons why she was that way as he walked down the sidewalk. The sun setting on another busy day of work for the idol, he had the rest of the afternoon off and decided to check out C’est La Vie Café. Ohno was hoping that Chisato worked that evening. It had been about a week since their last meeting. Furrowing his brow he looked at the sketchily drawn map on his palm. Turning his head to the left and palm to the right he tried to make out which way to turn.

 

“You’ll want to take a left here.” A feminine voice rang clearly in his ear. The familiar tone sending pleasant shivers across his skin.

 

“Oh!” He gasped turning wide eyed at the sight of the woman he ventured out to see. Her eyes shone brightly under the streetlamp, her lips tugging at the corners. It had been quite a while since they’ve seen each other so close and the image in his head didn’t give her enough credit. Her ever so lightly tanned skin, light brown eyes, silky oil colored hair, and that ever curious distrustful vibe.

 

“Long time no see.” Her words came out a little shaky but the accompanied smile shook off any reason to wonder why.

 

“Long time no see.” Ohno mimicked with a lopsided grin.

“How have you been?” Chisato’s head turned to the side, her smile dimming. It was a mystery at the estranged aura of her expression until he remembered why she might be annoyed.

“Sorry I couldn’t come see you sooner…I had almost forgotten about the concert line-up.” It wasn’t an entire lie.

 

“…I went…” Her voice was a little more than a whisper as her face flared red with embarrassment. Ohno recalled the night quickly, it had been her. She had been there…smiling as he performed. The thought of her watching caused a mixture of emotions to stir; nervous and thrilling, like the first time he appeared before an audience. His silence made her nervously shift and fidget with the hem of her shirt. Furrowing her brow at the awkward silence Chisato unexpectedly spoke up.

“Were you coming to C’est La Vie?” She asked with a curious tilt of the head.

 

“Uh…Yeah, I was coming to see you.” She was shocked at his earnest reply. She found herself asking once again: is this guy for real.

“But I guess I’m a little late…and lost.” As he rubbed the back of his neck, Chisato couldn’t help but let loose a chuckle.

 

“How about I show you next time?” At least, she was hoping there would be a next time. She did get her wish, she got to see him again…but she wanted more, something she’d never thought possible.

“…Call me next time you want to stop by…?” She muttered after gathering enough strength to give voice to her words. Smiling gently, Ohno nods his head and pulls his cell phone out of his back pocket. His thumb punching in the numbers as she warily spoke them. After typing in the name of the phone numbers owner, Ohno smiled.

Before either knew it they were walking towards the Shirokawa apartment. For once she didn’t wonder or even ask why he was following her home. She was just honestly and purely enjoying being in the idols presence.

 

“Ah, by the way…this is yours.” Ohno spoke while pulling out the shining silver ring he had been holding on since they first met. When Chisato’s eyes fell upon the fish engraved band an unexpected emotion of disgust flew across her features. It wasn’t the expected feeling Ohno thought she’d feel at seeing the ring again.

 

“You can keep it. I don’t want that thing.” She snarled in absolute revulsion, her dark tone startling Ohno. So much so that he didn’t want to bring it up again while she was in such a mood. Turning her head slightly she sighed, releasing the pent up frustration that had quickly built at seeing the piece of jewelry.

“Thank you for walking me home…It was…nice.” Her timid tone eased Ohno’s confusion, placing a crooked smile on his fair lips. Internally Chisato was hoping they could do it again…that they could chat as he walked her home from work. But she knew it was impossible. Their worlds were too far apart.

 

“Oyasumi nasai, Shirokawa-san.” Her heart skipped a beat at the overwhelming sincerity in the simple parting phrase, her face now colored red.

 

“Oyasumi nasai, Ohno-kun, please be careful on your way home.” Both bowed before parting. After taking a few steps towards the double glass doors Chisato looked over her slim shoulder, her cheeks flaring red when she viewed him unmoving and shifting his gaze from the silver ring to Chisato.

Wondering what could be so bad about the obviously hated ornament. Her expression abruptly hardening when he looked down at the charm in his beautiful hand, brow creased in thought. Then suddenly he looked her straight in the eye and softly smiled, causing Chisato’s expression to melt. Her scowl being replaced with a light red flush as he dipped his head down in a quick nod before turning and walking towards the station. Chisato watched his slender back for a minute before entering the apartment building.

 

 

~++++~

 

Walking into the apartment, Chisato’s face still held its blush.

 

“Tadaima.” She muttered her greeting to her mother as she passed the couch on her way to her bedroom without noticing Akiko’s exhausted smile.

 

“Okaeri.” Akiko breathed tiredly. Getting a good look at her daughter’s wide grin and flushed cheeks before saying.

“…You…seem happy, Chi-chan.” Her words coming out in between yawns, earning Chisato’s full attention as she popped her head out the door with a curious brow raised.

 

“Are you alright, Mom?” Chisato asked while changing into something more comfortable. Akiko smiling to herself; the TV acted now acting as background noise.

 

“Perfectly fine, sweetie.” She said with a light sigh.

“So, are you going to tell me how your day was?” Resurfacing from the hallway, Chisato trots over to the couch and sits cross legged with a wide grin on her lips.

 

“It was great!” She beamed, rocking back and forth in a happy daze. Wanting to keep Ohno’s appearance to herself was a strange sensation, she shared everything with her mother…so why was now so different? Sure, Akiko would ooze with excitement and prod her daughter with questions but that wasn’t enough reason to keep her in the dark.

Chisato was getting greedy with her emotions and encounters with Ohno. She didn’t want to be told what she already knew. With terribly dangerous amorous emotions beginning to fester, Chisato began wondering why she felt so strongly about this particular person. Why Ohno Satoshi? Of all the men in the world why did it have to be one of the most unobtainable?

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Here's an interesting fact: Chisato was originally supposed to be super hyper when I first created her. She was supposed to be optomistic and cheery.

But as you've read she's pretty much the opposite of that now. However I don't regret changing her! I hope you all don't dislike her.

Anyway, thanks for reading!!!!!!!!!! Comments are always welcome! :D