Concert

Beautiful Intentions

 

Sitting in the cold and impersonal room, courtesy of the hospital, Akiko twiddled her thumbs and shifted her gaze. She was waiting for her doctor to return with the results of the series of tests she had taken.

Outside in the waiting room was her daughter, Chisato. Who had taken time out of her schedule to be there with Akiko, she knew how much her mother hated medical tests so her company was much appreciated. This usually wouldn’t be a problem but Chisato seemed to be working at the café a lot more these days.

With a light sigh, Akiko turned towards the door just as the doctor was entering. His expression was sympathetic and grim as he took a seat in front of Akiko, whose head started to pound in one of her increasingly frequent headaches.

 

“Shirokawa-san, it seems that your headaches, chest pains, and shortness of breath are getting more severe. Is that correct?” He asked getting right to the point and his lack of eye contact only increased her anxieties.

 

“Y-Yes…” Her voice was a meek mumble.

“And my arms and legs are getting a weird burning and stinging feeling if I sit too long…” She added as he nods with pursed lips, writing down her exact words in her file.

 

“I see…I got your tests back, Shirokawa-san….” He seemed to be stalling, before finally locking eyes with Akiko and taking a deep breath in preparation for the uncertain news….

 

~++++~

 

Chisato sat in the uncomfortable waiting room chair. She hated hospitals, the smell and sounds made her stomach squeeze in the most uncomfortable manner. Her eyes following every person who walked by before getting back to the paragraph she had been trying to read for the past thirty minutes. Just as she was about to finally finish the last sentence of the paragraph, Akiko gently tapped her shoulder.

“Ah, that was quick.” She said putting the book in her bag. In the back of her mind she was thinking that she could still grab a shift at C’est La Vie before it got too late.

Ohno had yet to visit so she had been picking up every shift without another thought, hoping that one of these times that he would walk through the oak door with that faraway look on his face. She wanted to see him…she felt slight loneliness. Eerily similar to the first time they departed ways, the strangest sensation enveloped her heart…an emotion she has yet to put a name on.

On the other hand Chisato had stubbornly admitted that she enjoyed his company quite a bit. There was just something about Ohno that gave him the power to hold her attention in the palm of his hand. During both the short times when they spoke and short times they were silent it was comfortable, natural. But she was starting to think that he would never drop by the café…summer had technically ended and she wanted to at least meet him before the leaves started to change color.

 

“Yes, where should we go for lunch?” Smiling cheerfully Akiko lead the way out of the dreary hospital. Chisato had almost forgotten where she was, her thoughts of the idol made her drift off. It was weird for her do be daydreaming let alone of a guy and with a small grin, Chisato followed behind her mother.

 

~++++~

 

About a week later at around four in the afternoon, Chisato was staring lazily at one of the advertisements decorating the train platform. She was waiting for Naomi; the pair was heading for Tokyo Dome to attend one of Arashi’s Summer Tour venues. Naomi had won some grade-a-tickets in a raffle and since it was a little late for Harumi to go she invited Chisato.

Well…at least Chisato would see Ohno before the leave changed from vibrant green to cozy red and golden yellow. Although in all honest she had wanted to meet with him on a more personal level. To have another one of those bump ins that resulted in them spending the whole day together again.

“Chisato-chan!” Moving her gaze from the advertisement to the tired voice coming towards her with a furrowed brow, Naomi must have been running all the way from her home because she looked exhausted. While Naomi caught her breath, Chisato appraised what she was wearing with a raised brow. It looked as if she were going on a date making Chisato feel entirely underdressed.

“Ah, you look cute.” Naomi said with a wide smile and hand on her chest as she took a big gulp of air, still trying to find the right balance of oxygen.

 

“You said dress casual…but you—” She was cut off by a voice announcing the incoming train, the train that would take them to Tokyo Dome…that would take her to Ohno Satoshi.

 

~++++~

 

The train could only take them so far before their trek had to be taken by foot and just as Chisato speculated, Naomi’s shoes proved a problem for her. She continuously grunts and groans as they make their way through the line to the ticket counter. She tossed in a few mutters as they walked to their assigned seats. All this took roughly an hour and a half…during this time Chisato tried to drown out her best friends ing with curious thoughts of Arashi.

Rather of Ohno…curious as to what his singing voice sounded like, at how he acted on stage. It had to be much different than how he acted in everyday life. Chisato didn’t find his personality at all deterring but it didn’t exactly scream idol….

Before Chisato knew it the concert was starting. She looked to Naomi, who was now all Arashified. In each hand she held an uchiwa both having seemingly appeared out of thin air. In the left hand the one Chisato thought was Aiba and in the right was the guy she thought was Ninomiya. Other than Ohno she couldn’t really tell them apart. Even though Naomi had given her homework to remember all the members’ faces and names she still found it hard to place the right names with the right face.

When Naomi abruptly turned towards Chisato, a wicked smile spread across her lips. Forcing Chisato to hold one of the uchiwa, Naomi stuck her hand in her bag and pulled out a pair of glowing sticks with an Arashi symbol in the middle. Creasing her brow she stared at the glow stick that was forced into her hand, she was still holding the uchiwa with who she thought to be Aiba.

Chisato tried giving it back to Naomi but she just waved her hand away. With a pout starting to play at her expression, she stared at the unfamiliar face on the uchiwa before being startled into staring wide eyed at her best friend. Who had scared her with a scream of excitement as the lights dimmed. She had never seen Naomi like this and was surprisingly frightened by her fanatic side. Now that she thought about it, they were pretty close to one of the many sides of the stage. In the back of her mind she wondered if she would be recognized by Ohno.

As the concert went on, Chisato found herself more and more involved in cheering for the boy band. Finding herself clapping in joy during certain songs and feeling a bit overwhelmed during others. She was fascinated by the affects and set up of the whole concert. The moving platforms and stage she found to be astonishing. Whoever planned the layout of the venue must be pretty amazing.

 During Ohno’s solo was when she was most captivated. His dance moves were provocative and gyrating yet fluid and graceful, but above all was his voice. She had never heard such soothing and beautiful vocals; her heart was pounding throughout the entire concert performance.

Unfortunately, the concert had to come to an end…however during their last song Chisato held her breath. Ohno was the closest he had ever been since the beginning of the venue. For some reason she waited in eager silence for him to turn towards the crowd and sure enough he did, smiling widely as he sang the lyrics perfectly. His peace signs, waving, and even waving peace signs made her chuckle under the crowds cheering.

Chisato didn’t know why she was holding her breath anyway. After all she was in a sea of fans all waving and screaming for Arashi or individual members. She was just another face in the crowd…but regardless she was looking directly at Ohno, sincerely smiling for the first time since their last encounter. Strangely enough for a split second he faltered while taking a step while giving a three digit wave. Frozen, Ohno stared into the crowd. Managing to keep up with the lyrics as he stared causing the other members to look at each other. One of them even jogs to their Leaders side to check on him.

 

‘Maybe he hurt himself…’ She tried to think logically, even though the thought of him hurting himself made her anxious.

 

“Eh?” Naomi mumbled without Chisato’s notice as she looked from her best friend to the thawing idol on stage with a furrowed brow. Chisato watched as Ohno slowly regained himself and returned to singing the happy tune and busting out a few moves.

Before Naomi could mention anything both her and Chisato’s eyes moved upward and into the showering confetti that was raining down on the masses. Smiling softly, Chisato held her hand out to catch one of the strands of silver ribbon.

 

~++++~

 

“You sure did buy a lot of souvenirs.” Chisato commented as Naomi shifted the two giant bags full of concert goodies.

 

“Of course! There’s some for me and Harumi and baa-chan and something for you too.” She explained with a toothy grin.

 

“You didn’t have to get me anything.” Was her blunt reply.

 

“You know, you can say thank you.” Naomi pouted, glancing out the window before turning back towards Chisato. She knew how her best friend hated relying on others and that even meant going out of your way to get her something.

“Anyway, you seemed to actually enjoy yourself. They’re pretty cool, huh?” Naomi said gently nudging Chisato in the side. She didn’t expect to have a bad time, she just didn’t think she would enjoy it as much as Naomi.

“You seemed to especially like Ohno-kun.” She smirked at Chisato’s jittery disposition at the mention of the man.

 

“Which one was he again?” Chisato’s voice shook as she tried to pass as naïve. Naomi narrowed her eyes at the fidgeting woman, her lips pursing before being replaced by another smirk.

 

“Hmm? I’ve never seen Chisato interested in a guy before. Shame it’s an idol you have a crush on. People like you and I could never even dream of reaching their level, ne?" It was unintentional, but Naomi’s words stung. Chisato had tried to pound this common knowledge into her brain…but every fiber of her being disagreed. Regardless of her views on relationships or relying on others she still felt the urge to see him in the flesh again.

She knew he was in a whole different class than she was, she knew he was sought by so many, she knew…yet she still wanted to be around him.

 

‘What an annoying feeling…’ She thought with a deep sigh. Surely hoping to see him again wasn’t a sin. After all she still needed to repay him for saving her.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's Note: Sorry it took so long. I had to revise the chapter a few times. :P

But hopefully it was worth it...?

Sorry if it . -__-;

Anyway, drop a comment if you feel like it and thanks for reading!!!!!!!!!!!