Let's Cooperate!

Whiplash

Taeyong timidly sat in the passenger's seat when he felt some dark malevolent energy behind him. Not wanting to look back, he nervously asked, "You're not actually holding like a rope and strangle me from behind, are you?"

Y/N froze and stopped playing with the shoelace in her hands when Taeyong coincidentally guessed correctly. She faked a laugh and denied, "Of course not. Why would I do that?"

Next to her, their mother glowered at her so she slowly tucked away the shoelace behind the car seat and grumbled, "Why do I have to go with you guys?"

Their mother answered enthusiastically, "Because I want to spend this time with my children. At the same time, I want to buy Taeyong some new clothes."

David, seated in between Y/N and their mother, noticed something from Taeyong and remarked, "Hyung, your forehead is red."

Y/N was tense in her seat and focused on Taeyong's response.

Taeyong touched his forehead and clarified, "Ah, this one? I bumped on the glass wall," which is so not far off considering their house is 80% made of glass.

After an hour drive, they arrived in Gangnam's biggest mall and went directly to the designer store that their parents patronize.

Their mother called for the store clerk, "Miss, could you give us your newest release of clothes for my son?"

The clerk was ecstatic, "Yes ma'am," as she led Taeyong to follow her.

Y/N was watching them and all she could hear the clerk say is that Taeyong looks good in this, looks good in that.

All the while, an idea popped into her head. She looked for the weirdest design she could find and give it to Taeyong.

She picked out two pairs of clothes and called, "Taeyong-ah, why don't you try this?"

Taeyong felt ellated as he grabbed the clothes she picked, "Y/N is picking out clothes for me? Kamsahamnida."

He then brought all of it in the changing room while the rest of the family waited on the couch.

After a while, Taeyong came out with the clothes Y/N picked. He even made a pose to make the clothes look good.

He wore a silk gold crop top with plunging neckline and frilled long sleeves matched with black leatherette pants that looks like a garbage bag.

Y/N was confused, 'Those are the clothes gave him? What the heck. Why does it look good on him? The plunging neckline that shows his chest is... Ahem...'

On the other hand, their mother praised him, "As expected from my son. You look handsome just like your dad."

David even clapped and made a thumbs up, "Hyung looks cool."

Taeyong felt shy but proud and went back inside to try another one.

This time, Taeyong got out wearing a pair of pink flower designed biker jacket and a tight pants. Again, he made a pose to make the clothes look good.

Y/N grumbled to herself, "Why does he look good on those ugly clothes I gave him?"

The clerk heard her and coughed. Y/N avoided her eyes.

All the remaining clothes were picked by their mother and the store clerk, so obviously, no more explaining to do.

The other store clerks were swooning over Taeyong, "Ah... So handsome and prince like."

~~~

After hours of shopping, they got hungry and went to a restaurant to eat.

The restaurant's food is really delicious so all of them enjoyed a great time together.

They were having fun conversation when Y/N remembered something, "Oh no!"

The rest of them looked at her as she took out all the stuff from her bag on the table until she found her cellphone.

Their mother asked, "Uhm, sweetie. Something wrong?"

She was focused on her cellphone as she was trying to look for something.

She explained, "There is a book that I need to buy. It's always sold out and now they're on stock."

She stood from her seat, "Sorry, I'll be real quick," and hurriedly left.

~~~

On the way to the bookstore, she passed by her favorite designer store.

Standing outside, '!' she was debating by herself. Her feet was itching to go inside until it won, 'This won't take long.'

She meticulously scanned every rack of clothes until something caught her eye. She pulled out a knitted bodycon turtleneck sleeveless dress in purple.

The store clerk approached Y/N, "It's the last one remaining from our limited edition."

"Well, isn't it my luck today?" she remarked as her eyes was praising the dress.

The clerk asked, "Would you like to purchase it?"

Y/N contentedly answered, "Yes," and gave the dress to the clerk.

The dress was brought to the cashier who greeted Y/N, "Annyeonghaseyo."

The cashier punched in the bar code and told her the price, "That would be $660. Would you like to pay in cash or card?"

Y/N answered, "Card," as she placed her bag on the counter to get her wallet.

The cashier patiently waited for Y/N to get her card.

After a while, going back and forth at every corner and pocket of her bag, her wallet is not inside.

She got frantic when she couldn't find it, '! Where is it? I swear I placed it inside my bag when we left the house.'

A little worried, the cashier asked, "Ma'am, something wrong?"

Y/N had cold sweat, as if her soul is leaving her body, as she answered blankly, "I think I lost my wallet."

The cashier regretably remarked, "I'm sorry to hear that. In that case, shall we cancel this purchase?"

Y/N's soul came back and stopped the cashier, "Wait! Can I reserve this? I'll go get some money and come back real quick."

The cashier apologetically answered, "I'm sorry ma'am but we can't do that. First come first serve policy."

Disbelief crossed her mind, 'Of all the days for it to be lost, it had to be now.'

Y/N was thinking of another excuse, "How about this watch? It's worth $980. I'll leave this here while I go get some money. Please reserve this for me," she begged.

"Sorry ma'am, we can't do that," the cashier denied her pleas.

'Tsk.' Y/N was out of options, 'Then I'll have to call mom.'

She was about to pull out her cellphone when a voice interrupted her, "Miss, I think you don't belong here. Picking that limited designer item but don't have the means to pay. Will you get lost already. I'll buy that instead."

Y/N's eyebrows raised and turned around to see who said it.

Standing behind was a beautiful tall girl who was wearing heavy makeup. She was also wearing flashy, stylish clothes. The way she stood, she looked arrogant.

Compared to what Y/N wore thay day which is a simple plain white t-shirt tucked in a tattered jeans and rubber shoes, one would assume that Y/N couldn't afford the dress.

However, Y/N wasn't intimidated by the girl at all, "Excuse me? I can pay for this, got that?"

The girl scoffed, "Really? You could've done that a while ago, but it seems you don't have any money. Girls like you shouldn't be here. Why don't you go to a bargain store where someone like you could afford."

What the girl said was somewhat true; Y/N can't pay for it because her wallet is lost. However, discriminating someone because of the way they dress is different.

Y/N barked back at the girl, "Hearing you say those words made me want to not give this up."

Challenged, the girl answered back, "Enough with your nonsense. Let that go coz I'll buy it right now. Here's my card," as she showed it on the counter.

Y/N sternly said in a flat condescending tone, "I am not letting this go."

Out of nowhere, "Jagiya!" someone called.

All of them looked at the person who called from the entrance of the store.

Y/N's eyes widened when she saw Taeyong grinning at her.

All of the girls inside the store who saw Taeyong were seeing sparkles and roses around him.

On Taeyong's perspective, he is seeing the girls with pink flowery aura while Y/N has this dark aura emanating out of her while glaring at him.

He just sighed, finding her hostile gesture to be cute.

"Uri pabo Y/N, you forgot your wallet," he held it up as he approached her on the counter.

The mean girl who Y/N argued commented in disbelief, "Wait, did he just call her jagiya?"

Taeyong smiled, "My clumsy Y/N," placing his left hand on her waist then pulled her closer to him.

All the girls there were shocked and flustered by Taeyong's sudden gesture, especially the mean girl who opened in disbelief.

Y/N's temple vein is about to pop as she muttered to him, "What are you doing?" all the while pressing Taeyong's left foot with her shoes.

Taeyong wanted to cry but controlled himself with a smile. He whisphered in her ear, "Just go with the flow," feeling sorry for his innocent foot.

One of the store clerk whisphered to the cashier, "Are they boyfriend-girlfriend? They kind of look alike though."

The cashier answered back, "I've noticed that almost all couples when together for a long time almost looks alike."

The clerk rebutted, "You're just saying that because you don't have a boyfriend."

Offended, the cashier hissed, "Shut up!"

Y/N grabbed her wallet from Taeyong and opened to find the inside full of black cards and cash. She pulled one of her credit card and gave it to the cashier.

All the girls were intimated by this especially the mean girl. She even accused, "Hmph, calling your rich boyfriend to pay for you. Pathetic."

Taeyong held her in place, "Easy," when he felt that Y/N was about to pull away. He then turned his head to look at the mean girl behind them and asked politely, "Miss, could you please stop harrassing my girlfriend?"

The cashier read aloud the name printed on the credit card, "Miss Kim Y/N, please sign here," as she was presented with the receipt.

The mean girl realized that it was indeed Y/N's credit card she used and not her boyfriend.

Once Y/N signed it, the cashier gave back her credit card and the paper bag.

Taeyong took the paper bag and pulled Y/N away. He once again looked at the mean girl and said, "Even if my girlfriend is penniless, I would buy her everything she wants. My advice for you, stop with that pathetic attitude of yours."

The girl was shocked to hear it from a handsome guy to a girl like her, "Unbelievable!"

They got out of the store with Taeyong's hands still on Y/N's waist, who haven't spoken any word yet.

They walked for a good minute when Y/N broke the silence, "How long are you going to be this close?"

Taeyong answered happily, "Until we're out of sight."

Y/N was suspicious, "We've been walking for a while now," and then barked at him, "Yah! You're enjoying this, aren't you?" as she placed her arm behind him and grabbed his nape forcefully.

Taeyong immediately broke away from her and cried, "Ow ow ow! Okay, sorry."

Luckily, their mother and David met them along the way.

Their mother was relieved, "Oh, thank God you found her."

Y/N was confused, "Huh?"

Their mother explained, "Sweetie, you forgot your wallet in the restaurant so we went to follow you."

David continued, "When we didn't find you in the store you said you would be, hyung hurriedly looked for you in every store."

Disbelief plastered all over her face as she looked at him.

Taeyong was smiling stupidly at her while still carrying her paper bag.

She thought, 'What an innocent idiotic smile.'

She sighed, grateful for his save back there, and finally let out, "Thank you."

 

What happened earlier:
It's time for the family to gather downstairs so Taeyong got out of his bedroom when he coincidentally bumped into Y/N outside his door.

As soon as he saw her, he instinctively ran towards the stairs but Y/N was quicker than him.

She grabbed him by his wrist, "You little brat! You can't escape me now."

No matter how much Taeyong struggled to pull away, he didn't have the strength to escape from her strong grip.

He felt that it's a wasted effort so he knelt down in front of her and begged, "Y/N, sorry for what I did. I will never do it again."

'Finally, the time has come to get back at him.' Y/N smirked and gave out choises for him, "Choose. Punch, kick or a slap?"

"Eh? Wasn't there a kiss from the options?" Taeyong jokingly asked.

Y/N found Taeyong's guts to joke in this dire situation implausible and mind-boggling.

It made her pissed so she grabbed his ear, "Choose!"

Taeyong cried out, "Ow ow ow! Okay2x! How about ddak-bam" he asked.

Doubtful, she asked "Huh? That's not in the options I gave you."

He explained himself, "I can't have a hand mark on my face right now nor a bruise."

"Hmph! Fine," somehow satisfied with the idea since she knows her fingers are lethal.

And that's how Taeyong ended up with a red mark on his forehead.