Time With You

The Long Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Jiwon-centric)

 

Jiwon was about to pick from his black caps collection when a red cap caught his eye. It’s that red cap that he and Sunghoon both have.

 

*** 3 months ago ***

 

Jiwon entered Jaeduck’s apartment, late as usual for the arranged time. It was a spontaneous get together since Suwon found out they were in the same area. Suwon is shooting for a show in MBC, Jiwon is in Sangam-dong shooting for New Journey to the West’s new season, and Sunghoon is shopping somewhere in Mapo. So Suwon insisted they all have dinner at Jaeduck’s apartment.

“Hyung, we’re here at the kitchen!” Jaeduck shouted as Jiwon is removing his shoes.

Jiwon walked to the kitchen and he saw them preparing jajangmyeon and chicken to bowls and plates.

“Ya, you brats, why did you make me buy pizza when there’s already a lot of food here?!” Jiwon said.

“Because you’re late, hyung.” Sunghoon said while arranging the bags and plastics together, not looking at him.

“You’re late too.” Suwon said in his usual biting manner.

“But I came from a shoot!” “But you told me late too!” Jiwon and Sunghoon argued at the same time to Suwon.

“Aigoo, you two.” Jaeduck said while laughing.

Suwon as usual took notice of Jiwon’s outfit. “Eh? Sunghoonie, you were wearing the same cap earlier right?”.

Sunghoon looked at Jiwon and recognized the same cap he left at the living room. “Oh yes, it’s the same.”

“You two are still so in sync.” Jaeduck smirked.

“Nah, I’ve changed a lot hyung.” Sunghoon said with a smile.

“Sunghoonie--” Jaeduck started but Jiwon cut him off.

 “Hurry, I’m hungry! Are we going to eat here?” Jiwon asked to change the topic. Sunghoon looked at him and smiled, thankful for what Jiwon subtly did. Jiwon answered with a smile. As usual, they can understand each other without words.

“No, we’re going to watch so we’ll be eating in the living room.” Suwon answered.

Jiwon was surprised that they’re watching something. They don’t usually do that. “We’re watching?”

“Yes hyung. We’re watching Seventeen.” Suwon said, expecting Jiwon’s outburst.

As expected, with raised voice and big eyes, “What the ?! Why?!”

The other three all laughed and Jaeduck said, ”Nothing, we just want to laugh and cringe.”

“Why~~” Jiwon whined.

“And we’ll make sure the torture is extensive. Let’s lock our phones shall we?” Suwon added.

“Ya, Jangsu. That’s not part of the plan earlier!” Sunghoon told Suwon.

Unexpectedly, Jiwon suddenly calmed down. “Ha. Okay, here’s my phone. Change the password. Sunghoon-ah, give me yours. I’ll change it.”

Sunghoon was surprised. “Why you hyung?”

“Because I want to.”

Jaeduck and Suwon just looked at each other meaningfully.

“Okay let’s change all our passwords. Hyung will change Sunghoonie’s, I will change Hyung’s, Suwonnie will change mine, and Sunghoonie will change Suwon’s.” Jaeduck said.

Sunghoon is still hesitant. “Remind me again why we’re doing this?”

“Sunghoon-ah, we seldom get together. Let’s do something fun while we’re at it.” Jiwon said with that smile that spells trouble.

Sunghoon knows he can’t argue with Jiwon like this. “Why are you suddenly supportive of this idea, hyung?”

Jiwon didn’t answer and instead said, “Then we must all turn off the phone so that the password will be required, and our faces or fingerprints won’t work. Okay?”

He smirked with his hand held out, waiting for Sunghoon to give his phone to him. With a sigh, Sunghoon unlocked his phone and passed it to Jiwon. All the others followed suit to unlock their phones and give it to the person who will change the password.

 

----

 

They were all speechless after the movie.

“I can’t believe we made it through the entire film.” Jaeduck said, looking spent like they just rehearsed choreography.

“I’ve watched this several times already and I still can’t get over how bad it is.” J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter