Chapter 1

Mission

It started as a normal day, as normal as any day in the NDI Bureau headquarters by NDI standards. Overnight, Agent Dino and Agent Agent Almighty received lots of reports from the different field agents which are assigned in various places in Korea. There is always someone who is in the command center 24/7.

It's 3 o'clock in the morning when Agent Wire received a coded message from Agent Ghost. Before 7am, all the original elites are gathered in the brainstorming room of the Bureau.

Before Agent Eagle, enters the room, he stopped by at a window to look outside. He's the current chief of the Bureau. He don't know what he exactly feels about Agent Ghost's comeback.

It was 6 years ago when Agent Ghost face through a problem to one of the most significant mission and after 3 years. they found him in a resort, with a wid and a child and it seems that he can't remember his past. They couldn't leave him alone but neither could they approach him. According to Agent Ghost's history, he's not the type of person which you can easily dictate. He's the only agent who has his own rules. They are worried that the unexpected communication may trigger some of his memories that might not be helpful to them. Like when he used to consider NDI as his mortal enemy. Or when he's still a criminal and had put his family in danger.

But his memories came back. And the next thing they knew, he was lost again together with his wife and son.

This time, maybe because he had remembered his own skills as well as where he kept his money. And it was not easy for them to look for him. As the NDI saying goes, he wasn't called Agent Ghost for nothing.

He's the major pain in the of the original elites. The tragic incident of Joongki in the hands of a corrupt general changed him. He's wide knowledge about the illegal system of the black market, piracy and terrorism was greatly used by NDI in a lot of its missions. But even though, he's on the same boat as them, he lived by his code name. They never really seen him at the headquarters. The most that he would put up with was Jaejoong aka Agent Falcon, on debriefings and psychiatric treatments, Hyunjoong aka Flower Boy who wasn't yet married before oftentimes accompany him in the field and Taecyeon aka Agent Pororo because he was the one who performed the chip embedding which was used for the mission. Aside from it, in between assignments, he had become invisible and as silent as a tomb.

It was the first time, he called to ask for help.

Agent Eagle felt a hand on his shoulders. When he looked at his side, he saw the angelic face of his wife Seulgi.

"Are you not going to enter?" she asked worriedly.

"Hmm. just thinking a little." he replied.

"Hope you don't forget, he's Joongki's guy."

He smiled. "That's not just it, he's a BB (Big Brother) guy. The prodigal son has come back. We're going to help him so don't worry."

"I thought it was you."

"Hah. That was the reason why I have to be lost." He anxiously looked at her. He knows that he was already forgiven by his wife a long time ago in his "death". He need to do that in order to protect the identity of the agents of NDI to the public and to the depraved souls of the criminals who wants to take revenge on them, if they ever find out. They had to stage his death, sacrificing his wife who did not know anything yet at the time about his life as a secret agent.

They did not plan for her to be there, to witness his "death" in a blown up car. What Seulgi had to go through before must not happened again especially when she had been through enough. Then she found out that she was carrying their child. He came back to her life a little early as his "brother" Seunghyun, who was lost for such a long time.

Kangta was only created for use by NDI. The real Kangta aka Agent Eagle was raised and born as Ahn Chil Yun, illigitimate child by a rich landlord but grew up on the streets. He came back as "Seunghyun"and suffered animosity from his wife because Seulgi thought she was never there when his "brother" needed him. When she discovered that Kangta and her so called brother are the same person, she was totally scared. She thought she would lose him forever. Luckily, Seulgi changed her mind and gladly accepted him back in her life.

"Just like the past of Yoochun, your sin was long forgotten." Seulgi assured him.

Kangta smiled and kissed her forehead. "How would I live without you?"

They hug each other tightly before they enter the brainstorming room.

Jaejoong felt the sudden change of atmosphere inside the brainstorming room even though his attention was focused on a report he's reading. He suddenly looked up and there he saw the chief and his wife, Agent Bee. Agent Bee sat on the vacant chair and they smiled at each other before Jaejoong turn back again to what he's doing.

