SP-8

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) SP

Yeri is not sure from where she got the power to finally force the door open. She closed her eyes when a few pieces of wood flew from the knob. 

 

“You can’t stay here..”

 

Her eyes can not believe what she sees, and her ears can not believe what she heard. Jungkook is right there, holding his stomach which was wounded, his head is bleeding from the side, it’s almost covered his eyes. And yet he didn’t call for help or answer her, he told her to leave. She knows someone was here earlier, one of the windows on this room is completely broken. She probably didn’t hear because she was outside on her car thinking about something stupid and meaningless.

 

She’s totally confused and lost when she is finally able to kneel down next to him, using her sleeves to clean his blood and check out his wound. It was bad, someone was able to make a quite deep scratch on his waist, it is probably by a glass or a knife, the good thing is, it isn’t bleeding heavily.

 

“It’s ok..”

 

Instead of saying it to him, Yeri is definitely trying to tell herself that. When Jungkook held her hand and stopped her from touching him, she ended up crying because how can this happen? Isn't their life normal now?

 

She only has a few seconds to stare at Jungkook’s face before he closes his eyes and passes out. This is a total nightmare, even worse than being killed by him.

 



 

****

 

You can change your clothes into this.”

 

One of the clinic staff is giving Yeri a piece of white long blouse, probably one of her own clothes to get changed. Her brain is barely functioning as normal after she takes Jungkook and drives here, a small clinic near the cottage. These people already call a cop she knows, probably reporting her as a suspect or something because from one look only, it is obvious Jungkook was purposefully wounded.

 

“Miss?”

 

She takes the clothes she gave her and whatever happens right now is totally crushing her, crushing her beyond her own worries. She never thought that even after both of them fixed their life, the fact that they ruined other’s will not change. The list of people who hate Jungkook and her for what they did is probably really long. And some of them will definitely go far to get their own revenge just like Jihoon and his family. Or just like her and Jungkook before.

 

"Are you his guardian?"

 

She's sitting in front of the room where the doctor treated Jungkook. One nurse is coming to her. It is a different one from the one who gave her clothes.

 

"Police is here. They want to ask you a few questions."

 

Of course. 

 

Protecting her image or identities is the last wish she has right now. So she decided to take all the questions bravely and truthfully. She told everything she knew, the police even asked to see the cottage and she gave them the address, they asked her to come with him but she doesn't want to leave Jungkook alone.

 

The questioning went for 30 minutes and she was asked to come for a report the next day, glad she managed to call his dad and let the police officers talk to him so she doesn't need to explain anything because she doesn't even know what is going on right now.

 

***

 

"I'll give you ten minutes."

 

Yeri is finally allowed to see Jungkook around 5 PM or something. She didn't eat nor sleep, and thankfully the doctors and nurses already stopped suspecting her because they began to treat her normal, it seems like the police already told them what happened.

 

"Thank you."

 

She was told that there is no way jungkook would wake up today. He was hit by something hard on his head that his wound need to get stitched, not a life threatening injury but also not easy to fix. He has this whole bandage covering his head, she can't even see his hair anymore.

She takes a few steps closer to his bed, looking around at all the medical equipment attached to him and she feels totally defeated by this. She is upset, angry, sad, disappointed, and afraid.

 

She can bring any words to say to him and the only thing she does is watch him with tears for a whole 10 minutes until a nurse tells her to come out.

 

"Yeri-ya!!"

 

She can see both of her parents running towards her as soon as she's out of the room.

 

"Who did this?"

 

Mr. Kim knows those eyes. The eyes that are so full with rage and uncontrolled pain. He thought he won't ever see it from Yeri again.

 

"The authorities are still looking for…."

 

"You have your own way to find it faster, do it!"

 

"Yeri-ya…"

 

He is glad that his wife is here when she gives Yeri a hug and forces her to sit in one of the waiting room chairs. 

 

"How is he?"

 

With that answer only, Mr. Kim already understands that both Yeri and Jungkook probably need to deal with this again and again.

 

"They hit him in the head! He could've died!"

 

There is so much hatred and frustration from what he just heard. Yeri… this is not good for her.

 

"I'll ask his doctor if we could move him tonight."

 

He gives Yeri a squeeze on her shoulder so she would know that she isn't alone this time. Unlike when her brother died.

 

***

 

One of the reasons why Mr. Kim worked so hard and cunningly his whole life to gain money is this.

The doctor said Jungkook was allowed to move back to the city but with a proper handling. He can afford everything with no worries. 

 

"I need to stay here."

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

He can't believe that Yeri is behaving like this when they're ready to go back home.

 

"I need to make a report, I am a witness."

 

"I'll move the case.."

 

"I want to stay!"

 

Mr. Kim knows very well that Yeri was going to find information about the culprit, he really wanted to trust her to not do anything crazy but he can't help it. All the rage and hatred she showed in her eyes made him scared. All the times when she tried to threaten him after Seokjin died, the times she begged him to ruin Jungkook's life as part of her revenge. Everything is coming back to his memories. Uncontrolled.

 

"I'll take care of it."

 

"You don't have an obligation to do that."

 

"Kim Yeri!"

 

She ignores him completely when she takes his car keys with a force and walks away from the hallway. Not even one glance she gave to Jungkook who's still laying unconsciously over his injury.
 



***

 

"I'm staying."

 

Mr. Kim can finally feel a sense of relief when Jungkook is done with the whole chaotic, risky procedure of transporting. He paid for the most expensive hospital for him to stay.

That's the least he can do right now.

 

"Alright, i'll try to find Yeri."

 

"Is she going to be ok?"

 

He can sense an urge of heavy curiosity from his wife when she talks. It seems like she's also aware about what is happening right now.

 

"I don't know."

 

"If she's actually thinking about Jungkook and all the things he did for her, we shouldn't be worried."

 

Mrs. Kim is totally confident that Yeri is no longer her old Yeri after Jungkook happened to her life. She can see a thousand changes from her for the past year.

She won't risk her life or anyone she loved, she knows she won't.

 

"I'll look out for her."

 

"Tell her to come here, he was there with her all the time. How can she leave like this?"

 

"I'll talk to her."

 

Mr. Kim left the room and received a phone call right away, one of her employees.

 

"It really was Mr. Lee."

 

He knows it, there is no one else as crazy as he is for behaving like this. He thought sending his nephew to jail will make him think but it seems like he gets crazier.

 

"He paid someone to do it. The order is not to injure, he really wanted him dead."

 

"They're really looking down at me."

 

"They did it because they know he was alone."

 

"Yeri was with him."

 

"They didn't see her as a threat."

 

The phone call ended when he was told that Yeri came to the office earlier to squeeze information about this. No one gives it to her but that also means one thing. She has his own conclusion about who did this and she is right.

 



***



 

This isn't Yeri's first time here. She's still sitting in her car, thinking about all the rage she needs to go through over what just happened. She gets out and tells the security at the gate about her visit.

 

"Mr. Lee won't see anyone this late."

 

That's what the guard told her. But she has her own way, 

 

“Tell him Kim Yeri wants to say thank you for what he did to her boyfriend.”

 

She is actually still not sure about who did all those crazy things to Jungkook, but if her guess was right, hearing her message, Mr. Lee will definitely see her.

 

"You can come in, Miss."

 

And it is proven. The guard from earlier let her car in without any further question.

She's been here before and It is not hard for her to know where to go when someone opened the front door for her.

 

"Mr. Lee is waiting for you."

 

She follows the direction to a different house from where she had dinner months ago. It's a luxurious small house, which has one office room she assumed is Mr. Lee's.

 

"Mrs. Kim is here."

 

It is quite unexpected when Mr. Lee sees a young elegant woman whose eyes are so full with rage. He never sees her as a threat, not before Jihoon falls for her and behaving like a total moron that led into his ruined life .

 

"Please take a seat, Yeri-ssi."

 

He offers her a smile, but Yeri is ignoring him. She entered his office while scanning the room, probably trying to find his guards or people who work for him.

 

"No one is here, you don't need to worry."

 

Of course, Yeri should be afraid. From what he heard she almost died because of Jihoon.

 

"I assume that I was right."

 

But once she started to open , he became unsure regarding his judgments over her.

 

"What was right?"

 

"You attacked him, Jeon Jungkook."

 

"Well.. It depends."

 

He's walking closer to her and as expected, Yeri is taking a few steps back from him.

 

"Do you have proof that I did it?"

 

"I'm not a kid, I know you paid someone else to do your dirty work."

 

Growing up as her father's daughter, it is not a surprise if Yeri, unlike her image and delicate appearance, is someone who's actually aware about how things work in his world.

 

"You must know a lot, since your father probably does similar things..."

 

"He never killed a person."

 

"Really? Are you sure about that?"

 

Mr. Lee is not trying to provoke Yeri, he is actually pissed off by the way she talked. She is so confident, thinking that she has something on him when in fact, she is nothing without her father or Jungkook backing her up, like right now. He always knows she is rude, but he never thought that she is actually brave enough to confront him about what he did, especially after everything happened.

 

"My father has his own share of dirty work, but he never goes as low as you to hurt others over some money."

 

"Your brother is dead, Mrs. Kim."

 

Yeri is totally not ready for the conversation of her brother. Her eyes avoided him as soon as she heard that. He's smiling at her while taking a seat on his desk.

Watching people like Yeri who has everything doing this for a guy like Jungkook who has nothing is totally baffling him. Jeon Jungkook without his money is nothing but a crazy, ambitious psycho. While Yeri without him could be everything she always wanted. This is ridiculous.

 

"It was a suicide."

 

"A rich son, an heir who has every money and skill in this world killed by suicide. It is obvious that something killed him, someone."

 

He doesn't know what's going on but Yeri is definitely bothered by everything he just said, she closes her eyes, sighing and swipes her hair while walking closer to his desk with a smirk.

 

"That's what i thought too, somebody killed him."

 

He can't believe what he just saw when Yeri takes a small revolver from behind her back. He gasped and at one seconds he thought what she did was just another trick, but when she skillfully reloaded it and aimed right to his head. He knows that Yeri is as crazy as him.

 

"So you are no different with Jeon Jungkook. A crazy one"

 

Yeri who had no fear started to gain her conscience back when Jungkook's name was mentioned. He will never do this. Even when he was still very much ruined and learned about her and her parents. He never did this. She was the one who threatened him like a little monster with a fake gun. He is so much better than her, Mr. Lee is wrong.

 

"You are so much better than him Mrs. Kim, I knew him since he was young, he's not worthy for you to do this."

 

What he said actually resonated so much to Yeri. Not because he is right but for how wrong he is.

Jungkook basically put efforts to bring her life into something better and normal yet she's still doing crazy things like this. It makes her realize that she is already ruined far away from everyone's expectation. Her way back isn't as easy as having Jeon Sooyoung's brother forgiving her and her family. She needs way more than just a validation from her own self that she has no faults on what had happened for the past 15 years.

 

"Mr. Lee!!"

 

Yeri is incapable of doing anything when three people stormed into the room. Someone is hitting her arms and taking away her weapon. Another two are checking out Mr. Lee and she honestly has nothing on her head right now. 

 

"I'm ok."

 

Being fine but threatened by a girl like Yeri is making Mr. Lee mad regardless. He pushed everyone away and walked to her who's looking rather weak and confused with her hands almost tied by a tight grip from one of his staff.

 

He is even more annoyed when the only thing she is doing is staring at the floor, making her long hair as a curtain to hide her face. He grabs her cheeks harshly, slapped her twice so she will know what kind of person she threatened earlier.

He actually hesitates to treat Yeri like this because of his father, but for what she just did earlier, this isn't even half of what he usually does as a lesson for reckless youngsters like her.

 

"Her father's employee is here."

 

Yeri can finally lift her face when she hears that. She can taste a little bit of iron from her lips, it is bleeding. Probably a lot. Judging from how it drops into her clothes. It doesn't hurt. She doesn't feel any pain except on her chest. It is hurting so much without a reason she can even comprehend.

Mr. Lee is taking a gun she used earlier and shove it to her hands after she finally let go.

 

"Be a good girl and stop involving yourself into something you don't understand."

 

He told everyone to drag her out from the room, as she was thrown outside the gate, escorted by a few familiar faces, sitting in a car, and reached home while no one was saying anything to her. Even when she met with her father. The only thing he does is staring at her and leaves for his office. Her mom is not here.