Finding Taeyong

Whiplash

Y/N was just sitting idle outside her classroom's corridor balcony with her 6 yrs old brother David and a friend of hers when her phone received a text notification. She took it out of her pocket and found a text message from their mother that says:

'Sweetie, sorry this may sound sudden but you have an adoptive brother from the US. Now that he is here in Korea, he will be living with us from now on. He also just enrolled in your school a while ago and is 1 year younger than you. Please find him yourself and come back home together. I don't have his pictures to show you so just search his name on the internet. His name is Lee Taeyong. Good luck! Mwah!'

"..." Y/N stared at the phone on her hand, dumbfounded by the sudden revelation.

David noticed this so he leaned on Y/N's lap and asked, "Noona, what is it?"

After a minute, she snapped out of it, "I have to call mom."

She dialed their mother's number and after three ringing tones, their mother picked up, "Sweetie?"

Y/N roared at her phone, "Mom! What the hell is with your message?"

Mom: "Geez, sweetie, calm down. Mind your image."

Y/N just rolled her eyes but did as she was told. She calmed and composed herself, "Okay, fine. Explain." she demanded.

Mom: "You were 1 year old when we adopted him while on vacation in the US. We decided not to tell because we waited for the right moment... as it just did."

Y/N couldn't grasp the logic, "After all this time? Mom!"

Mom: "Stop complaining! What's done is done. I have a meeting to attend to so do your best. Ciao!"

...Line cuts off. Y/N looked at her phone that went back to home screen.

"The hell with ciao," prickled by their mother's nonchalance about the matter.

David asked, "What did mommy say?" still laying on Y/N's lap.

Y/N was worried that David might not understand the situation, but then dismissed the idea since she knows David is a bright kid.

She grabbed David's shoulders, straightened him up and started to talk in a calm voice, "Don't be shocked, but we have an adoptive brother from the US named Lee Taeyong. He's a year younger than me."

David: "..."

Waiting for a shock that never came, she praised him, "I'm impressed with your reaction."

"Bwa ha ha..." her friend bursted out laughing. "Your family is really amazing." she added.

Y/N glowered, "I''m glad we amused you," annoyed by her friend but then set it aside, "Enough of that! I need to find Lee Taeyong!"

Her friend leaned her arm on the balcony and suggested, "Why don't we shout out his name from here? Maybe he'll hear it."

Y/N opposed, "Yah! We can't do that!"

Her friend shrugged, "It's faster that way though." Then, she suddenly snatched Y/N's phone, "Alright, let's search online."

Y/N didn't retort and even went to her side to check. Her friend tapped the image result and the two of them were baffled.

"What the... This is not what I expected," her friend showed a disappointed face.

Y/N snatched her phone back and exclaimed, "Yah! There's no way he's that old."

David shoved his way between them, looked at the screen for a moment then suggested, "If he's Korean, why not try placing A here."

Y/N and her friend both went silent, looked at each other and thought internally to each other, 'pabo'.

The three of them looked at the pictures and her friend covered , flattered, "daebak."

Y/N thought, 'Huh? Why does he look like dad? Yah, that's really amazing. I look more like mom but I also have a little of dad's looks. David might still be young but he also resembles dad a little.'

Y/N then withdrew her phone and announced, "Viewing is over." She grabbed David, "Let's go." She looked back at her friend and instructed, "You, stay here."

Her friend complained, "Ah, wae?" but still did what Y/N asked.

~~~

After calling an acquaintance from the faculty, Y/N now knew where to find Taeyong.

As they were approaching the said classroom, Y/N asked an approaching student, "I am looking for Lee Taeyong. Is he here?"

Meanwhile, David was staring at a guy who was also staring at him, leaning on the doorway, both hands inside his pocket.

The guy's fellow classmate who witnessed their stare down was amused, "Ohoho.. Yah, Taeyong! Daebak! This kid looks exactly like you."

"I could say the same thing," said the guy named Taeyong as he grinned admittedly.

David confirmed internally, 'Face just like dad, smiles just like dad, his classmate just called him Taeyong.'

Taeyong's classmate stared at David for a good minute, "Wait. I think I've seen this kid before. Are you perhaps the brother of Y/N, the most beautiful girl in this school?"

David ignored the guy and called out Y/N, "Noona! I found him," as he was pointing at Taeyong.

Taeyong's classmate was hurt because David ignored him and sulked behind Taeyong.

As Y/N came closer, she could tell that it is the same person as in the pictures, 'Daebak. He looks exactly like dad. What the hell.'

Taeyong's classmate immediately beamed as he saw Y/N and peeked behind Taeyong's shoulder.

Y/N scanned Taeyong from head to toe and tried to confirm, "So, you're Lee Taeyong?"

Taeyong crossed his arms and smirked, "I'll answer that if you go on a date with me."

Disappointed, '! I take back my words!'

These are the kind of guys Y/N hate the most so she rebuffed, "Let's go David, we're wasting our time here." She grabbed David's hand and walked out.

As Y/N was towing David, he looked back at Taeyong who was smiling at him and made a bunny ear hand gesture on his head and inaudibly enunciated 'ki-yo-wo' until they were out of sight.

Taeyong's classmate smacked him in the shoulder, "Yah! Why did you say that to Y/N?"

Taeyong teasingly replied, "I just want to see her reaction."

~~~

Y/N and David were sitting on a shed in the parking lot when two boys sat down on the same bench as them.

Both of them were talking, laughing loudly and started smoking. David, who was playing PSP, peeked and looked in their direction.

Y/N grabbed David's head and tilted it back down towards his PSP. She then crossed her arms and just slightly cocked her head with judging eyes towards the boy next to her who seemed to be younger than her, "Yah, we're still inside the school grounds, so stop smoking. How old are you anyway?"

The boy she was referring to got up and retorted, "Mind your own business, ."

She couldn't believe what she heard, '?'

Y/N's forehead vein snapped. She got up and confronted the boy, "You've got some foul mouth, boy. That no smoking sign behind is waving at you."

The boy just scoffed, "No one cares about the sign," and laughed together with the other boy.

Y/N answered back, "And no one will care if I beat the sense out of you. Or better yet, why don't I shove that sign into your mouth instead of that cigarette?"

Meanwhile, just 5 feet away, behind the bush popped out Taeyong's head. He was following them a while ago and was observing the situation.

"I'm gonna punch you so hard, !" the boy got pissed and launched a fist towards Y/N's face.

Taeyong prepared to spring himself and protect Y/N, but froze as he saw Y/N dodge the boy's attack.

David spoke apathetically, "noona is a taekwondo black belter," while still playing on his PSP.

Realization hit the boy when Y/N grabbed his arm and swung him over her shoulder towards the ground with full force.

Taeyong got intimidated after he saw what Y/N could probably do to him in the future.

Y/N bent over just above the boy's face and sneered, "you were saying?"

The boy couldn't even move, just stared blankly at her and stammered, "s-s-so-ry..."

She then turned her attention to the other boy who was preparing to escape. She called him out, "Hey you! You're just gonna leave your friend and save your ?"

He just froze in a spot, never dared to answer her.

"I've got a suggestion for you. Why don't you bring your friend here to the clinic. You can even tell the nurse and doctor who did this to him if they ask. They'll know." she exasperated.

The boy hesitated to come closer so Y/N waved at him to come closer, "C'mon, I won't hurt you."

The boy vigilantly came closer, one careful step at a time. As he got to his friend, he immediately grabbed his arm and hurriedly dragged him out of the area.

She dusted herself off, "That went well," as she fixed her uniform and hair.

She could see their car on the way so she walked back towards David and grabbed their belongings when Taeyong suddenly appeared in front of her.

"Hey guys. Sorry about earlier." Taeyong apologized and raised both his hands waving a peace sign.

Y/N just stared at him blankly then wandered her gaze away from him. "Did you hear someone talk?" she asked David.

David nonchalantly answered, "I think it's just a fly."

Taeyong awkwardly laughed, "Eyy, don't be like that. I meant what I said."

Dubious, Y/N crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow, "So, you are?"

This time, he properly introduced himself, "My name is Lee Taeyong, the adopted son of Kim Jaejoong and Ji Min. You must be Y/N and David."

She cynically accepted his apology. "So, you knew us?" she verified.

He bragged enthusiastically, "Of course! Mom would always tell me stories about you two."

Bothered by his easy going attitude about the matter, she peeved, "Aren't you disappointed that mom and dad never told us about you until now? We know nothing about you."

Taeyong confidently replied, "I just believed in what mom said, 'at the right time'. Besides, I'll let you experience me yourself," he smugly proposed.

Y/N narrowed her eyes and David cocked his head for a second then looked up to Y/N.

Y/N covered David's ears and said, "Could you rephrase what you just said? It sounded erted it's not good for David's ears."

Taeyong realized, "Ah! Sorry, sorry. What I mean is we all have plenty of time getting to know each other."

She judged him for a good minute. "Very well then," she turned her back on him when all of a sudden, a gust of wind blew her skirt revealing her underwear to him.

Taeyong being mischivous that he is, whistled instinctively.

When Y/N heard it, she turned around and asked him, "Did you just whistle?"

Taeyong felt something bad might happen if he wrongly responds so he denied with an awkward laugh, "ha ha ha, it... it was the wind," avoiding her eyes.

Y/N leaned closer and calmly threatened, "If I ever find out it was you, your momma will collect you in the hospital."

Since they were still in the school grounds, Taeyong sarcastically asked, "Eh? Why not the clinic?"

Y/N mockingly replied, "Because the clinic can't fix you."

Taeyong processed that thought and said, "Then I'll spare you from exerting such arduous act."

Y/N raised an eyebrow and smirked, "Do your best," as the car door opened in front of them.

David went inside first followed by Y/N. When Taeyong was about to join them, Y/N stopped him, "We're full. Why don't you sit in front of the passenger seat?"

Taeyong cutely protested, "This is discrimination!"

Y/N sighed, "No, it's not. Don't think too much and quickly get in there or we'll leave you behind."

Taeyong wanted to complain but waited until he closed the door and muttered, "bully."

Taeyong walked up towards the passenger's front door and opened it. Once he took a seat and shut the door, Y/N suddenly spoke, "I heard that."

Taeyong just stayed stiffly silent and thought, 'she heard that?'

Y/N leaned forward and sqeezed Taeyong's left shoulder and ruffled his hair, "Taeyong-ah, welcome to the family."

Taeyong wimply accepted her gesture, "why does it sound like a threat?"

Y/N just sneered, "nonsense," and ordered the driver, "let's go home."