Wake Up, Hyung!

The Long Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Sunghoon-centric)

 

Under the scorching sun of midday, Sunghoon drove to the carpark of Jiwon’s apartment in Yeouido.  He grabbed a paper bag and got out of his car. He went up the building, opened Jiwon’s apartment and was greeted by Jiwon’s dogs. He was petting them when Jiwon’s mom walked in on him.

“Sunghoon-ah! It’s good to see you. What’s up? Did something happen?” she said.

“Omoni! It’s good to see you too! No, nothing happened. Jiwon hyung is just being his usual lazy self, saying he won’t go to our group’s dinner later.”

Jiwon’s mom laughed and said, “I’m sorry for my son. He still acts like a spoiled brat sometimes. So you must have been asked to fetch him then?”

“Yes, the members begged me to convince him and bring him there.”

Laughing again, she answered, “I bet he just wants his dongsaengs to persuade him.”

“Yes I think so too, Omoni. He always gets what he wants. By the way, are you staying here now?”

“Oh no, I just brought some side dishes.”

“Wow! I’m actually planning to make a meal. It’s great, we can eat the side dishes you made too, I miss your cooking! Do you want to join us?” Sunghoon asked.

“No it’s fine, I’m actually in a hurry. I’m attending my friend’s son’s wedding. How about you two? When will you settle down with each other?” Jiwon’s mom said while walking past Sunghoon.

Sunghoon froze. “With each other? Omoni, you know we’re not that.”

Jiwon’s mom looked at him with an exasperated expression, sighed and ruffled Sunghoon’s hair. “Okay, goodbye then. Please tell Jiwonnie I dropped by.” She kissed his cheek and went out the door. “Bye Sunghoon-ah!” she shouted out loud while closing the door.

“Goodbye, Omoni! See you again!” Sunghoon said. When the door closed, he walked towards the kitchen and muttered, “Settle down with each other? Huh.”

Sunghoon cooked eggs and ham, prepared sandwiches the way Jiwon likes it, and placed it on the table. He smiled remembering how Jiwon loves his cooking despite them just being simple dishes. His heart fills with joy as he remembers Jiwon praising him endlessly when they were shooting for Newkies on the Honolulu in Hawaii several years ago. “Really, I was chopping onions using a bread knife and he still kept on saying that I’m doing a good job!” Laughing at the memory, he went to Jiwon’s room. He opened the door and stood there while looking at his sleeping figure.

“Wake up, hyung. I made you brunch,” he said while approaching the bed.  Jiwon did not move an inch even when Sunghoon sat down on the bed. He shook Jiwon’s shoulders and Jiwon murmured, “I have an alarm.” Sunghoon laughed, not believing it even for a second.

He took Jiwon’s phone, and saw a still-open game on his phone and closed that window. Then he saw the open tab of a folder on the gallery with his selcas. “So you look at my selcas huh?” He always takes selcas on Jiwon’s phone everytime they meet and Jiwon would always get annoyed. Jiwon would always say things like, “My phone would get stolen by rats, you’re so cheesy!”. But now Sunghoon knows that Jiwon does not delete his selcas and even keeps it in a separate folder. Sunghoon is really pleased and he’s smiling from ear to ear watching his precious hyung sleeping like a baby. Even in his late 40s, Jiwon is still handsome. His messy hair, thick eyebrows, long lashes, sharp nose, and slightly opened lips are still as attractive as ever. Sunghoon was about to touch his face and trace the contours of his features but he stopped himself and instead started waking him up again.

“Hyung~ Wake up, hyung!” He was shaking him and grabbing his pillow.

, Jiwon opened one of his eyes and groggily said, “What are you doing here? I thought you have a meeting this afternoon?”

“I postponed it to make sure you’re going to attend the dinner later. Suwonn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter