Best View

Whiplash

Y/N stood up and uttered, "Dad?"

Their dad, Mr. Kim, who was seriously glaring at Y/N, now beamed a smile and raised his arms as he moved closer to her, "Oh Y/N sweetie, papa missed you so much," hugging her tightly.

"Urgh, I can't breath," Y/N protested as she was burried in his father's chest.

Ignoring her complaints, he released her then cupped her face between his huge hands and said,

"Mmm, that scowling face and stern attitude of yours is really cute, just like your moms."

"Shtop meking fun of me," she said as her cheeks were squished.

"Dad!" shouted David as he ran towards their father.

Mr. Kim unhanded Y/N's face and stooped down to scoop David up, "Ah, my big boy."

He ruffled David's hair until it was messy and kissed his cheeks, "Have you been a good boy while I was gone?" he asked.

"Of course!" David answered followed up by a question, "Do I have any souvenir?"

"Haha, how could I forget. It's downstairs," as he laid David down who excitedly ran outside Taeyong's bedroom with a small, "Yes!"

Taeyong found the scene endearing so instead of chuckling, he coughed.

Mr. Kim noticed Taeyong so he moved closer to him and gave him a long look. He then smirked, "You've grown handsomer my son. Just like me. Come here," as he opened his arms.

Taeyong smiled and embraced him, "It's been a while dad."

Y/N was astonished at the visual, "Daebak. Just like two peas in a pod."

They didn't hear her say it so when Mr. Kim released Taeyong, he said, "I just got back from a business trip so since were all here, why don't we go nature sightseeing."

Y/N was incredulous, "Huh? This late?"

Mr. Kim justified matter of factly, "It's not late. It's only past 10 in the morning."

"Where are we going?" asked Y/N.

Ignoring her, Mr. Kim encouraged them, "Quickly, you two. I'll tell your mother downstairs," and then quickly left the room.

'Ignoring me?' Y/N thought as they were left speechless with Taeyong.

Y/N sighed in disbelief, "It's so like him to impulsively decide on something."

On the other hand, Taeyong was enjoying it, "Ha ha ha, I find it endearing though. He loves you all so much."

Before Y/N turned to leave, she said, "That includes you," then left.

Those words coming out of her made his heart feel warm as he shyly smiled.

~~~

After a long 2-hour drive, they arrived in Sogeumsan where the Wonju Sogeumsan Rope Bridge is located.

Mr. Kim shared some information while they were still inside the car, "They say this is the longest suspension bridge in Korea."

The three siblings looked outside their window in awe.

Taeyong was really hyped, "Really? Wow, I'm excited to go up there. I'm sure the view would be beautiful."

This would be Taeyong's first tour outside of Seoul since coming to Korea and living together with his adoptive family.

Arriving at the area, Mr. Kim parked their car and one by one they got out of the car.

"Noona, David, look at that. Whoah!" as he pointed at the suspension bridge above them.

David was excited, "Yay2x! I can't wait!" as he was jumping with joy.

Y/N asked Taeyong, "It's so high. Aren't you afraid?"

Taeyong remarked back, "Noona, if you get scared, you can always cling on me. I'm all open arms if it's you," he smirked.

She just scoffed, "Hmph, we'll see."

After gathering their ticket, Mr. Kim called them, "Guys, let's go."

They started to climb the stairs. It was less crowded than usual that day so hiking 500 plus steps would be short.

Y/N and Taeyong climbed first while David and their parents were behind them.

Mrs. Kim was taking pictures of their family as well as the surroundings, all the while they would hear Y/N and Taeyong annoy each other before them.

Taeyong nudged Y/N, "Noona, noona. I have something to say."

Nonchalant, Y/N asked, "What?"

Out of the blue, Taeyong spouted, "I think I can make you happy."

Y/N looked at him expectantly, "Why? Are you leaving?"

Taeyong complained, "Ah wae... That's not how you answer."

Y/N understood then that he was pulling up pick up lines on her. She laughed apologetically, "Okay, okay. Give me another one."

Taeyong seriously thought of something else, "You shouldn't wear makeup."

She asked, "Why?"

Taeyong answered, "Because it's messing with perfection."

Y/N pulled up a grin, "It's cringy but that's a good one."

Taeyong added, "Noona, noona. I have another one. Are you a camera?"

She asked, "No. Why?"

Taeyong answered, "Because everytime I look at you, I smile."

Y/N was impressed as she pulled one on him, "Not bad either. I have one for you."

Taeyong was excited, "Oh, what, what?"

Y/N asked, "Are you a fire alarm?"

Taeyong was curious, "No. Why?"

Y/N answered, "Because you are really loud and annoying."

Taeyong complained, "Ah, wae?"

Y/N just sneered at him, leaving him behind.

And so they continued to annoy each other all the way until they got to the starting point of the bridge.

~~~

With just a few steps they made on the bridge, Taeyong already got frantic, "Ah! Ya ya ya! The bridge is shaky2x."

Y/N was walking ahead of Taeyong and thought, 'He has a habit of saying things twice when he's excited or afraid,' which Y/N find it amusing.

Taeyong called, "Noona, noona, wait for me," his knees bent like he has arthritis.

Y/N looked at him, "Yah! Walk normally. Even David is walking normally."

Disregarding what she said, Taeyong continued, "This bridge is not safe2x. It's shaky2x."

Y/N found Taeyong funny and annoying at the same time, "Stop saying it twice!"

She glanced at Taeyong who was walking like a grandpa, both hands on the rope handle. She wanted to so she stomped on the bridge making it shake a little.

Taeyong almost had a heart attack and was frozen in place, "AHH! Kajima2x!"

Y/N just laughed at him.

Mrs. Kim told Y/N, "Sweetie, stop teasing Taeyong," as they passed them with David holding his father's hands.

Y/N answered, "Ye," and looked back at Taeyong who looked pitiful.

Taeyong was trying his best to move forward so Y/N slowed down, keeping pace with him.

They were already midway when Y/N stopped, "Taeyong, let's take a picture."

She took out her phone and held it up.
This made Taeyong excited and found a chance to hold her, fogetting his fear of the shaky bridge.

He wrapped his left arm on her shoulders and leaned closer to her as he smiled.

Y/N didn't complain and said, "Smile," as she pressed the button.

Taeyong also took out his phone and did the same, snapping a picture of them.

They already took a number of photos so they decided they had enough and looked beyond.

Y/N remarked as she was marveling the horizon, "Look at this view. It's so beautiful."

Taeyong waited for the timing and looked at her and said, "You're my best view."

'So the punch lines aren't over,' she thought. Showing a straight face, Y/N jokingly said to Taeyong, "Chalga. I'll see you on the other side," as she waved at him.

Regretably, Taeyong called, "Ah! Noona, don't leave me2x," as he grabbed her shoulders.

On the other hand, their family were already on the end side of the bridge, waiting for them.

Taeyong's hands on her shoulders felt heavy everytime he takes a step.

Her patience is at it's limits, but she tried to suppress it.

Y/N expressed her difficulty, "Yah, Taeyong, I feel like my shoulders are gonna come off."

Taeyong gave out a nervous laugh, "Haha, sorry noona. Just this once though."

However, he thought of another idea where he clung on Y/N's right arm, "How about this?"

Y/N acknowledged his clingy side, "I don't mind but as I said, you're heavy."

Taeyong ignored this, "Let's just walk fast, noona."

Y/N remembered what Taeyong said a while ago and reminded him, "Whose clinging to whom right now?"

He averted his gaze and whistled, "I don't know what you mean."

As soon as the other end of the bridge was in sight, Taeyong beamed, unwrapped his hold of Y/N and immediately hurried his steps until he got off from the bridge.

He knelt down and hugged the grassy part of the mountain and exclaimed, "Land! I've missed you!"

"Hyung, you've made it," David praised Taeyong with a thumbs up.

Y/N walked past him and said, "Don't be so overdramatic."

Taeyong lifted his head and quickly got up, "Eh! Wait for me."

Mr. Kim looked back at them and asked, "So who's hungry?"

Taeyong and David raised their hands, "Me!"

Mr. Kim, "Okay, let's go down to the market below and find some food."

The three siblings answered, "Ye."

~~~

The Free Market were filled with food stalls so Mr. Kim instructed them, "Guys, go pick out anything you like. Pick something that can be eaten on the go coz we need to go somewhere."

All three of them answered, "Ye," as Y/N grabbed David's hands and looked around.

They found a stall that has an amazing variety of street foods. They were deciding on what to choose.

Taeyong asked them, "Noona, David, what do you like?"

Y/N answered, "Baenni Dakgangjeong."

David answered, "Cheese hotteok."

Taeyong affirmed, "Okay. Mine will be Royal wang tteok galbi."

The seller grabbed a cup filled with the food of their choice and gave it to Taeyong. He then handed this to Y/N and David.

The seller said to Taeyong, "That would be 30,000 won."

Taeyong grabbed his wallet, pulled out the exact amount and gave it to the seller.

Y/N was impressed, "Oh, I thought you would ask me to pay for it."

Taeyong showed her his wallet, "As long as I have my wallet, I'll pay for everything."

Y/N then shrugged and retorted, "Okay, you can pay for everything starting from now on."

David praised him, "Whoa, hyung is so cool."

He expressed a nervous laugh, "Don't go overboard."

Mrs. Kim called them, "Okay kids, you got everything?"

All of them had their food in their hands and answered, "Ye."

Mr. Kim said, "Good, let's slowly walk towards the parking lot."

Taeyong poked a slice of meat from Y/N's cup and ate it instantly before Y/N could even rebuff, "Hmm, yummy."

Y/N glared at him, "Yah, you didn't ask."

Taeyong just grinned and poked a slice of meat from his own cup and offered it to Y/N, "Here."

He had it hovered around while waiting for her, "Say ah."

Y/N rolled her eyes and finally ate it as she murmured, "Thanks."

David was envious at the sight so he hopped like a rabbit at Taeyong, "Hyung, me too."

"Ah, kiyowo," Taeyong smiled and picked another slice and gave to David, "Here you go."

David ate it, "Hmmm," and was hopping with joy.

Their dad suddenly announced their next destination, "Okay, so I booked a private beach in Surfyy Beach. We'll go there now."

Y/N and Mrs. Kim both asked in unison, "What?"

Taeyong and David both jumped in joy, "Yay!"