Chef's Kiss

Whiplash

Afterschool, Taeyong and David decided to wait for Y/N outside her classroom's corridor. They leaned over the balcony facing the school ground.

Taeyong started to hum a song while David continued playing with his PS4.

Not that long, Y/N was seen walking from the hallway. She saw them by the balcony but didn't make her appearance known.

David noticed her but didn't say a word to Taeyong and just focused on his game.

Y/N stopped behind Taeyong and listened to him as he audibly sang the words softly.

Suddenly, the surroundings became dreamy-like, birds chirping as the wind blew softly. All three swayed left to right from Taeyong's lovely voice.

When Taeyong finished the song, David clapped and so does Y/N which gave Taeyong a startle. He turned around to see Y/N's impressed face, "That was the first time I heard you sing."

Taeyong was embarassed as he didn't expect another audience other than David. He turned to David, "You didn't warn me."

David was oblivious, "But hyung, I didn't know noona never knew you sing."

Hearing it, Taeyong slumped his head in defeat when he realized, "Wait, is your class over?" as he asked Y/N.

Y/N plainly answered, "Yeah. I went out to get something. I just got back."

Taeyong whined, "Eyy.. You didn't tell us."

Y/N just shrugged, "I didn't know you would wait for me this early."

Taeyong clapped as he ended the topic, "Okay! Then let's go home. I wanna cook for you guys."

"Yay! Food, food! Hyung's going to cook for us!" as David was jumping in excitement.

Y/N narrowed her eyes at his idea, "I have a bad feeling about this."

~~~

As soon as they arrived home, they instantly went upstairs to change.

Taeyong called them before they could even go inside their bedroom, "Noona, David, once you're done changing, help me in the kitchen."

"Okay hyung," David reponded instantly; however, Y/N protested, "Why do I have to help? You said you would cook for us."

Taeyong hesitated before he continued, "I did, but I changed my mind." He made up something so that Y/N will help him in the kitchen, "I assume noona doesn't know how to cook so if you help me, you might learn something."

Y/N motioned her hand to smack Taeyong but stopped midway, "Who say's I can't cook?"

Taeyong flinched but still answered, "Says my instinct."

Y/N crossed her arms and tilted her chin upward, "If it's making a poached egg and cooked rice, I'm an expert," she proudly declared.

"Yeah, yeah! Noona is so good at it," David supported her claim.

'Don't be so proud of it. Geez...' Taeyong thought.

Taeyong crossed his arms and nodded, "I've decided! I'll be expecting you in the kitchen noona-nim," he teased Y/N as he went inside his bedroom.

Not having the chance to retort, she grudgingly turned towards her bedroom, "Hmph."

David just serenely went inside his bedroom, unperturbed by his noona ang hyung's bickering towards each other.

~~~

Everyone was gathered in the kitchen including the family cook and three house maids that were ordered to sit aside for the time being.

Taeyong already is wearing an apron so he called Y/N, "Noona, turn around," as he showed her her apron.

Y/N reached out her hand, "Give me. I'll do it myself."

Taeyong wasn't going to let it go her way so he grabbed her hand, pulled her closer then grabbed her shoulder and spun her, facing her back in front of him, "Oh come on. I said I'll do it."

"Argh! Don't push me around!" Y/N barked at him.

She stood still as he slipped the apron over her head and pulled the strings on both sides, tying it securely on her waist.

Taeyong leaned close to her ear and softly said, "You smell nice noona."

"Wah!" Y/N shuddered as she reflexively took a step away from him.

Taeyong grinned stupidly, "Just kidding. David your turn. Come here."

'This prick! My heart skipped a beat for a second there,' she thought as she held her palm to her chest.

Taeyong slipped the small apron on David and tied it on the back. "Okay, done," as he let him go.

He made a decision and then clapped his hands, pointed at Y/N and asked, "Noona, you said you know how to cook rice, right?"

Y/N confidently answered with conviction, "Of course!"

Taeyong had faith in her confidence so he gave her the task, "Then you can start with it."

He then turned to David, "David, could you wash the vegetables?" to which he answered, "Yes hyung."

The sink was located in their long center island so while David was washing the vegetables, Taeyong was mixing soy sauce, brown sugar, pear, garlic, ginger, ground black pepper and sesame oil in a bowl on an empty side of the center island.

Y/N went to Taeyong's side once she was done with the rice, "I'm done."

Taeyong was impressed, "Wow, good job."

He removed the beef rib eye from its pouch and laid it on the chopping board, "Now, noona, you cut this beef in small strips." He did a demo for her, "Like this and place them in this marinade I just made."

Y/N was intensely observing Taeyong and eventually grasped it, "Okay, easy." Being able to learn just by watching, Y/N was able to cut the beef smoothly.

Meanwhile, Taeyong was also slicing the vegetables that David just cleansed. He then placed them in a clear bowl and set aside.

Taeyong checked on Y/N, "Aahhh.. Nicely done, but even if you've done it poorly, I'd still take you as my wife."

Y/N scowled at him, gripping the knife with full force.

Taeyong cautiously distanced himself, "Noona, I was just kidding."

Y/N relaxed and continued slicing the beef.

Taeyong glanced at her as he remarked, "For a second I thought the knife was going to fly out of your hands."

Y/N just rolled her eyes, "Shut up." She placed all the slices in the marinade and asked impatiently, "Am I done here?"

Taeyong was not done with her, "No you're not." He took another ingredients, "Here, cut the tofu in square bite size. After you're done, remove the shells from these shrimps and wash the clams thoroughly."

Y/N complained, "There's too many!" but did it anyway. She took them all on the left side of the center island near the sink.

'I have to give noona lots of things to do so that she'll stay here in the kitchen,' Taeyong thought about his masterplan.

David was just watching them on the other side of the center island when he inquired, "What about me hyung?"

'Oh, I forgot about David,' Taeyong thought so he asked him, "Could you take out lots of small glass bowls in the lower cabinet right there?"

David nodded and went to retreive it. He carefully held it between his hands and body and asked, "Where do I place this hyung?"

Taeyong pointed on an empty counter behind where the stove was located, "Place it here. Now, I have an instruction paper here. These ingredients here are labeled so you wouldn't make a mistake. Here is a measuring spoon. Measure each ingredient from the list and place them individually on the bowl. Do you understand?"

David grinned and gave a thumbs up, "Easy hyung. Leave this to me."

Taeyong pinched David's cheek, "Aww, kiyowo. Unlike the other one."

Y/N slowly turned her head with a dark aura and gleaming eyes, knife slowly appearing in view, "Unlike who?" she asked Taeyong.

Taeyong was terrified, "Eek! No one!"

Y/N placed the sliced tofu, shrimps and clams individually on a clear bowl and placed it together with the rest of the ingredients near the stove.

Taeyong took out from the cabinet a large ceramic cooking pot and a skillet and placed them each on top of the burner.

Taeyong checked all the ingredients gathered and stated, "Everything is prepared. First we'll cook is sundubu jjigae."

Y/N was relieved, "So, our work is done here."

However, Taeyong stopped her, "Not so fast. You're going to help me cook. David, you can sit now. Thank you for your help."

Y/N stomped her feet in protest, "Yah! Why can't I go?"

Taeyong enlightened her, "Didn't I tell you I'm going to teach you how to cook? You'll be my assistant."

Y/N was self-conscious about the fact, "Stop with the 'I don't know to cook' sh*t! I know how to cook, just.. not the complicated ones."

Taeyong was dubious, "Yes, yes.. I need to make you the perfect wife soon."

Vexed, Y/N found a lying wooden spatula, grabbed it and motioned to smack Taeyong when he blocked it with his own wooden spatula.

Taeyong smirked, "Hehe, I'll take this noona-nim," as he took her spatula. She didn't say a word and just crossed her arms.

He the fire, poured in some cooking oil, chilli powder and garlic and stirred it all.

While stirring, Taeyong asked Y/N, "Noona, put in the clams and shrimps."

Y/N did so as she carefully poured them in the pot.

Taeyong stirred all the ingredients, making sure the seafoods are coated with the chilli.

He then poured the soy sauce and fish sauce and stirred it again.

Taeyong told Y/N, "Noona, get the anchovy stock and poor it in slowly."

"Got it," she acknowledged and grabbed the bowl and poured it reeaaally slowly.

Taeyong who was watching her stated, "Uhm, not that slow though."

Y/N rolled her eyes, "Geez, make up your mind," as she emptied it all.

Taeyong just sighed as he closed the lid, "We'll let this boil for 3 minutes. Now, let's make the bulgogi."

He the fire on the other burner where the cast iron skillet was placed. He then poured the cooking oil and let it spread until it's well heated.

Taeyong ordered Y/N, "Noona, you place in the beef strips."

Y/N did so and slowly poured it in when it created a little bit of oil splatter on her arms, "OW! That hurts!"

Taeyong shielded her arm from the splatter, "There's only a few splatter. Don't be afraid with it."

Y/N gave Taeyong her spatula, "Wait just a sec," and she was gone.

He was clueless to where she would go so he continued on stirring the beef instead.

When she returned, "Okay, let's do this," she said inside a bulky protective suit, much like an astronaut's suit.

Taeyong was dumbfounded, "Tell me. Are you going to the Moon or Mars?"

Y/N proudly said, "I got this as a present."

"No, I didn't ask about it," Taeyong countered with a poker face.

Y/N took the spatula from Taeyong and stirred the beef without worries.

Taeyong checked the stew, added in the tofu, mushrooms and an egg. He seasoned it with salt and tasted it until he was satisfied. He closed the lid again to let it boil more.

Taeyong turned to Y/N, "Noona, pick up the sliced vegetables and add it to the beef."

She did so and stirred them all carefully.

Taeyong poured in a little bit of the marinade sauce to make it saucy and sizzle as Y/N continued on stirring it.

Taeyong took a fork and took one slice of beef and chewed it. He nodded his head as he was satisfied with the taste.

Y/N made a gulp as she was now hungry. She opened up her helmet's shield and asked, "Let me taste it," as she opened .

'Ah, kiyowo,' Taeyong can't help thinking so he took a slice, blew on it and fed it to Y/N, "Careful, it might be hot."

Y/N chewed on it and her demeanor changed, "Hmm, yummy. I cooked it really well."

Taeyong the top part of Y/N's helmet, as if her head, and praised her with a tender smile, "You've done well."

Looking straight at him, Y/N's cheeks blushed then clumsily fanned herself, "It's hot in here!"

Taeyong unsubtly said pertaining to her suit, "Blame yourself for wearing that. Remove that already because we're done," as he turned off the burner.

Y/N quickly ran upstairs to change change, flustered, 'The f*ck! What the hell was I thinking?'

"Hyung, I want a bite too," David appeared on Taeyong's side, startling him.

Taeyong said timidly, "David, don't appear so suddenly," as he took a slice, blew on it and fed it to him.

Same expression as Y/N, David happily hopped away from the kitchen as he told Taeyong, "Hyung, it's delicious."

Taeyong just smiled and turned to the house maids, "Uhm, could you help us set the table?"

Two of them responded at the same time, "Of course."

"David, could you call mom?" Taeyong asked which David compliantly answered, "Okay hyung."

Taeyong took out the same ceramic pot and transferred half of the stew in it and brought it to the dining table, placing it on top of the wooden trivet.

Back to her normal self, Y/N returned and asked, "Anything else I can do?"

Taeyong sarcastically said, "Wow. I never thought you'd ask."

Y/N rolled her eyes, "I'll get the rice."

Taeyong smiled, "Hehe, thanks," as he went back to the stove and transferred half of the bulgogi in another skillet.

David got off the phone, "Hyung, mom says she'll be late and says to eat before her."

"Such a waste," Taeyong remarked as he carried the skillet to the dining table, placing it on top of the wooden trivet.

Y/N responsed, "It can't be helped though," as she placed the bowl of rice on the table.

Taeyong took an empty bowl, scooped the stew and served it individually to Y/N and David, "Here you go."

He looked at the others, "Everyone, I made lots for all of us. I have some more left in the stove."

The cook and the house maids were reserved but grateful as one of them answered, "Thank you, we will do so after you are all done."

Y/N took a bite of the shrimp and a spoonful of soup and was astonished, "Mmm... It's delicious."

Taeyong was delighted, "Really?"

David also was amazed, "Hyung, daebak!"

Taeyong smiled, "Glad you like it. Eat all you want."

Y/N looked at Taeyong and invited, "Why don't you sit down and eat as well."

Taeyong sat and rested his head on his hands as he smiled, "I'm satisfied just by watching you guys."

Y/N raised an eyebrow, "Really? Then we'll eat this all up."

Taeyong awkwardly laughed, "I'm just kidding," as he took his serving ang began eating.