You Mean the World to Me

You Mean the World to Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Joohyun-a~ Sorry to wake you up baby, but we need to go to the hospital now for your treatment." I gently whispered into her ears.

 

Seeing Joohyun so tired and weak makes my heart crumble into pieces. It's her 3rd cycle now of chemotheraphy and it really impacted her a lot.

 

She became more skinny, her hair is also starting to fall off. She's paler now compared to before. Her aura became more weak. 

 

I always try my best to take care of her. I always cook healthy food for her to become more stronger. I always stick by her side and never leave her alone. I always try my best to make her happy.

 

Joohyun groaned and hid under the covers. I smiled at the sight of her being this cute. "5 more minutes Seul..." she softly asked and peeked from under the blanket.

 

I caressed her head and gave her a kiss on her forehead. "Okay. Just 5 more minutes and we will get you prepared okay?" Joohyun nodded and closed her eyes. I quietly stepped out from the room to prepare the things that we will be bringing at the hospital.

 

I also wanted to surprise Joohyun tomorrow, so I called Wendy to ask for some help. 

 

"Seul? Why call this early?" 

 

"Seungwan-a, can I borrow your restaurant tomorrow? Please?"

 

"For what Seul?"

 

"I wanted to surprise Joohyun. Please buddy just this one time." I begged. Wendy went silent for a while but I patiently waited for her response.

 

"Sure buddy! Why not? I'll start to prepare everything by tonight. I'll make sure that this will be special for you two." 

 

I thanked Wendy for accepting my request. "Thank you so much Wendy! I promise I'll pay for everything."

 

"No need to pay Seul... It's on me. Gotta go! Joy's nagging at mr again." Wendy said and ended the call.

 

I looked at the clock and I didn't notice that 30 minutes already passed by. I scurried over towards our room and to my surprise, Joohyun is already prepared. 

 

"I thought you're still sleeping my little sleepy head." I said and went near to her. I stood behind Joohyun as I watched her reflection combing her hair.

 

"Seul, am I getting uglier?" 

 

Out of the blue, Joohyun asked and looked up to me. I pouted and kneeled so that I can level with her eyes. I cupped her face and made her look directly into my eyes so that she would really believe in what I will be saying.

 

"Don't say that Hyun. You are the most beautiful woman I know." I said and smiled. Tears rolled down from her eyes. She's really hurting inside. 

 

I pulled her into a hug and let her cry. I don't care if my shirt would be wet from her tears. I will comfort her always.

 

My shoulder is reserved for her to cry on.

 

I will be her comfort.

 

I will always be.

 

"Thank you so much Seul. Thank you for always being there whenever I need someone to cry on." Joohyun said and looked at me with love in her eyes.

 

"I love you so much Hyun. I love you from the moon and back." 

 

"I know Seulgi... I know." 

 

I pulled her again for a hug and tapped her back. You are the treasure that I found Hyun, and I'll always take care and love you as long as forever.

 

___________________________________________________________

 

We are now at the hospital and Joohyun is already getting ready for her treatment.

 

She is already laying down on the hospital bed, waiting for the nurse to come. I held her hand because I can sense that she is starting to get scared already.

 

"Don't be scared Hyun. You're bear is here to protect you." 

 

Joohyun smiled and nodded at me. "We will be starting the treatment now Ms. Bae" the nurse said as she entered the room. I made Joohyun look at me while the nurse is preparing to insert the needle in her arm. 

 

"I'll be inserting the needle now." Joohyun closed her eyes as the needle penetrated her arm. I can the feel the pain that she is experiencing now as her face grimaced.

 

"It's done now bunny. Does it hurt?" I worriedly asked. Joohyun smiled but kept her eyes closed. "I'm already used to it Seul, so it doesn't hurt that much."

 

I just sat and watched the medicine slowly dripping. Joohyun's just listening to some music so that she won't get bored. I asked her earlier if she wanted to sleep, but she said that she doesn't want to.

 

30 minutes in and we still have a long way to go. I leaned my elbow on Joohyun's bed and rested my chin on my palm when I heared her stomach growl. Both of us looked at each other with shock on our faces because of the sudden sound.

 

"Seul-- I'm hungry..." Joohyun shyly said and tried her best to hide her red face. I chuckled and gently pinched her cheeks. 

 

"I'll grab some food. Will you be okay being alone here?" Joohyun nodded in response. "I'll be okay Seul. It's better to be alone that suffer from hunger." She said ang laughed.

 

I went out of the room and went to look for the nurse incharged. "Uhm, excuse me? I'll just buy some food. Can you lookout for Joohyun for a while? I'll be quick."

 

The nurse nodded and I thanked her. I hurried towards the elevator and thankfully, they waited for me. Thankfully there's a convinience store across the road.

 

I bought some bread and water for Joohyun. She doesn't like to eat rice that much when she's having her treatment. I payed for the food and immediately went back at the hospital.

 

When I arrived at the room where Hyun is, her face lighted up when she saw me enter the room bringing her favorite. I put down the bag of bread on the table.near her bed and assisted her to sit.

 

"Thank you so much bubby!" She said and danced a little bit like a kid. I unwrapped one of the breads that I bought and gave it to her. She immediately gobbled up the bread she's holding.

 

I just watched her happily while she is eating her bread. She even choked because she just went straight up to munch the remaining bread.

 

"Slow down Hyun. I won't eat up all your bread." I said and handed her a bottle of water. Joohyun just laughed and drank everything inside the bottle.

 

Joohyun layed down back when she's done eating. We just talked about random things and waited for her treatment to be done.

 

Hours passed and it is already done."I'll be taking out the needle now." Joohyun nodded and the nurse extracted the needle out from her arm. I asked her when will be the next session and she said that it will be 2 weeks from now.

 

We thanked the nurse and went home immediately. Joohyun always feels tired everytime her chemotheraphy session is done. It's like the medicine is consuming up all of her remaining energy. 

 

Joohyun just slept the whole afternoon. I don't want to disturb her that's why I went out to my veranda and feel the cold breeze of the air.

 

I just blankly stared at the view. How would be our life right now if Joohyun is not sick? Unconsciously, tears escaped from my eyes. 

 

"Seul??" A soft voice called for me. I wiped my tears away before facing her.

 

"Yes Joo? Do you need anything?" I said and tried my best to hide my teary eyes from her. "Why did you go out? It's cold..." I said and gave her my sweater.

 

"I heve been watching you since earlier Seul." Did Joohyun saw me cry?

 

She walked slowly towards me and gave me a very warm hug. She buried her face on my chest. I just remained still and tried my best not to cry in front of her.

 

I need to be strong for Joohyun.

 

"I'm sorry Seul... I'm making everything hard for you. I'm so sorry." Joohyun cried. Hearing those words coming from her made me flabbergasted.

 

I was left speechless. 

 

"I'm sorry that I'm such a burden for you Seul... If you need space-- If you are already tired Seul, you can always break up with me. I can understand Seul..." She said and looked up at me. Tears rolling down from her eyes. Lips trembling from crying.

 

My heart can't take all of these.

 

Joohyun was about to speak again when I interrupted her with a kiss. A kiss telling her that I would never leave her even if it is already hard. 

 

Even if I already feel like giving up, I'll never leave her. 

 

Soft kisses slowly became intense. The way how our lips locked each other, our touches giving us warmth despite of the cold air brushing against our skin.

 

Through ups and downs, I'll always be by your side Hyun. 

 

I broke our kiss and smiled at her. "I'll always stick by your side Hyun. Always." I said as I wiped her tears away and carried her back inside our room.

 

___________________________________________________________

 

Morning came. I squirmed around our bed and to my great shock, Joohyun's not here. As far as I can remember, Joohyun was beside me when we fell asleep. 

 

I immediately got off our bed and wore my discarded clothes that was laying on the floor.

 

"Hyun? Where are you?" I called but no one responded.

 

"Bunbun?" I called out again and still no response. I went out to our room, checked the kitchen, dining area, veranda, even our laundry area, Joohyun was not there. 

 

Her shoes are still here so it is impossible that she left the house. Out of panic, I called Yerim to ask if her sister contacted her.

 

"Yerm? Did your sister contact you?" 

 

"No she didn't. Is there a problem?"

 

"Uhm... nothing. Okay Yerm thanks!"

 

Negative. She's not with Yerim. I am still circling around the house looking for her every nook and cranny. My heart is now bursting with nervousness. Tears also started to form in my eyes.

 

"Hyun???" I called for the nth time and still no response from her. 

 

I dialled Seungwan's number and thankfully, she immediately answered the phone. "Seungwan-a?"

 

"Are you okay Seul? By the way this is Joy."

 

"Joy, Joohyun's missing. I can't find her anywhere." I blurted out and plopped down onto the floor out of frustration.

 

"Wait, did you already check the whole house?" Joy asked.

 

"Yes. Kitchen, dining area, veranda, laundry room. Even the room where I store my cameras, Joohyun is not there."

 

"What about the bathroom Sluggie? Did you check?" I heared Wendy's voice from the other line.

 

Right! The bathroom.

 

I got up hurriedly and ran towards the bathroom. It was locked. I looked for the keys in my drawer and went back immediately.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter