You Mean the World to Me

You Mean the World to Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's Sunday morning. I am just standing by my window with a cup of hot choco to drink. The sky was so clear, the sun was shining so brightly. 

 

Admiring the view like this is my habit.

 

I am Kang Seulgi, a photographer. I just got fired from my recent company because it can't afford to continue it's business already. I was just nonchalantly staring out my window while sipping my piping hot choco when my phone vibrated.

 

It was just my best buddy, Son Seungwan, but I call her Wendy.

 

SW: Hey you ready for today? I'm just gonna buy some food for us to eat before we go. You better be ready when I arrive there or I'm gonna kick your again.

 

Right, I almost forgot. I was left jobless for how many months and now is the time for me to work again. I gulped down my hot choco and went to put my cup on my kitchen sink. Damn that was hot. It almost burned my tongue.

 

I immediately went into my room for me to change. I just wore a simple white shirt paired with a black pants. After I got changed, I went to my other room where I store my cameras, tripods, lightings, and other stuff.

 

Gotcha! I picked my most favorite camera. I put it inside my bag and went straight down to my apartment where Wendy was waiting for me.

 

"You're late by 10 minutes" Wendy said while chewing her gum.

 

"It's just 10 minutes. Why make it a big deal?"

 

I passed by Wendy and went directly inside her car. "You will be driving right?" I cheekily asked her.

 

"Yeah, yeah sure why not Master Seulgi." Wendy said as she sat at the driver's seat.

 

"You better get this job and treat me after." she said and started the car.

 

It was an hour-long drive. The beach was full of people because it was a weekend. As soon as we got a parking spot, I immediately hopped off the vehicle and ran towards the shore. It was marvelous.

 

"YOU COMEBACK HERE AND GET YOUR BAG! DON'T TELL ME I'LL BE THE ONE WHO'S BRINGING THIS HEAVY EQUIPTMENT OF YOURS"

 

Even though I am far away from my buddy, I can still her voice. I bet she swallowed a microphone when she was a kid. 

 

Instead of running back towards where Wendy is, I continued to admire the beauty of the beach. The sand was white, the waters were blue and clear. This place is perfect for my application form.

 

I didn't notice Wendy was already behind me if she didn't talk."You better give me a salary for this Seulgi. I'm not your slave." she said as she harshly placed my bag full of equipments on the bare sand.

 

"WTF BE GENTLE" 

 

"WtF Be GEntLe." Wendy scoffed as she mocked me. I just rolled my eyes and knelt to set my camera up. 

 

"I'll just wait you at the car. Goodluck bud!" 

 

Wendy ran back to where her car was parked. I was left here alone, standing in the middle of people wearing bikinis and swimming attire while me looking like a lost child.

 

I started taking photos of the calming waves and random people. I apporoached some of them, asking if I could take photos of them, but almost everybody rejected me.

 

2 hours in but I still don't have someone to be my subject. I called Wendy for the nth time but she wouldn't answer me. It's either she fell asleep inside the car or saw someone to hook up with again.

 

I continued walking and walking until I arrived at the secluded part of the beach. I sat by the shore and closed my eyes to feel the breeze that was hitting my face. The moment I opened my eyes, I saw a woman, also sitting by the shore not that far away from me. 

 

She looks so calm and beautiful.

 

I immediately stood up and dust off the sand on my pants. I slowly approached her so that she won't get scarred of me.

 

"Uhm... Hi?"

 

My heartbeat doubled its pace as soon the lady looked up to me. Her big doe eyes looked straight into mine, shifted to the camera that I was holding, and back to mine.

 

"What?"

 

"I-- Uhm,,, Can I ask you for a favor? I am a photographer and I  need to take some shots for my application form. I find you perfect for it. If it's fine with you, can I take some photos of you?" 

 

Dammit Seulgi why are you nervous? For Pete's sake you already took thousands of photos of other people and you're being shy infront of this girl?

 

"Can I?"

 

She looked at me for a minute. Blinking her dark orbs fast, absorbing what I just asked to her. "Me? As your subject?" she said and pointed herself.

 

"Yeah. If it's fine with you." I said as I rubbed my nape. Damn she is really making me blush.

 

"Sure why not? What should I do?"

 

My eyes widened when she accepted my offer. Actually, I didn't expect for her to agree. I thought she's just gonna ignore me and walk away, but I was wrong.

 

"Uhm, thanks for accepting my offer." I said and helped her got onto her feet. "There's nothing much that you need to do. Just pose for the camera and I'll take photos of you." 

 

She nodded and smiled at me. Oh God I should thank the company for firing me because it wasn't for them, I wouldn't meet this girl right here.

 

"Make sure to make me look pretty huh." she said as she hopped away from me to strike some pose. I laughed and positioned my camera towards her. "Yeah sure no problem."

 

I took hurdreds of photos of her. Every angle of hers looks so beautiful. I cant stop admiring her through my view finder. She looks too good to be true. She's like an angel in a shape of a human being.

 

For the finale of the photoshoot, I got from my bag a colored smoke. I positioned it behind her and took a lot of photos.

 

A lifeguard even went towards our direction and told us that it is not allowed to used colored smoke but the two of us just laughed it away and apologized to the lifeguard.

 

"Hey, can I see your 'masterpieces'?" She said as she walked closer to me. We sat down and viewed her photos. She kept on clapping and constantly getting amazed at every photo I took.

 

"Woah this looks so good!" 

 

She sat closer to me to get a better look of the photo. That photo was the finale one. The one when I used the colored smoke.

 

"I can send it to you if you want."

 

"REALLY?" she asked in disbelief. I nodded and smiled at her. "Of course you can."

 

She immediately rummaged into her bag. I just looked at her while she was frantically looking for a pen and a paper. 

 

"Finally I found it!" she said as she raised her pen and paper. I flashed a smal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter