You Mean the World to Me

You Mean the World to Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 week had already passed since I got accepted at the company I was applying for. I haven't updated Joohyun about it yet.

 

I grabbed my phone that was hidden under my pillow to text her. I'm gonna ask her out today. I hope she's free.

 

SG: Hey... Are you free today Joohyun-ssi?

 

While waiting for her reply, I can't deny to myself that I was a little bit nervous to see her face to face again today. I just hope that I won't act like a fool if ever she's free today.

 

JH: Hey Seulgi-ssi! Of course I'm free today. Actually I'm kinda bored here inside my room.

 

SG: Perfect! I was hoping if it's okay to ask you out today for brunch. 

 

JH: THAT WOULD BE NICE! 

 

Reading her response made me flap around my bed like a fish out of the water. I can't believe she's fine having a meal with me even though this is the only second time we met in person. I hurriedly move my fingers against my phone due to my excitement.

 

SG: I'll meet you at Café La Rouge. Is that fine with you?

 

JH: Yes! Thats my fave go-to place.

 

SG: Then I'll see you there Joohyun-ssi. Take care!

 

JH: You too Seulgi-ssi. Take care!

 

After that last message of hers, I scurried over towards my cabinet to look for a decent clothes of mine to wear. When I finally finished dressing up, Wendy suddenly appeared by my door.

 

"Hey KkangSeul! I-- WOAH WHERE ARE YOU GOING?"

 

"I'm gonna meet Joohyun right now."

 

"Is my best buddy going on a date today?"

 

There she goes again with her annoying smile. I stood up and closed the door ingnoring the fact that her face might get hit. "That hurts stupid! I gotta go, Joy's already waiting for me downstairs. Goodluck with yours!"

 

Did I already say to you that Wendy and that girl she was kissing at the beach are now in a relationship?

 

As soon as Wendy's gone, I prepared myself for less than 5 minutes and went downstairs. Café La Rouge is just 10 minutes away from my apartment so I just walked. I also took some photos because the weather is so good today.

 

When I arrived at Café La Rouge, Joohyun was not still there. I sat outside and waited for her. It's not that hot here since it's a little bit cloudy, but not to the point where it will rain.

 

I hope she's fine sitting here. 

 

30 minutes had passed and she's still not here. I just continued playing games with my phone until I heared a soft voice calling for me.

 

"Seulgi-ssi?"

 

The moment I heared her voice, I immediately stood up and smiled towards her. She looks so lovely with her outfit today. She was wearing a blue shirt paired with a simple black pants. Even adding a pair of specs and her hair tied up into a ponytail with her bangs down. She's so damn pretty.

 

"Sorry I'm late Seulgi-ssi. I hope you didn't wait for too long."

 

I just shooked my head and assisted her to where I was sitting earlier. "No, it's fine. You don't have to be sorry."

 

"Did you wait for too long?" she asked me again with a worried expression drew on her face.

 

"A little bit?"

 

"Oh my God I am really sorry. My sister keeps on bugging me that's why I was late." She laughed while scratching the back of her neck. I swear she looks so cute being shy.

 

"It's fine. Uhm... Should we order now?"

 

"Yes sure." She smiled. Oh God you should contain your fondness towards her Kang Seulgi. 

 

I let Joohyun choose what we should eat. I just stared at her and adored her beauty. After she finished ordering, she faced me and started a conversation between us. She's really making an effort to break the ice between us, and there's me. Only staring and smiling at her like a fool.

 

"So... Why did you ask me out for brunch?"

 

"Uhm.. It's because... I.. Uhh... Why did I ask you?" Damn Seulgi. Why are you stuttering in front of her? Are you really that madly whipped for her?

 

"Why would you ask me that?" She chuckled and lightly smack my arm.

 

"Actually I have something to tell you."

 

"Tell me what?"

 

"I got accepted at the company I was applying for."

 

"Really?" 

 

Her eyes grew wider when I told her that I got accepted. I am trying now my best to hide my reddish face from her. "Then I should be the one treating you right now!"

 

I panickly shook my head."No no. I am the one who asked you out so I should be treating you."

 

She was about to resist again but our food already arrived. She had no choice but just to enjoy the food infront of us. The whole time we ate, I kept on glancing at her. I was trying myself not to make her awkward because of me, but she seemed not to mind at all.

 

I can't help myself but to take a photo of her while sipping that hot choco of hers. She got shocked by the sudden flash my phone created. "Sorry... I can't help it. You're too adorable sipping that hot choco."

 

"It's okay. It's like you are now my personal photographer." she said and just laughed heartedly. I also laughed because of how she reacted. I thought she would walk out from me.

 

"Time for dessert?" she asked me while offering the red velvet cupcake she was holding right now.

 

"You can have it Joohyun-ssi. That's your favorite right?"

 

"If you say so. I don't offer twice." She said and took a bite out of her cupcake. "Are you really sure you don't want it? It's very yummy."

 

A smiled was formed on my lips seeing her enjoy that piece of cupcake. She even didn't notice that a crumb was stuck on her lips.

 

"Joohyun-ssi..." I pointed at her lip where the cupcake crumb was. "There's a crumb on your lip."

 

She stopped munching on her cupcake and wiped off . She kept on wiping it with a tissue but she just can't get where the crumb was.

 

"Is it still there?"

 

"Wait let me get it off for you."

 

I stood up from my seat and leaned closer to her. Our noses are almost touching. Joohyun can't keep her eyes steady. She seems panicking because of how close we are. My eyes are just focused on her lips. I can't help but to swallow the lump of liquid pooling inside my mouth.

 

Good Lord, I'm sorry in advance for my actions.

 

I slowly closed my eyes and leaned closer to Joohyun until out lips locked with each other. We stayed in that position until I got back into my senses. "Oh God. I'm so sorry Joohyun-ssi"

 

Joohyun froze at her seat while her cheeks started to get red. "Wha-- what just happened?"

 

"I-- I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to..." Dammit Kang Seulgi! Joohyun just stared at me while here I am, flustered to what should I say to her.

 

"I didn't mean to kiss you Joohyun-ss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter