Finally

The Long Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Sunghoon-centric)

 

At 2pm sharp, Sunghoon’s phone vibrated.

Jiwon: I’m here now. Call me when you’re done.

Sunghoon: Wow. You’re really here at 2pm. And 2pm sharp at that. Hehehe.

Jiwon: Since when did I make you wait?

Sunghoon: I’ve been waiting for a long time.

Sunghoon: I mean you always make me wait. You’re always late.

Jiwon: I don’t want to be late now.

Jiwon: Stop texting and focus on your meeting so you can finish early.

 

Sunghoon smiled and pocketed his phone. The meeting is actually already nearing to an end. When Jiwon left his house earlier today, he already called his manager and asked to get advance details of the meeting agenda so they can finish earlier. At the car on the way, he already looked through the different options of the themes for the album cover as well as for the music video of his title song.

At half past 2pm, the meeting was adjourned. Sunghoon hurriedly went to the door.

“Sunghoon, wait.” His manager said.

“I’ll be leaving now. I told you about Jiwon hyung picking me up, right?” Sunghoon answered quietly.

“I know. But he asked a favor from me. You should bring it to him.”

Sunghoon was surprised to hear that. “Okay. But let’s hurry up.”

They went down to the parking lot and his manager handed him a backpack.

“What’s this?” Sunghoon asked as he slung it to his back.

“Uhm, I’m not sure if I can tell you. He didn’t give me other instructions other than to prepare that and make you bring it.” His manager said with a laugh.

Sunghoon was puzzled, but he is in a hurry and decided to just ask Jiwon later. He bid goodbye to his manager and rushed to the entrance of the building while calling Jiwon.

“Jiwon hyung. I’m at the lobby now.” Sunghoon said when Jiwon picked up his call.

“Oh? That was fast. Okay, just go to the driveway and I’ll pick you up there.”

Sunghoon donned on his mask, pulled his hood to hide his face more, and went outside the building. After a few seconds, Jiwon’s personal car stopped in front of him and he stepped in.

As Sunghoon settled himself on the front seat, he asked Jiwon, “So where are we going, hyung?”

“You’ll see.” Jiwon said with a mischievous smile as he started to drive away.

Sunghoon knows he can make Jiwon tell him where they’re going, but he kind of likes the mystery as well. So instead, he raised the backpack his manager gave him and asked, “What’s in the bag?”

“Open it. It’s yours after all.”

Sunghoon was more puzzled than ever. He ped the bag and looked inside. “Clothes and underwear? So this is an overnight trip?”

“Yep!” Jiwon answered enthusiastically.

 

-------

 

It’s night time and they just finished watching a movie in the living room. Sunghoon thinks that the day can’t get any better than this. During their car ride out of town, they sang, talked, and laughed. Sometimes they’re just silent too, appreciating the view outside, content in the silence and enjoying each other’s presence. Then they had dinner in a private room of a simple restaurant. Apparently, Jiwon has been exposed to good restaurants all over the country because of his variety shows. Now, they’re in a small private rest house by the sea, far from the eyes of other people.

As the credits rolled, Jiwon turned to Sunghoon. “Do you want to watch another movie?”

“Sure, hyung.”

“But can we drink coffee first? Let’s go to the kitchen. I’ll make you good coffee.”

“Ah, I forgot I’m with the main cast of Eun Café.” Sunghoon teased as he turned off the television.

“Ha, how can you forget that?” Jiwon joked as he walked towards the kitchen, straight to where the coffee machine is at.

“Oh, it’s lucky they have a coffee machine here.” Sunghoon remarked as he followed Jiwon and saw him handling the machine.

Jiwon snorted. “It’s not lucky. I chose this place because of this too.”

“Really? Wow, hyung. I thought you just knew this place because of variety.”

“No, I’ve never been here before. It’s a recommendation from someone in the industry. And I said the coffee maker is a must too.”

“But didn’t you just plan this trip today? You just asked me last night.”

“Yes, today.” Jiwon answered as he was preparing their coffee.

“Ah, hyung is from Plan Man after all. CEO of a travel company.” Sunghoon teased again. He likes watching Jiwon’s shows.

“Silly. I just called up contacts. The restaurant too, a PD knows the owner. That’s why we were led directly to the private room without any questions.”

Sunghoon sat down and placed his elbows on the table with his head resting on his hands, watching Jiwon work. He’s happy that Jiwon invited him to a trip. It’s definitely something, since they’ve never been to an overnight trip before with just the two of them, so this is new. But he does not want to expect anything at all. After all, he is not sure if Jiwon loves him the same way he does, or if Jiwon is aware of that type of feelings between them. Whatever they are now, he’s content to be spending time together like this. It’s already more than what he asked for.

While Sunghoon is lost in his thoughts, Jiwon has finished their coffee and is approaching the table.

“Here’s my special coffee, for the special person that you are.” Jiwon said, placing the coffee in front of Sunghoon.

Sunghoon looked down and saw a heart on top of the coffee and was not able to resist a smile. “Can I take a picture of this?”

“Sure. Let’s take a photo as well, the two of us.” Jiwon said.

After taking the photos, they drank coffee in silence, looking at each other every now and then.

“So, hyung…Why?” Sunghoon really can’t help but ask even if he told himself that he is happy with the way things are.

“Why what?”

“This trip. This is new.”

“Ah, I have many reasons.” Jiwon smiled as he answered.

“Like?”

“You’re busy with another comeback so I want you to have a short break. I also want to congratulate you for your new album, and for being back as the Kang Sunghoon that is well-loved by the people. And, I also want to give something to you.”

“What is it?”

“Let’s continue our coffee in the living room shall we? Please bring mine, I’ll just go get something.” Jiwon sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter