Buried Alive

Whiplash

The siblings waited in the lobby's lounging area while their parents checked in at the counter.

Then, their parents went to get them followed by the resorts employee who will be escorting them to their room.

They followed him as they walked into a pathway surrounded by different kinds of plants in addition to a pond and a fountain on either side.

As soon as they reached the resorts restaurant, they continued crossing it until they reached the beach area with lined single rooms and small cottages on each side.

At the end of the pathway, they turned right and passed a one-storey Meditteranean-style villa big enough to be a house.

The employee stopped at the second villa and went up the porch and turned in the key to open the door.

Y/N was impressed, 'i thought we would be given a simple room.'

They were toured inside from the living room, bedroom, kitchen and dining, as well as the very spacious garden at the back with a big jacuzzi, blocked by a bamboo fence for privacy.

The employee then turned to them and bowed as he wished them, "Enjoy your stay."

Mr. Kim answered, "Thank you," as he handed a very big tip at the employee.

When the employee was gone, they were all in awe at the place.

Taeyong was amazed, "Yaaaah, this place is huuuge," as he looked every parts of the villa.

Meanwhile, Y/N was grumbling, "Dad! What about our change of clothes? You didn't tell us we'd come here until later!"

Mr. Kim revealed to her, "Don't worry sweetie, they're all here. I had them readied and delivered," as he led them to the entryway where the luggages were sitting in place.

Taeyong was fascinated, "Woah, that wasn't there before."

Mr. Kim raised an eyebrow, "Instant, right?" as he raised his right hand to which Taeyong gave a clap.

Mrs. Kim called out their attention, "Enough of that boys. Get your luggage and choose your room."

They all took their personal luggage and while their parents took the biggest room, Y/N, Taeyong and David were undecided.

Taeyong excitedly asked Y/N, "Does that mean we'd be in the same room, noona?"

Y/N sighed, "Stuuupid. There are 4 rooms in here," and proceeded to the room opposite their parents room.

"Tsk," Taeyong silently exclaimed.

David glanced up at Taeyong carrying his small bag in his hands, "Hyung, I can stay in the same room with you."

Taeyong smiled and ruffled his hair, "Thanks, but I'm only kidding. Why don't we go see your room."

~~~

Y/N was lounging on the sofa as she was going through the IG stories on her cellphone when Taeyong and David came to join her.

David called them, "Noona, hyung, let's play a game."

Taeyong sat near Y/N when he asked, "What kind of game do you want to play?"

Y/N dropped her phone and answered Taeyong instead, "Since we're here on the beach, how about we play rock paper scissor and the loser will be burried in the sand for 1 hour."

Taeyong was reluctant about her idea, "Eh, that's so harsh."

Unbothered, Y/N revealed an even more harsher punishment, "Really? I was originally thinking for the loser to be burried all night, from dusk till dawn."

Taeyong, "..."

On the other hand, David was jumping in excitement, "That sounds fun! That sounds fun!"

Dispirited, Taeyong weakly emphasized, "David, being burried all night is not fun."

He deliberated for a good minute and then clapped his hands, "Okay, let's do the 1 hour."

"Alright," Y/N straightened her posture and readied her hands by stretching it.

For a moment, Taeyong wondered and asked, "What if David loses?"

Y/N blatantly answered and specifically looked at Taeyong, "Then you'll take his place by default."

Taeyong was stupefied, "Why me? Being the oldest here, you should take responsibility," as he raised his hand to point at Y/N.

This made Y/N to get fired up as she slowly got up from her seat, "Ohoho, David, we'll make sure Taeyong loses."

Taeyong also stood up as he stomped his feet in condemnation, "Dammit! Don't decide that on your own."

"Kai bai bo!" Y/N immediately blurted out, commencing the game as she ignored Taeyong's protest.

All three of them held out a paper, so Y/N called in again, "Kai bai bo!"

What is so baffling about this game is that all of them would give out the same hand sign, as if they could read each others thoughts.

The game was so intense that even David is holding up on his own.

Every one of them was so focused on the game where losing is not an option until a cry echoed through the living room.

"Noooooo..." Taeyong exclaimed as he knelt on the ground, hands covering his face.

Y/N took a breather and was ready to deliver Taeyong's punishment, "Okay, let's go. Don't be so dramatic."

Taeyong pulled up his head and pouted, "Huhu, heartless," but nonetheless, still did as he was told and followed Y/N and David outside.

They stopped just 5 feet away from their villa and checked the perimeter. Since the resort is private and too expensive, only a few people would go there.

"Alright, let's start digging," said Y/N as she determined the area would be safe for Taeyong.

The three of them dug up for about 10 minutes until it was deep enough for Taeyong to fit in.

He then went and laid himself down while Y/N and David gathered the sand on top of his body until he was buried, except his head.

David took out his stop watch and clicked it, "Timer starts now."

Y/N and David wasn't done in burrying Taeyong as they started to carve out a y mermaid torso and a tail.

Taeyong couldn't see what they were carving so he called out, "Yah, what are you doing?"

"A very y image just right for you," said Y/N as she moved closer to Taeyong's head.

She then carved a mountain of sand that looked like a voluptuous female s and David bursted out in laughter when he saw it.

Taeyong complained, but to no avail, "Yah! This is embarrasing."

Y/N laughed out loud, "It's not embarrasing. It's cute."

She then took out her cellphone and pointed it towards Taeyong and said, "Smile."

She took a few snaps then showed them to him, "Look."

David praised, "You're cute hyung."

Taeyong responded gladly to any good praises of him from David, "Ah, thank you."

"Okay, we'll leave you now. David, c'mon," Y/N motioned for them to leave.

Taeyong felt uneasy, "Eh! You're leaving me alone?"

Y/N eased his worries, "You'll be fine. We'll be watching you from the villa."

Taeyong couldn't stop them anyway as they left him there, a head propped out on the sand with a carved mermaid body and tail in the sand.

Alone, Taeyong watched the waves smash into the shore line, slight wind carrying the clouds as it would clear out and then form again, the sun diving slowly each minute into the horizon.

Thirty minutes have passed when the resorts pet dog, a shih tzu, wandered near Taeyong.

Taeyong likes animals so when he noticed the dog, he called it's attention.

He was petting it with words, "Ah, kiyowo," as the dog was sniffing his hair. It got curious as it was sniffling and circling Taeyong's head until it motioned to raise it's hind leg on Taeyong's left side of his head.

"Aaaah! No no no no!" Taeyong shrieked when he realized what the dog was about to do.

Just in time, David came running and shooed the dog away using the beach towel he was carrying.

"Phew. That was close. Thanks David," Taeyong felt relieved. 'I was close to smelling like dog pee. Not being able to avoid such dilemma is pitiful,' he thought.

David joined Taeyong, "Hyung, I brought you a drink," as he slowly laid the can beside his face and positioned the straw near his mouth.

Taeyong was touched, "Thank you David. Hyung loves you so much. Mwah, mwah, mwah," he gestured with his mouth.

David chuckled, "Hehe, you're welcome hyung," as he spread and laid the beach towel beside Taeyong's left side and sat down.

Taeyong was contemplating for a moment when he remarked, "Noona doesn't care about me."

"Then I'll just go back," said a voice behind him.

Taeyong quickly extended his head behind and saw Y/N staring down at him and then motioned to leave. "Ah! Noona, noona! Come back," he called.

"I brought you a cake," Y/N said as she came closer, spreading the beach towel on his right side and sat down, placing the plate near him.

Taeyong pondered while staring at the cake, "Uhm, noona, I don't have my hands right now, so...."

Y/N immediately answered, "I know." She grabbed the fork and sliced the edge of the cake and held it at Taeyong's mouth.

Taeyong gladly ate it as he muttered, "Hmmm, delicious."

From the villa's porch, their mother took a photo of them and smiled.

Then, their parents walked towards the shore line and stopped as they marvel the sun nearing the horizon.

Y/N and David were laying on their stomach so they are level with Taeyong as they watch their parents.

Y/N admired the sight, "So beautiful."

Taeyong didn't say a word and slowly turned his head to stare at her.

Just seconds as he stared at Y/N, he noticed someones gaze on his other side so he turned his head and caught David staring at him.

Taeyong was confused, "What?"

David spouted, "Tell her hyung. I'll leave you two alone."

'Tell her what? What does this kid know?' Taeyong was nervous and suspicious.

It was uttered in a whispery tone so that Y/N wouldn't be able to hear.

David got up and ran towards their parents.

There was silence between the two; Y/N who was oblivious about everything and Taeyong who was conscious about her every move.

Y/N again admired their parents, "Look at them. It's like their first date all over again."

Taeyong didn't answer but wondered, "Uhm, noona. Do you have someone you like?"

Y/N was disconcerted as she looked at him, "Huh? Why all of a sudden?"

He feighned innocence, "Nothing. I just wanna know."

Y/N tore her gaze away from Taeyong as she answered, "I don't."

'I thought you'd say that,' Taeyong thought.

Y/N then asked the question back at him, "Do you have someone you like?"

Without a second thought, Taeyong looked at her and answered, "Yes."

Y/N was looking ahead so when she noticed that Taeyong was somehow looking at her, she looked back at him.

Taeyong stayed still, unflinching while expressing a longing look in his eyes.

That moment seemed like endless; that she was the only one those eyes were seeing, feelings almost unraveling.

This made Y/N conscious and shy but didn't let it show and just shrugged as she looked away, "Is that so. Who's the unlucky one?"

'If I say you, she'd smack me and I can't dodge it, can I?' Taeyong thought. Instead, he just grinned widely and declared, "Secret."

Y/N got curious so she laid on her side to face Taeyong, "What? Do I know her?"

Taeyong answered in a baby voice while cocking his head left and right, "I won't tell."

This got her more curious so she teasingly poked Taeyong's cheeks numerous times, "Tell me, tell me, tell me."

Taeyong couldn't avoid this so he just protested in place, "Ah, jinjja! I'm not telling you!"

"Y/N sweetie, stop teasing Taeyong," Mrs. Kim said when they walked past them back to the villa.

David rejoined them and announced, "Time is up, hyung."

"Tsk," Y/N expressed as she and David started to ungather the sand on top of Taeyong.

Taeyong felt relieved as the weight of the sand had been lifted off of him. He slowly stood up and brushed off the sand on his body.

David noticed Taeyong's body is so pale, "Woah hyung! Your body is so white."

Y/N added, "It looks like you're drained of blood."

Taeyong was embarrassed, "Yah, who's idea is this? Don't just stare on my body and let's go inside."

Mrs. Kim called them out, "Kids, hurry up to the jacuzzi. After this we'll go for dinner."

All three of them answered together, "Yeh," as Y/N wrapped the blanket she was holding on Taeyong's shoulder.

~~~

After an hour in the jacuzzi, Mr. Kim decided, "Okay, I think it's time to go eat."

Y/N got out first followed by David and when Taeyong got out, half of his body was all red.

Y/N witnessed this and remarked, "Taeyong, you got a sickly body."

Taeyong retorted and defended his body, "Yah, it's not. It's just sensitive to temperature."

She just rolled her eyes, "Yeah yeah," not impressed by his reasoning.

Mr. Kim got out of the jacuzzi and approached Taeyong, "Son, for your body to become strong, you should come with me to the gym someday."

Mrs. Kim was behind her husband and was carressing his biceps, "Oh yes, you should go. Look at your dad and his muscles. So manly."

Y/N was irked at the sight, "Stop that mom," and then turned to Taeyong, "You should know, dad works out like crazy."

Taeyong let out a nervous laugh, "Haha, can't wait."

David held Taeyong's hand and warned, "You'll die, hyung."

Taeyong, "..."