Ep 14

it's a whole new world
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Pie’s life was pretty great. She had an owner that had the same mentality as hers. She had a new human friend in the form of Minji, who also treated Yoohyeon with utmost care. Pie would never admit it but if anyone hurt Yoohyeon, she would not hesitate to bite. It wouldn’t be the first time, anyways. She was just glad that she didn't have to bite Minji.

 

But everything changed when the piplup nation attacked.

 

The couple had gone to Snowpoint City to enjoy some snowsports and escape the Wyndon heat when Yoohyeon’s doctor instincts kicked in. A little piplup was trying to slide down a steep hill meant for larger pokemon to traverse when it smacked into a tree on the way down. Yoohyeon stopped to pick it up and nursed it back to perfect health. The problem was that Yoohyeon was absolutely smitten with the piplup.

 

Pie would have been okay with Yoohyeon taking care of injured pokemon had this piplup not been so smug about it. Everytime Pie had Yoohyeon’s attention, that dang piplup would pretend to be hurting to get the doctor to come back. And then it, or rather, she would stick her little tongue out at Pie.

 

The audacity.

 

Even worse than relishing in attention meant for Pie, Yoohyeon gave her rival her blanket! The very same one that has been with the mudkip since birth. That was the last straw for Pie. The piplup, affectionately dubbed Chuu for the time being, could take her food, her place in Yoohyeon’s heart, but not her safety blanket.

 

The mudkip jumped onto the bed where Chuu was laying down and attempted to rip the blanket away. “Pie! What are you doing?!” She could hear Yoohyeon’s words but she didn't care. The piplup wouldn’t let go of the blanket, causing it to tear from their tug of war.

 

Yoohyeon had enough of the fighting and lifted her mudkip off the bed. “Pie! What were you thinking?!”

 

“Mudkip!” Although Yoohyeon couldn’t really understand pokemon language, she understood that Pie was angry and frustrated. She watched as her mudkip snatched the two pieces of blanket in her mout

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter