SP-7

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) SP

Jungkook decided to take a nap because whatever happened back then made him tired and exhausted. He lays down and stares at the ceiling, the ceiling he used to stare when he spent his times alone here. How different his life is right now.

 

He is already feeling sleepy and ready to close his eyes when he can hear a noise from outside of his room. Of course it’s Yeri but what is she doing now? He walked slowly to open the door and he met with the source of the noise right away.

 

She stopped what she’s doing right away when he stood in front of her.

 

“Are you a kid?”

 

Yeri was already expecting an insult like this so it is not a surprise. She let go of her hands from her suitcase handle and loosened up her hair ties, so her long hair could hide a little part of her face from Jungkook’s stare.

 

“I think you need some time alone.”

 

“Says who?”

 

“Me. I just said it earlier.”

 

She talks fast while watching Jungkook closely, he’s only wearing a thin shirt and a black training pants. His hair is already a mess, it is certain he was sleeping before. She should’ve waited a little bit longer.

 

“Are you trying to leave while stealing my car?”

 

Right, there is only one car here, Jungkook’s. She didn’t think that using her boyfriend’s car without permission is stealing but now that the owner is confronting her. It really feels like she’s doing a crime.

 

“That’s a strong accusation.”

 

“You basically did everything, it is so much more than possible that you have a plan to steal my car.”

 

Well, Yeri threatened him, almost killed him, making him lose his job and his firm. It is a plausible accusation and besides he is not wrong about her going to use his car.

 

“I’ll pick you up tomorrow morning, or tonight. Don’t worry….”

 

Yeri is not finished talking yet, but Jungkook is already putting his legs in front of her suitcase, there is no way she can drag it more when he is blocking her way like this.

 

"You are mad at me."

 

Yeri continues talking, trying to emphasize her reasoning to leave, while smiling and trying so hard to get rid of Jungkook  from blocking her way. She gave up in seconds because he won't move.

 

"Not a reason for you to leave."

 

"I don't want to ruin your vacation."

 

"A vacation? Why would I go on vacation when I have so much work to do and my injury is still not healing properly? Why would your mom come here when she's in the middle of something important? Why would..."

 

Yeri's gaze is changing from being confused and careful into dark and sharp. She doesn't like what she heard.

 

"Are you telling me, you money chaser came here because I need your help?"

 

The way she said money chaser is offending no matter how he sees it. He always knows how great she is at making others feel horrible but since he didn't experience this for a while, he still gets surprised by how rude Yeri is.

 

"You told me that you are the pathetic one, I'm nothing like that."

 

From how shaking her voice is and how her eyes are becoming warry after she said it. Jungkook knows Yeri didn't mean what she just said. She feels guilty right after it and ends up pushing him away lightly while staring at the front door.

 

"You'll feel better when i'm gone."

 

Yeri, finally able to drag her suitcase passed by Jungkook, she takes the car keys from his desk and manages to get out. She can hear footsteps from behind her and in no time Jungkook is already standing in front of her again, she's trying so hard to not look weak or depressed over what is happening right now. Even though she feels horrible right now.

 

"You are not going anywhere."

 

She can't believe what Jungkook just did after talking like that. He grabs the car keys from her hand and throws it away to the cold deep lake in front of him.

 

"What are you doing?" She pushed him with all her might on reflex because that was just ridiculous.

 

The only other option she has is calling Jay or one of her dad's minions to get her but it will be hard, since she needs to explain things to them, what is going on, why would she run away from Jungkook and stuff she doesn't want to talk about with anyone.

She stares at Jungkook with teary eyes because she gets so upset over what he did. It reminds her of those days when he's being a jerk trying to control everything around him without consideration.

 

"You can't go."

 

Her hands are holding his collar while she's pushing him before, but when she knows that nothing good will come out from this, she lets him go and walk to the edge of the lake.

 

Maybe the water isn't that cold, maybe the key is near, maybe she'll be able to go home and take a break from whatever happens in her life right now. From him included.

 

"Are you crazy? Kim Yeri!"

 

Yeri is already taking off her long coat and her sneakers when Jungkook tries to chase her. He screams at her, hoping to be heard for once.

He's becoming scared and totally lost it when Yeri actually dips her legs to the lake, the edge is never that deep compared to the basin but still, after he almost lost her once, this is the worst thing she can do to him.

The water isn't as cold as his expectation when he finally decided to chase Yeri in. But still, it is dangerous no matter what.

He's able to grab Yeri's hands and drag her back to where he stands. The current is quite strong that he needs extra energy to make her move.

 

"It's dangerous!"

 

He takes both of her hands and holds it tight so she won't have any chance to get away from him. She's trying so hard to push him away but lost at strength and the only thing she does now is crying, her hair is already damp and the water is up to her waist while it only reaches his thighs. He feels completely defeated by seeing Yeri like this. He doesn't want her to get hurt but it looks like she already got hurt so much.

 

"Then you should think about it before you throw that key!"

 

She's screaming at her while wiping her tears and looking around.

 

"I didn't think you would jump here to find it!"

 

She ignores what he said and walks even further from him when he let her go.

 

"Where is it?"

 

Yeri's only goal is to find the key and get out of here. She doesn't think about anything else but that. Even when she sees Jungkook is actually walking further, passing by her, sometimes diving and swimming to find what she's looking for, she doesn't do anything, not until he's back to her and handling the car keys with his shaking hands.

 

"Do whatever you want."

 

His whole body is shaking and freezing just like her when he's finally out of the water. The only thing she's doing is watching him with silence and it does feel like she's actually crazy for treating him like this. She treated people bad her whole life but never this bad. Isn't she the one who actually wants to live her life in a normal way?

 

Yeri is back to the house to change her clothes. Her urge to leave is even bigger than before, knowing that she's being here with her corrupted mind will just put everyone around her in serious danger.

 

The house completely looks like a wreck, Jungkook throws his wet clothes on the floor, and now he is nowhere to be found. She picked everything up and put it aside for a laundry, he could do it later.

 

She went to her room and changed her clothes real fast after a quick shower, afraid that she will bump into Jungkook again before she leaves. She comes out after she's done and there are tons of relief in her heart when her plan is working, no one is here to stop her from leaving like before. She walked slowly to not make any noises, and when she finally sat inside the car, she hesitated to leave without words, without saying sorry.

 

She puts down her head to a wheel she's holding, she doesn't even know how to describe what is going on both on her head and heart right now. Like she can't believe she's still behaving like a whole mad mad person.

 

She close her eyes and trying so hard to takes a long deep breath for a few times, it takes her more than 15 minutes to do that and when she feels better, she decided to back into the house, telling Jungkook that she's leaving is a basic manner, she doesn't want him to overly worried.

 

"I'm leaving.."

 

She stands in front of the door, holding the knob and waiting for a response but what she gains is nothing.  

 

"There..i said it."

 

She thinks what she did is enough, even without a proper response, at least she told him, she can tell him again via a phone call later. She already made a decision to leave without seeing him when she is distracted by a sudden sound from the backyard, she’s trying to find the source . No one is there but all the wild grass is moving without any wind. It is weird. She knows something is unusual.

She's not even sure why the only thing she's doing right now is force open Jungkook's room while screaming for his name. Something is wrong, totally wrong.



 

***

"What are you doing?"

 

Jungkook is a little bit annoyed when everytime he gets home, Yeri will be here to welcome him. This is what happens after the accident, she kept showing up in front of him, even at times when he needs some time alone.

Back before her, the amount of time he spent interacting with people is not much, simply only for business and work. And now that she is here, he needs to keep entertaining others after his work hours are finished. He is not necessarily hating it, but he needs time to get used to it.

 

"My dad won't let me out anywhere but here."

 

Well, of course. Jihoon and his uncle are still a threat for Yeri and even worse for him. Mr. Kim basically ruined everything for him and his daughter is the easiest target. Reckless, weak, and naive, even though Yeri doesn't look like that, they know how her real trait is.

She was used by Jihoon before, they knew her too well.

 

"Treat me as invincible, I'll just stay here for a few hours, watch some movies and go back home."

 

And she's also aware of how tired he is to keep seeing her like this. She's not asking him or telling him to do anything, demanding attention or care. She just basically let him do whatever.

 

"Do you want to watch..?"

 

Yeri stopped her words right away when he got back from changing his clothes. The last time she did this, she was asked to leave because for him, she's just a bother to his relaxing night. He doesn't like any entertainment except playing high tech quality games.

 

"The answer must be no."

 

He felt bad right away when she lost her smile and went back to focusing her eyes on the TV screen. She lost so much weight after the accident and she is still under dr. Yoo supervision, she told him, keeping her occupied is the best way to heal her trauma from him, her nightmare, and the accident. She always denied dr. Yoo's diagnosis though. She always said she's fine,  it's just that everyone still has their own doubts over her. Including him.

 

"Since i told you to leave before, i guess i'll watch this one."

 

"You can't change your mind and tell me to leave before I finish this one."

 

He laughs at her when she's being defensive about it. She must be quite traumatized over what happened last time. He was so annoyed that he told her to leave out of rage, and she really left. She took a taxi by herself. Even though he went to her house after to make sure she isn't harmed.

 

Yeri is the type who is serious and totally immersed in something when she puts her mind into it. Just like how she studied her script or doing her work, including this watching movies. Maybe because she's an actress by profession, she never talks at times like this, it's been almost an hour since the last time she spoke any words.

Even when he told her to watch and lay down instead of sitting straight, she still wasn't saying anything but she did what he told her.

 

"You are not watching."

 

She talked without looking at him, she notices that the one he's being stared at was her face and not anything else.

 

"I'm watching you."

 

"Exactly."

 

She glances at him for one seconds, letting out a sigh but back to focusing her eyes on the screen right after it. He's still watching her because it's been such a long time since he actually paid attention to her this much.

 

He's still glueing his eyes into her when she suddenly gets up and pulls her legs away from his grip. Letting out a sigh and in a quick second she already made her way to sit on his lap, hugging his neck and staring at him with her sparkling eyes while laughing.

 

"Are you not watching?"

 

"I can't focus if you're treating me like I was some kind of fragile ancient collection in a museum.."

 

That's her way to tell him she hates being stared at continuously. He's rolling his eyes at her because he never complained about things like this when she does the same thing while he is working, he thought it isn't fair. He was going to defend himself and argue with her when she came forward for a kiss. A kiss which usually led to other things, she's good at it, then and now.

 

"What was it?"

 

He knows Yeri can't help but to find his behaviour is ridiculous. He is so arrogant and acts like he hates what she did when he already has his hands tracing her neck down to her shoulder after that short making out session, she intends to use it as a trade so he will leave her alone. He can tell.

 

"If i do that one more time.. can you leave me alone, at least until i finished my movie?"

 

"It depends."

 

He is having so much joy to troll her when he takes his hand back and now holds both of her cheeks while push her face away from his.

 

"..on the way how you do it.."

 

"I should finish watching this movie before i can do anything else.. besides, I can't spend the night here…."

 

"Did I ask you to?"

 

Yeri is definitely embarrassed and slightly annoyed by now. She showed it to him while tightening her grip on his shoulder and a pouty lips. He can notice a change of expression on her face from playful and bratty into serious and reserved.

 

"Alright. I'll do my work in my office and you can watch. I won't bother you."

 

"Why?"

 

"You asked for it, and I know you want to seriously learn from these actors  right?"

 

He takes her face back closer to him and kisses her again. She was smiling while receiving that and it was such a sight. Always one of his favorites from her.

 

“You are really a changed person."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I just remember how scared I was when I met you at the CF shoot. I went straight to an ER that day."

 

Jungkook is glancing at Yeri whose eyes are wondering, probably recalling all the memories she has over him.

 

"I won't have any regrets if I die now."

 

He slightly lifted her and fixed her position on his lap when the talk about dying suddenly came up from her out of nowhere.

 

"Don't talk nonsense "

 

He was going to let her go and get up quickly to be done by his work but Yeri is wrapping her arms around his neck, forcing him to stay at his position.

 

"I'm serious, the fact that you're back as a kind person just like how you helped me when we were young, Knowing all the wrong doings i did to you… I am glad you decided to come back as your old self.. to forgive me and my parents."

 

He didn't respond to what she said when he can see Yeri's eyes are getting teary. She really is serious about what she said.

 

"Unlike you, I'll have so much regret if I die now."

 

He talks while caressing her hair and her back, patting it so she won’t cry .

 

"You must want to earn more money and gain your firm back."

 

What she said is hilarious that he finds her so endearing on so many levels. The perfect, sasy, beautiful Yeri.

 

"Well.. of course.."

 

"I knew it.."

 

"And i also want to give you a life you lost when your brother died."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Love, care, time, a friend, a family...everything you lost.."

 

Yeri is not saying anything, it's just her tears are so much more visible now to the point that she's trying to hide it from him.

 

"I almost killed you 4 times, at least I need to live for 60 years more… so i won't have any regrets if i die."

 

He wiped her years with his hands and what he did was only make Yeri's shedding more tears. She takes a deep breath before burying her head on his shoulder and cries for some more until she finally lifts her face to him again, now with a smile.

 

"Please do that, then. I'll be thankful for the rest of my life."