Part 5

Cupid - NCT Dream - NOREN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Renjun’s recital came around and his friends all came to watch, Jeno and Jaemin sat next to one another and they were both extremely excited, Jeno was excited to see all Renjun’s hard work paying off and Jaemin was excited to see why Jeno was so excited.

 

The show started and it was quiet and Renjun’s friends were amazed at how amazing Renjun was, especially Donghyuck and Chenle. They knew their friend was amazing but he never got the lead roles in their shows but this time he got to show off and it was really something.

 

Jaemin turned to Jeno who was watching Renjun with utter admiration, Jaemin smirked a little with a small nod.

 

Jeno sat there he didn’t know what expression to make, he saw Renjun practice for the show, he was there the whole time seeing the progress but he didn’t understand why in that exact moment his heart was beating so fast, he didn’t understand what was going on or why he had the urge to rush up and just hold Renjun.

 

It was confusing, and as he kept watching it dawned on him and he didn’t know what to do, it was the exact opposite of what he wanted, he wanted Jaemin to fall in love with Renjun he didn’t want himself to fall in love.

 

He took a moment and looked at Jaemin and he saw his friend watching the show but he didn’t look very focused, Jeno felt like running away, he felt so stupid, he promised Renjun that he would help him but how is he going to help him when he himself wants Renjun.

 

When the show came to an end the group of friends went out to eat, but Jeno was distant, he was quiet and he would smile from time to time, but Renjun picked up on the fact that something was wrong with him, even Jaemin was worried.

 

And halfway through their meal, Jeno got up with a small sigh “Hey Jaem will you walk Ren home? I’m not feeling well, so I’m heading home” Jeno said, he waited for his friend to agree and said his goodbye’s before leaving.

 

Jeno got home and the first thing he did was lay on his bed and screamed and he found himself crying along the way, it’s bad when you figure out you like someone and you still have a little hope that they might like you back but for Jeno, he knew he had no chance and he knew he was probably going to see Jaemin and Renjun together eventually as Renjun was just too sweet not to love and it all just pained him a lot more than it probably should have.

 

Renjun sat and ate his food but he was really worried about Jeno, the boy didn’t look okay since the show ended when he saw Jeno before the show started. The boy looked excited but now it seemed like the boy didn’t want to be anywhere near him or even near his friends. He was scared that he did something wrong and as much as he wanted to focus on Jaemin being the one to walk him home he couldn’t help but worry about Jeno.

 

Jaemin walked with Renjun and although he doesn’t know Renjun well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter