THIRTEEN

Diamond Girl

THIRTEEN

AT YONGSEO APARTMENT

Joohyun was sleeping when Yonghwa came home. After showered, Yonghwa entered their room, he watched her wife sleeping, she looks like an angel. Then Joohyun’s phone rang, he read the caller name, it was Kyuhyun Oppa. He doesn’t want Joohyun to wake up, so he picked up that phone.

“Joohyunie, I’m in Korea, I miss you so much”, a man voice said.

“Who are you?”, Yonghwa answered,

“Oh?? Sorry,, I think you’re Joohyun, you must be her husband, right? Sorry for disturbing you, I’m Cho Kyuhyun, Joohyunie childhood best friend, nice to meet you”, Kyuhyun continued.

“Nice to meet you too Kyuhyun-ssi, I’m Yonghwa. Joohyun is sleeping now”, Yonghwa replied to Kyuhyun.

“Ok. I’ll call later, good night”, Kyuhyun said, they called ended after that. Yonghwa thought “he knows I am her husband, but still want to call her. Joohyun-ah, how much your fanboy… ”

NEXT DAY

Joohyun already prepared breakfast for both of them, Yonghwa and Joohyun eat their meal silently.

“Joohyun-ah, Your Kyuhyun Oppa called you last night, Sorry I picked up your phone, you already sleep soundlessly”, Yonghwa told her about the last night call. He can saw Joohyun’s surprised face.

“Who?? Kyuhyun Oppa?”, Joohyun took her phone, she checked the last call.

“Emm, that’s his name. He will call you later”, Yonghwa said, her wife looks so happy, who Kyuhyun is.

“Ok, thank you, I’m done”, Joohyun already ate all her meal, then her phone ring, Yonghwa’s eyes followed her movement.

“Oppa... I miss you”, Joohyun answered her phone, she sounds so happy. She walked away from Yonghwa, she talked with her “Oppa”. Yonghwa watched Joohyun talked so friendly with him, He thought that must be Kyuhyun Oppa. Yonghwa doesn’t want to disturb their moment, but he felt something wrong.

“Joohyun-ah, Let’s go, I will drop you to campus”, Yonghwa said. Joohyun forgets Yonghwa was there, she looks at him, then she ended her conversation with that Oppa.

“You go first, Yonghwa Oppa, I have an appointment today”, Joohyun replied to Yonghwa.

“With Kyuhyun Oppa?” Yonghwa asked.

“Not your business”, Joohyun answered.

“You’re my wife, so it also my business Seo Joohyun-ssi”, Yonghwa said.

“Just go first, we have a deal, we can do anything that we want to do, you can freely dating your girlfriend, so do I”, Joohyun answered his statement.

“Ok, do your own business”, Yonghwa tried to calm himself to not angry with Joohyun, he remembered Dr. Kang's advice to not let her stressed then he went to his office.

AT OFFICE

Yonghwa couldn’t concentrate on his work, he is still curious about Kyuhyun. Yonghwa sent a message to his sister in law, Miyoung. He asked Miyoung for lunch and he wanted to ask her about Kyuhyun. Fortunately, Miyoung doesn’t have an appointment so she can meet with him.

Yonghwa’s phone rang, it was Shinhye.

“Yonghwa-ya, I want to ask you’’, Shinhye voice on the line.

“What is that? Are you okay, Shinhye-ya?” Yonghwa answered her.

“Choose me or Joohyun, answer me Jung Yonghwa…”, Shinhye asked him.

“For now, she needs me more Shinhye-ya, you know she”, Yonghwa said while she was crying.

“I KNOW SHE IS PREGNANT, DON’T SAY IT AGAIN” Shinhye shouted on phone.

“I’m sorry Shinhye-ya, we’ll continue next time, I have an important meeting now, sorry” Yonghwa replied to her then he ended the call.

AT SHINHYE APARTMENT

Shinhye felt frustrated, she was crying, then she took the document she got from his private detective. She already paid him to investigated Joohyun. Shinhye read his resume then she smirks, she got Joohyun's phone number. Shinhye called her friend who also Yonghwa’s best friend, Kang Minhyuk She asked Minhyuk to accompany her to that café. The only Yonghwa’s best friend who closes to Shinhye is Minhyuk because Shinhye’s mom is her mother's best friend.

Shinhye and Minhyuk arrived at Joohyun’s Café, Shinhye didn’t say anything about the café or Joohyun works there. She just asked him to lunch at a new café. Shinhye searched where Joohyun is, she only saw two other girls in this café and a boy who is standing behind the cashier’s machine. They ordered coffee and other side dishes.

“Noona, what are you looking for”, Minhyuk asked Shinhye confusedly.

“Oh?? I didn’t. let’s try this bread, Minhyukie, everybody says they serve best garlic bread here”, Shinhye tries to shift the conversation. They're talking about what they've been doing lately. Suddenly, Shinhye saw a figure she's looking for entering the café with a handsome man behind her.

“Minhyukie, look at that, She is Yonghwa’s wife right?”, Shinhye said.

“Oh, Really?? I’ve never met her, Noona. Which one?”, Minhyuk looks in the direction Shinhye pointed.

“The one who wears a knee-length blouse, she came with a man next to him. They look like a good match, guess who that guy is?”, Shinhye smirked and ate her red velvet cake.

“Ah, come on Shinhye Noona. It's none of our business, maybe it's her close friend. Noona, your relationship with Yonghwa Hyung is over. Don't interfere, do you know Noona? Hyungsoonim is pregnant right now, I know from Mirae Noona. So, back off Noona, forget him”, Minhyuk said while watched his Shinhye Noona stares at him in disbelief.

“Do you think that baby is Yonghwa’s? I don’t think so, Minhyukie. I’ll let you know something, a secret. Yonghwa never loves her, he loves me. They just married for one year, that lady is a gold digger. Their parents were matchmaking them. Yonghwa told me, he just did it once with her when he was drunk, You got it?”, Shinhye continued.

“Stop it, Noona. I don’t get it what do you want. Shinhye Noona, you’re really beautiful, I know you since I was born. Let him go, Noona.”, Minhyuk pleaded to Shinhye, he holds his Noona’s hand. Shinhye hissed his hand from her.

“Listen to me, Minhyukie.. I love him, I love Yonghwa. I can’t let him go” Shinhye cried.

Minhyuk try to calm his friend, he looked at Joohyun who bowed to that man, then the man walked out of the café, Joohyun uses the apron and she is in cashier now.

“Noona, is Yonghwa Hyung know that his wife works here?”, Minhyuk asked.

“Indeed, he knows. But, I guess she doesn’t know that her husband knows she works here. Yonghwa always drops her on her campus, Mr. Kwang told me” She answered.

“wow, you investigated her. Lets’ go, Noona. Don’t stare at her like that, let them be happy. Please… “, Minhyuk pleaded.

“No,, he is mine. I will prove that to you Minhyukie, she is a bad girl, and that baby is not Yonghwa’s baby. Trust me, Minhyukie”, Shinhye stood up and walked towards the cash register, leaving Minhyuk.

“Hi, Seo Joohyun-si, what are you doing here?”, Shinhye asked to Joohyun.

“Oh.. You… “, Joohyun shocked when she saw Shinhye in front of her.

“I heard about your pregnancy. After your baby is born, you have to go and hand it over to Yonghwa and me. He told me that, right Joohyun-sii? “ Shinhye whispered to Joohyun. Yoona, Suzy also Donghae look at that scene. They watched Joohyun motionless and her face is blue.

“Seohyun-ah,, are you okay?”, Suzy walked to Joohyun direction, Joohyun just nodded.

“Bye Joohyunie… Minhyuk-ah, let’s go”, Shinhye said then she left.

“Who is she?” Yoona approached her friend.

“She is Yonghwa’s girlfriend”, Joohyun said.

“What??” Yoona and Suzy shouted in a union.

“What did she say? Did she threaten you? Tell me, Seohyun-ah”, Yoona looks worried then Joohyun’s tears suddenly fell.

“It’s ok, it’s okay, Seohyun-ah, calm down”, Yoona hugged Joohyun. Yoona asks Donghae for permission to take Joohyun to the kitchen and calm Joohyun first. Luckily the café is not too crowded, so Suzy and Donghae can serve all customers well even without Joohyun and Yoona.

AT RESTAURANT

Yonghwa came late, he was in traffic, Miyoung already waits for him. He approached Miyoung, then ordered food for both of them. They talked friendly, Miyoung tells him about Dahyun’s pregnancy and his father's business in Busan doing well. She said that Joohyun already told them about her pregnancy, they all happy for them.

“Noona, do you know Kyuhyun?”,Yonghwa asked.

“Kyuhyun? Of course, he is our neighbor, he is in Tokyo now, why?”, Miyoung said.

“He called Joohyun last night, I was the one who picks up the phone. And he called back this morning, Joohyun seems very happy to talk to him. Is he her boyfriend?”, Yonghwa continued.

“HAHAHA… No, impossible. Yonghwa-ya, she is single since she was born. Kyuhyun is brother to Joohyun. And he is my best friend as well. So, don’t be jealous of him. He is Seo’s family son” Miyoung describe who is Kyuhyun.

“Tchh,, Just curious Noona”, Yonghwa said.

“It’s okay, Yonghwa-ya. Honestly, I’m happy if you’re jealous, it means you love my princess, right? “, Miyoung smile widely when she replied to Yonghwa, Yonghwa smile at her.

“LOVE? I don’t know Noona… if only you know, I loved Shinhye, I could say that. Joohyun? I don’t know how to describe my feeling to her”, Yonghwa thought. They talked happily and mostly Miyoung told him about Joohyun’s story, what she likes, and loves to do.

MINHYUK’S CAR

“Noona, what did you say to her?”, Minhyuk started the conversation while he was driving.

“Nothing, Minhyukie, I just introduced myself as Yonghwa’s girlfriend. She should know her position.” Shinhye proudly said that to Minhyuk, He braked suddenly and pulled his vehicle over the side of the road, Shinhye is very shocked.

“What?? Are you crazy, Shinhye Noona? That’s why I saw her pale face, Oh GOD, Noona, I said you must let him go, right? I’m serious, she is pregnant, and she is his wife, they’re married. You know Noona, your statement can ruin someone else family”, Minhyuk shouted at Shinhye, he feels very upset with her.

“I told you, I’m his girlfriend. She ruined my relationship with Yonghwa, Minhyukie. I just wanna protect what is mine, I think you’re my best friend”, Shinhye said then she got out of the car, slammed the door, and left Minhyuk. Minhyuk is just silent, he feels guilty about Joohyun and Yonghwa. However, on the one hand, he could not see Shinhye like this. Minhyuk texted Yonghwa to told him that Shinhye and he met Joohyun at The Café, he told him that Shinhye introduced herself to Joohyun.