1.3.

Find You Again
Hyukjae is embarrassing himself.
 
200718 
Hyukjae wanted to crawl under the huge desk in the room and sleep until the school event is over.

With the amount of furniture, props, and other essentials that their club will be needing and the proposed set up that was required to be told to the in-charge beforehand, Hyukjae had offered Donghae to enter the room now they were seated on each side of a large (but not as large as the meeting room tables) table. Seeing as it was the only one filled with stuff made from boxes and more cardboard boxes, they each got a stool and sat there.

Their first conversation with each other and Hyukjae wants to shoot himself in the foot because of how jittery he’s becoming.

They spent nearly a quarter of an hour inside the room (after Hyukjae internally willed himself to calm down) with him being very meticulous and specific about the things they need. They also demonstrated and even illustrated their set up since Donghae was not quite getting what the club had envisioned.

“I think that’s about it.” He finally says, turning his head a little to read the upside-down writing on the paper on his side. After that, he didn’t say anything silently re-checking if everything is written like how they talked about. “Oh wait,” he leaned closer, finger-pointing somewhere at the mini-map they’d drawn. “You forgot to put—”

“Hm?”

 

When Hyukjae was about to turn to look at Donghae, the other student had unexpectedly turned his head up quite fast, Donghae’s head bumping against Hyukjae’s jaw.

They both jumped away, grimacing as they rubbed sore spots on their head.

“Sorry.” Donghae apologizes, looking up at the now fully standing Hyukjae, lips turned down. “I didn’t mean to do that. Does it hurt bad?”

Hyukjae waves a hand in dismissal. “No, no, it’s fine, I’m fine. Just shocked.” He laughs it off, reaching down with his other hand and lightly patting the part of Donghae’s head that collided with him. “Your head is, uh, quite strong.”

The other flushes lightly.

Taking it as being embarrassed from being touched at the head, Hyukjae immediately retracted his hand, mumbling his apology.

“No…” The black-haired student stutters out, “It’s not that, sorry. So, um, you were saying something was missing?”

 

Donghae had left two minutes before the rest of the club had returned from their snack break, leaving Hyukjae seated on the same spot, head supported by his hands on either side and having to rethink why he’s like this.

 


 

The next few days were a blur, in between the preparations for their participation on the main program, creating props that they could, and running to-and-fro the school and nearby shops, Hyukjae and Donghae had not met each other after that happening in the club room, they were both swamped with things to do, and whenever Donghae would be sent back to the club Hyukjae was in for something to re-confirm, the other male was out running an errand or was setting up their tent in the field.

 

Hyukjae sighed as he sat himself down on a stool in the clubroom, the ventilation and open windows much better than being directly underneath the heat at the field. A junior club member suddenly passed him an energy drink; someone came to drop it by earlier, they kept their mouth shut on who left it for the guy.

He hums, maybe it was his classmate. Just weird that he wouldn’t even text him that he left him something.

 

Finally, after a full week of running around like crazy and lifting things that could easily break his skinny body in three pieces, Hyukjae, along with his male club members were in their assigned green room, changing out of their uniforms to costumes suitable for their booth’s activity.

He can finally breathe out; after this whole day event, he can bury his aching body underneath his cosy covers and sleep the whole long weekend away.

Hyukjae tilts his head, or maybe his friends will drag him out to play in the arcade, who knows. Right now, all he wants to do after is to sleep.