Dinner With The Crystals

The Long Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Jiwon-centric)

 

When they arrived at the private room in the restaurant, Jaijin was already there.

“You’re both early, what a surprise!” Jaijin said.

“Oh Jaijin-ah where’s your wife?” Jiwon asked as he pulled out a seat and gestured at Sunghoon to sit, and then sat at the chair next to it.

“It’s too expensive to fly both of us here to Seoul, hyung.”

“So are you going to fly back to Jeju directly tonight, Jaijin hyung?” Sunghoon asked.

“No, I’m flying back tomorrow. I’ll visit Eun-ju and her children first. I miss my niece and nephew.”

The door opened and Jaeduck came in, followed by Jiyong. They all exchanged greetings and sat themselves. Jaeduck called Suwon to inform him they’re all there and a few minutes later, Suwon arrived with his fiancée. The get-together went on happily, full of boisterous laughter and stories as they caught up with their lives. Dinner and drinks are great, made even greater by the fact that the 6 of them are complete. It’s not often that they’re able to be complete like this -- only on special occasions. The last time was during Jaijin’s wedding last year.

“So, I’m going to settle down next year. Jiyong and Jaijin hyung are already married. Sunghoon, Jaeduck hyung and Jiwon hyung are left.” Suwon said.

Jaijin agreed. “Yes, you three. When are you planning to settle down?”

“Why are you guys rushing us?” Sunghoon complained while Jiwon kept silent.

“Because you guys don’t seem to have plans for that at all. Jaeduck we understand. He already has Tony. But how about you two?” Jiyong straightforwardly said.

“Are you guys still waiting for the right person to come along?” Jaijin asked.

“Why are you waiting for someone sitting beside you?” Jaeduck asked.

Sunghoon looked at Jiwon beside him who’s also looking at him and said, “Huh?”

Jiyong is looking at the two of them intensely. “I don’t understand why you two keep on playing dumb.”

“Ya, you brats, why are you bullying us?” Jiwon finally reacted because he can sense Sunghoon already being uncomfortable.

“Because we all see it coming.” Suwon said with a shrug.

“You guys know we’re brothers. Eternal brothers.” Sunghoon said. Jiwon looked down at that statement and took a drink straight from the soju bottle.

“Yeah right, brothers.” Jaijin said with a smirk.

“We've known the two of you for more than 25 years and we still can see something else other than brotherhood.” Suwon said.

Jiwon put down his bottle. “Stop it you guys.”

“Well, hyung is not arguing much so I guess they’re finally awake now.” Suwon pressed.

“Ya Suwon-ah! I’m being patient with you because your fiancee is here.” Sunghoon said, almost angry.

Jiwon laughed at Sunghoon. “Why is he so cute being angry? Those big eyes and pouting lips. Does he think he looks scary like that?”

Suwon noticed Jiwon staring at Sunghoon. “See? That look?”

Jiwon snapped back to his senses. “Jira-ssi, how come you’ve accepted this person? He will always irritate you until your breaking point. And then he will stop so you can’t get fully angry and then he will keep on doing that!”

All of them laughed at that. They know Suwon very well.

“Yes Jira-ssi, good luck with living with him 24/7.” Jaeduck said while still laughing.

Jiwon and Sunghoon exchanged meaningful glances, laughing more deep down inside because of the change topic expertly done by Jiwon.

 

-----

 

Jiwon is on the way back to the private room from the restroom when he met Suwon in the hallway.

“Ah, my beloved maknae.”

“Hyung, are you drunk already?”

“No, I’m just thankful to you.”

“Because Sunghoon picked you up?”

“Huh? Hahaha.”

“Are you drunk or are you finally being honest with me?”

“I’m just thankful to you for keeping us all intact like this.”

“Good if it’s that. Then you know that Sunghoonie went to you not because of me.”

“You kept on pester

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter