1.7.

Find You Again
Get to the point
 
200821
 

Their friends were the first ones to have their entrance exams scheduled. Donghae and Hyukjae stood with them outside the train station early in the morning to see them off and wish them good luck, with a few treats solely made by the duo for the other two, their friends boarded the train with smiles on their faces.

Left behind, the two moved to prepare things they will be needing for their incoming final few months as high school seniors. They moved without much words to a local mall, it’s already been a year that they have known each other and meet on a regular basis, it’s not like there was much to talk about. Well, none that Hyukjae could think of.

After finishing up their checklist that Donghae had prepared, Hyukjae started to complain that he was hungry and even going as far as to playfully chomp on his friend’s sleeve as a representation of how 'famished' he was. Donghae barked out a loud laugh at that, roughly pulling his friend by the shoulder to a fast food joint where they both got huge burgers large cups of soda, well, there goes their “healthy lifestyle” that Donghae had insisted they maintain.

“Okay, since I was the one who dragged you here, today is cheat day!” Said the initiator of anti-soda and anti-fast food movement.

Hyukjae hid a laugh behind his raised burger and just gives him an amused nod. He didn’t really mind whatever it is he eats; he lets the other drag him wherever he wants to eat when they’re together, if Donghae dragged him to eat fast food then so be it.

They shared a few other jokes here and there before it was decided that it was time to start heading home, boarding a bus that will take them near the general direction of their houses.

It was silent between the two of them when the bus started to move. Sharing an earphone, they leaned back in their seats as they listen to one of their favourite artists, the slightly older of the two closing his eyes for a quick snooze. Donghae just lets him, looking out to gaze outside, mind a mess.

Hyukjae and Donghae walked side by side, pace a bit sluggish due to the cold air beginning to wrap around their bodies.

Donghae glanced to his left and chuckles at how cute he finds Hyukjae trudging along beside him with his half-shut eyes and pouting lips. He looks like he’ll just drop to the ground and fall sleep anytime soon.

Seeing that it was still quite a few more minutes before they reach their usual junction, Donghae decided to keep his company awake by talking Hyukjae’s ears off about random things that comes into his mind. It seems to work a little, Hyukjae responds with mostly grunts, but he also mumbles some answers to non-yes or no questions that Donghae throws at him.

Hyukjae’s brain is a bit muzzy, they had went out quite early in the morning to fetch their two other friends and fool around a bit more before they saw the other pair off at the train station, then they spent the next few hours walking around the mall going to many stores to get things that they need, and feeling full because of the afternoon snacks, now this cold weather makes him sleepy. Donghae’s blabbing goes into one ear and exits at the other. He was extra talkative this time, and if Hyukjae didn’t know the boy beside him better, he wouldn’t realise that Donghae is talking this much because he’s mentally preparing himself for something.

So, what is it about?

Listening to Donghae, he could start to hear a common thing with the topics his friend had been saying. Since he very much just wanted to go home and sleep, he decides to save his friend from the endless rambling.

“What do you want to say? Get to the point.” He mutters to the surprise of the other. He turned his head and watched as Donghae started to play with a loose thread on his sweater. Hyukjae knows his eyebrows are starting to crease, what the hell is Donghae going to talk about now?

Donghae sent a quick glance his way, and he almost looks so embarrassed that Hyukjae almost thought to just wave it off because he’s not sure if he wants his brain to be half dead when the other was literally being this unbearable that he almost looks adorable.

Anyway, before Hyukjae’s brain decided to interrupt, Donghae had spoken again. In a huge word vomit that he nearly wouldn’t be able to understand what he was talking about if only certain words hadn’t caught his attention.

 

“Come again?” He stupidly replies.

 

 

 

His companion blinks, mouth slightly open, but he got through it, and repeated his question in a firmer tone. “I said,” he starts out, “Hyukjae, would you like to go out with me? And before you think about it the wrong way, I am not asking you to just hang out.” Finishing his sentence, Donghae turned to look into Hyukjae’s eyes.

“Lee Hyukjae, I like you romantically. And I hope you give me a chance to date you.”

+
owowowowow why is it like this now,,, is it too fast? we're almost through the first arc... wonder how this will end for them hmmm? 

and no, this confession isn't out of the blue (well, for donghae, at least) there's a lot behind the scenes,,,,, maybe we'll see it some other time *squinty eyes* 

anyway, i hope to finish this part before I start school again, it's only a few days now... wow it feels just like yesterday when i last updated. it's already friday again? oh no

thank you for reading!