Walk You Home

Beautiful Intentions

 

It was busy, more than usual on a Wednesday evening. C’est La Vie was bustling with life as was its staff. On top of the patrons flooding in there was a new waitress to train.

Chisato glanced at her as she cleaned a dirty table. She had unnatural red hair, wide hazel eyes, and a slender figure. Chisato couldn’t exactly remember her name though….

 

“—sato…Chisato-chan!” Naomi barked from behind the counter, her brow creased with impatience.

 

“Yes, what it is?” She increased the sweet tone in her voice to try and appease Naomi’s annoyance.

 

“Can you bring this to table five? Momoko-san is a bit…preoccupied…” Naomi said with a humorous giggle, she was always so sweet to rookie employees. Chisato could still recall how kind she was at all the mistakes Takayuki made when he first stared at the café.

 

‘Momoko-san…?’Was that the name of the new waitress? Looking around she finally spotted the newbie. On her knees picking up pieces of fallen cake and broken plate, opposite of her was Takayuki. His brow furrowed in annoyance as he helped clean up what he had been trying to serve to a table.

Taking the tray with a single portion of short cake and coffee, Chisato quickly located her destination and made her way with ease to the table. She could only see the mop of hair belonging to the patron, which somehow felt familiar. It was only when she started placing the food in front of him did she realize who it was. All she could do was blink in utter shock, her true reaction fighting with her work persona.

 

“Hello, Shirokawa-san.” Ohno Satoshi smiled his usual lazy lopsided grin as he eyed the paralyzed woman.

 

“O-Ohno-kun, h-hello.” She stammered with a shaky voice.

“I thought you were going to call me before you came here…” She mentally scolded herself for asking such a thing, as if he needed her permission to go somewhere.

 

“Mmm…Well…I tried. But no one answered.” He blinks tiredly, work must have been tough today. The life of an idol must be exhaustingly interesting.

 

“Ah! I’ve been working all day so I couldn’t get to my phone...I’m sorry.” She nervous demeanor and fidgeting earned the raised brows of her coworkers.

“…A-Anyway, thank you for coming. I hope you enjoy your coffee and cake.” Regaining her waitress role she graciously bowed at the waist before walking back to greet the new customers in her section, secretly wishing that Ohno had sat there instead of the new girls area.

Closing seemed to come faster after Chisato knew about Ohno’s presence.

 

“You seemed to be getting along with that guy pretty well, Chisato-chan.” Naomi beamed as Chisato placed her tray on the counter.

 

“Oh…erm…I know…him…” She awkwardly averted her eyes to where Ohno still sat. He hadn’t moved an inch since Momoko took his dishes away and refilled his coffee.

 

“EEEHHHH!?” Both Naomi and Takayuki synchronized in shock as they stared at the blushing woman.

 

“Hanamura-san, would you like me to ask the last two customers to leave?” Momoko interrupted with a worried expression, clearly she didn’t want to be rude to the patrons but she also wanted to take some initiative in her new job.

 

“It’s alright, Momoko-san, we don’t want to be rude to our guests.” Naomi said with a devilish grin on her lips, putting emphasis on each word. Patting herself on the back for assigning new uniforms for the girls.

 

“Shirokawa-san?” Nearly jumping out of her skin, Chisato slowly turned towards the familiar tone.

 

“Y-yes?” She squeaked with a shaky smile, an intake of breath getting caught in at the striking smile on the idols mouths. It was at that time that Naomi got a good look at the man, her eyes widening to the size of saucers.

 

“O…O…Oh…Oh…” The woman stumbled over her own words, knowing what her friend was trying to say. Chisato hurriedly yet unconsciously grabbed Ohno by his wrist and pulled him towards the locker room. Ohno just furrowed his brow and allowed her to lead him.

Gazing intriguingly at the nape of her neck, noticing how it was so slender and smooth looking. She had always worn her hair down whenever they met, but it seemed at work she wore it in a bun. Ohno noted the emotions running through his veins at that moment. Attraction was the strongest as he watched her nervously gather her things from her cabinet, stuffing her clothes in her bag before turning back towards him.

 

“Sorry for pulling you along…but—” She boldly grabbed his hand and rushed them out of the room. Ohno looking at the flustered manager as Chisato ushered them towards the door. His lazy gaze moving from Naomi to the only male waiter, his dark eyes were glaring at their linked hands.

“Otsukare-sama dea, everyone! Takayuki-kun would you take this man’s bill out of my paycheck, thank you!” She managed to announce without a response before practically running out of the café with Ohno in toe.

 

“Thank you for the cake and coffee.” His words were barely audible to the staff as the door shut with a light rap, being pulled behind the slighter being caused a small smile to find its way onto his lips once again.

A few blocks later, the pair slowed from a partial jog to a tired walk. Their hands still connected as Chisato leaned over to catch her breath. Her nerves had caused the oxygen in her lungs to burn up as they made their escape.

 Ever so slowly she realized that she was still tightly holding the man’s hand causing her face to alight with a hot red blush. Snatching her hand away from his beautiful hand, she attempted to avoid eye contact. Though the growing smile on Ohno’s face was drawing her in like a moth to a flame.

 

“I’m very sorry for dragging you out of the café like that.” Chisato apologized with a deep bow, her fingers spinning her favorite star ring around as she waited for any type of response from the latter.

 

“Don’t worry about it. It was sort of fun watching you so flustered.” He chuckled softly, drawing her attention in closer.

“But why the rush to get out?” He asked with a quizzical brow raised.

 

“Um…my manager is a huge Arashi fan. I didn’t want her to make a huge ruckus over you being there….” She pauses, feeling the same strange selfish emotions building up every time she met Ohno. She didn’t want anyone to see Ohno in such a casual state…the Ohno that she had come to recognize. The image of him that she wanted no other common person to see but herself…even if it was Naomi or even her mother….

“I didn’t want her to bother you with all her questions and squealing.” She attempted to cover up her conflicted thoughts with a smile and creased brow.

 

“I don’t mind. Next time I’d like to meet her.” He said starting to walk, Chisato raising a curious brow as she stared at his back. That was something she didn’t expect…She had thought all famous idols who claimed to love their fans didn’t really pay much attention to them if they met in a real life situation…it seemed that Ohno was different than what she had imagined.

“Is it alright if I walk you home?” He asked with another lop sided grin pulling at the corner of his lips. Feeling a new emotion of teasing that sent a trill of excitement through her nervous system, Chisato permitted a smirk to grow on her lips as she leaned forward slightly to view his handsome face. She had never been one to tease or mock before, she was experiencing many new things thanks to Ohno.

 

 

“Is that why you were at the café so long? Just so you walk me home?” Her tone was taunting when she asked, expecting to get a ‘no’ in response. After all C’est La Vie was a quiet café, a nice place to get away from the busy city. So it seemed like a great place for an idol to sit in hiding and enjoy a slice of peace and quiet.

 

 

“Would it be bad if I did…?” He whispered earnestly, his cheeks tinted pink at Chisato’s shaken demeanor. Her lower lips quivering as she focused her gaze on the ground.

 

“…I-I guess not.” She murmured softly, her face feeling as though it were on fire. Her hands finding the hem of her apron, rubbing the fabric between her fingers was a weak attempt to cool the blaze running through her body.

The shiver caused by the chilly autumn breeze didn’t go unnoticed by Ohno, he quickly glanced around at where they were before gradually taking his jacket off and placed it on Chisato’s slim shoulders. With curiously raised brows she earnestly smiled.

 

~++++~

 

“Thank you very much for walking me home again, Ohno-kun.” Chisato said with a blushing smile. Her nerves had yet to cool by the time they reached the apartment building.

 

“No problem at all. I like spending time with you.” At these words her heart pounds dangerously against her ribcage. How could he say these things so easily and without an inkling of hesitation? Was he just being nice or perhaps he only meant these ardent words in a platonic way?

 

“M-Me too…” Chisato felt strange admitting she liked spending time with Ohno yet at the same time it felt euphoric to speak honestly. Biting her lower lip she cautiously turned to look at the man, reluctantly taking the warm jacket from her shoulders to give it back.

“Oyasumi nasai, Ohno-kun.” She whispered nodding before turning to head inside, abruptly stopping when a warm hand reached out and grasped her wrist. With her bottom lip between her teeth she stared down at the beautiful, long fingers gently wrapped around her wrist.

Ohno’s fingers gingerly moving down to her hand, pulling her hand up with his to twine their fingers together. Wordlessly he stared at their linked hands, turning them so the back of Chisato’s hand was a breath away from his lips. She wondered what they felt like, his lips, what they would do to her if they touched her hand….As he stared into her eyes his lips got closer and closer….

 

“Oh my gosh! Is that Ohno Satoshi from Arashi!?” A female voice gasped, immediately causing Chisato to cringe and pull away.

 

“Bye-bye.” Her face was clearly red as she stumbled up the three step stoop of the building, Ohno watching with disappointed eyes as she fumbled with the code to open the inner doors of the apartment complex. Peeking over her shoulder with crimson cheeks, she spotted three high school girls surround Ohno before disappearing from his sights.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

WOAH~! Another update so soon!

 

Random Fact #2: Chisato was supposed to initially live in San Francisco, CA with her mother and father. Akiko(Chisato's mum) wasn't supposed to have such a big part in the story either.

 

Random Fact #3: Chisato and Ohno were supposed to meet on a pier. :3

 

I'll probably be putting up these random facts about the story as I continue. Hope you find them interesting and random!