He was especially interested about this case because it's about Yoochun. You could say that Yoochun is his pet project. Studying the man and his life was a psychiatrist's paradise.

Chief Eagle started the meeting.

He looked at every member of the original elites who are inside the room. Some of them are not active in the field anymore just for the simple reason, family.

Agent Dino and Agent Almighty are both infield agents who found their other half while they are on a mission. Agent Bruno, Agent Mars, and his bestfriend, Agent Flower Boy. And there was the chief himself, Agent Eagle, who's married to Agent Bee. Almost all of them has a child of their own and all of them are his and Kim Heechul aka Agent Cinderella 's godchild.

He and Heechul are both single. In the original elites, they are the only ones who are gay. But since then, they had grown in number.

NDI recruited other gay agents that were quick and agile as the straight ones in the field. But to the new agents, he's close with Taemin, Shindong and Youngbae. Taemin wasn't that active anymore. A very intelligent businessman, Taemin had opened more than enough avenues in the business world for NDI's missions to push through. Shindong aka Agent Shiyonce on the other hand is a chubby man who laughs out loud and has a cheerful personality. He was recruited by Taemin from Baliwag Home for Troubled Souls when he's still working there as an attendant. Baliwag is a mental facility where Joongki, a friend of Taemin had been put through when he had his nervous breakdown after witnessing his father's death. That's where he and Siwon met.

Then there was Youngbae, a witty reporter who was the first one to discover NDI but instead of exposing it to the public it became one of his biggest asset. The succeeding agents consider the original elites as brothers ans sisters. If he need some gay bonding, he, Heechul, Shindong and Youngbae would go to the house of Taemin.

The only missing member of the original elite is Agent Pororo, a doctor and a surgepn of NDI. He attended a wedding of one of his grandchildren. At the age of 50, he's still active on the said organization. He quit smoking either though he didn't know how did Shindong and Taemin convince him for him to quit his vices.

He was quite shock when he caught Jung Yunho, aka Agent Bambi looking at him from the other side of the table. He's one of the quiet member among the agents. He's also the most quiet guy he had ever known. But he's friendly enough wheneves they are talking. As an agent, he can't say anything against Yunho. Just like the other members, they are all professional. But he's very private when it comes to his personal life. If there is no assignment, he will never be seen in the headquarters. Out of all the original elites, Jaejoong could say that, he and Yunho are not that close.

"Why are they not?" Jaejoong asked himself. He should know more about the man. As an in-house psychiatrist, he should be updated about everything that happen to an agent, both in professional and personal. Unfortunately, he almost don't have any idea about Agent Bambi's life aside to the ones which are known by everyone - single and the only person living in his bachelor's pad, former military who owns a weaponry shop and moonlighting as one of NDI's agents.

Jung Yunho, was also good looking. But he's already used to see handsome agents. Although, it's not his handsomeness that caught his attention, but his eyes. He had magnetic eyes, adding to the mystery in him. He's intrigued just by the fact that he doesn't know the guy very well. It was his job to get to know everyone.

He diverted his gaze to somewhere else when he felt the heat upon his cheeks. Damn his blushes! Yunho might think of it in another way. Seriously, why must he look at him that way?

But he can't restrain himself from thinking about it. It's just so impossible that there is nothing happening in his life outside NDI. Like girlfriends? Wait, is he even straight? He should also be aware of heartbreaks or financial problems. Coz there might be an implication of it in his assignments.

Maybe, he's also gay?

"As your briefs implied, Agent Ghost contacted NDI again." started "Seunghyun". "He did not mention anything about the chip. He must have known already that we didn't need it as immediately as we did then. This thme he asked for help."

Everyone straightened up themselves in their seats.

"He asked NDI's help to recover his 'wife' and son." The chief looked at him. "Falcon, you have Junsu's personal background?"

Jaejoong nodded. The folder which contains all the information regarding Kim Junsu is just in front of him. Junsu was the one who saved Siwon for the last he was lost in the sea. He was found in the resort owned by Junsu's father. Jaejoong didn't bother to open the folder since he already know what's in there.

"Kim Junsu, is the son of a former swimcoach. Turned businessman who owned 3 beach resorts here in Korea. His father is Kim Dongwook, grew up in Hawaii, but born here in Korea. He met Junsu's mother in a beauty pageant contest where she won as Miss Korea. They lived in the North shore when Junsu was born, managing a surfer's gear rental shop. But Mr. Kim Dongwook went back and forth in Korea because he inherited the resorts of his aunt."

"Dongwook went to Hawaii to train Junsu in the Olympics as a Korean swimmer when he turned 19." Jaejoong smiled. He liked Junsu, based on the report. Yoochun couldn't have found a better "wife". BUt the smile on his face was now gone just by thinking od the words he need to say next. "Junsu was a constant state champion and was training for the one hundred meter freestyle event for the 2002 Summer Olympics in Sydney when he got into a car accident with his parents after dining out in a restaurant. His mother died in that accident and Junsu was temporarily injured. But by the time he was fully recovered, he doesn't want to join any swimming competitions anymore."

"Junsu and his dad transferred here in Korea for good after 2 years. His dad helped him manage the resort and a few fishponds around the time that Yoochun disappeared. When NDI found Yoochun, they lived as a married couple and had a 2 year old son. And in observing Yoochun, who was known then as Micky, he seemed to be suffering from amnesia. There was no record of them marrying but their child was registered under the same name of Kim Dongwook the second aka Joonyoung. And as we all know, when Yoochun gained his memories back he got his wife and son and transferred into another place."

"You have in your briefs the last picture taken of Junsu and little Dongwook aka Joonyoung 3 years ago. Junsu would be twenty six by now and Joonyoung would be 5 years old." Jaejoong look onto Kangta, while ignoring the fast speed of his heart on what he's going to request from the chief. "You know I've been doing research involving Yoochun's psychological history and recovering him with his family is very important to me. I want to request to be one of the core group of the agents which will handle the case."

Kangta looked at Jaejoong for a second. "But you're not a field agent."

"I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that I have been on the field on several occassions directly and indirectly concerning Yoochun. And one more thing...." He suddenly had second thoughts. "I have this feeling that he trusts me. In my sessions with him. he told me something about his past which... No, guys. I'm not going to divulge that here. Anyways, if I can go, I can easily assimulate his mental state and I would know if we should take him in or not."

"We should take him in," Agent Flower Boy in. "For his safety and ours."

Jaejoong looked at his bestfriend. "We're talking about Agent Ghost here. If he doesn't want to be discovered, you know that we can't find him. The only reason why we were able to find him then was because he had amnesia. But when his memories came back, he and his family left with no traces."

"Fortunately, he asked a specific agent to do the recovery. And that's you, Falcon. I think you're right. That Yoochun trusts you" Kangta said.

Jaejoong smiled. He wished Agent Pororo was there. He would love to discuss it with him as soon as this meeting was over. "All right."

"At first, he likes you to be the one who will go to him, but I convinced him that you are going to be with one of the original elites because you have never been out on a field assignments alone. I've assigned Agent Bambi to go with you on this assignment."

He shockingly looked at the silent agent in front of him. Now he understood that weird stares he was giving him a while ago. Yunho knew the assignmen

Yunho looked at him, then moved over to Kangta.

"All right," he uttered.

"There's no much preparation for this mission. You just need to pretend as a tourist couple. Yoochun had not called again to confirm the place where he;d like to meet both of you, but I'm expecting it would be soon. Get your gear from TOP. But don't leave the premisefor the day. Both of you need to undergo briefings, and we're waiting for Agent Pororo."

"Pororo?"

"He's on his way."

He nodded, relieved. "Okay."

Then the meeting went on.