Depend on You

Meow!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo doesn't know what to feel at this point.

 

Should she feel happy because she bought gifts for Mina? Or should she feel regret for using 50% of her weekly allowance on these gifts. She took a mental note:cat toys aren't really cheap. 

 

But she tries to think about the positives while silently hoping that Mina would actually like and play with the toys she bought, remembering that the blonde is also human so her interest in things might vary.

 

She arrived at her house's front door step. She rung the doorbell, patiently waiting for the blonde. She heard the door creak open and she went inside.She was then met with a tight hug from Mina.

 

"You're back!" Mina happily exclaimed while she rubbed the top of her head on Momo's chest, not letting the older go. Momo hugged back and chuckled at her strange gesture. "What are you doing?" 

 

Mina pulled away from hug. There was a faint blush on her cheeks. "I just...missed you a lot." She smiled.

 

They went upstairs to Momo's room. The older girl changed from her uniform into comfy clothes and she exited her room's restroom. She was met with Mina sitting on her bed, waiting for her patiently. "You arrived pretty late, what happened?" Mina asked and Momo grabbed her backpack.

 

"Me, Jeong and Nayeon just talked to someone. I'll go on the details later because it's really important. But first" Mina looked at the older girl curiously, watching Momo fumbling inside her backpack. Momo pulled out a paper bag and she plopped down on the bed. The paper bag looked like it contained a lot of stuff that she bought.

 

"I bought you something, some things." Mina stared at the older girl with sheer curiosity, her ears bent forward. Momo pulled out a mouse-looking toy and she placed on the bed. The hybrid stared at it, her eyes fixated at the toy rat. Momo nervously looked at Mina, then at toy, then at Mina, then at the toy. She was anticipating what will happen.

 

Then Mina's finger lightly poked the toy mouse, making it let out a squeak. The blonde reacted with an awestruck face and she proceeds to play around it, punching it repeatedly, creating loud squeaking sounds in the room. The toy mouse bounced around Mina's hands and Momo watched her in amusement, stifling her laugh.

 

"Okay! Okay!" Momo giggled and she placed her hand on top of Mina's, stopping her from playing and catching her attention. "I bought other stuff too." Momo pulled out a small can. Mina looked at it with sheer curiosity and she started sniffing it. "What is it?"

 

"It's catnip. People in the pet store told me that you might like it a lot once you eat it." Mina kept sniffing it before Momo pulled the can away. Momo then pulled out a ball of yarn. 

 

"I bought this too. I saw it on TV shows that cats like yarn so." Mina nodded and the older girl put the yarn ball on the bed.

 

"Lastly, I was a bit hesitant on buying this because I'm all out of money but" Momo pulled out a soft penguin plushie. "I bought you a penguin plushie. Something you could hug whenever you sleep or when you're alone."

 

The older girl handed the penguin plushie to Mina's hands. Mina gently clutched the plush before she hugged it tightly, as if the plushie would run away from her grasp.

 

"Thank you, Momo. I...I don't what to say..." Mina's cheeks turned red. She pulled the older into a tight hug along with the penguin plushie. Momo giggled before she hugged back. "You're welcome." 

 

The two girls eventually pulled away. While Mina was distracted with her penguin plushie and her mouse toy, Momo started to fumble inside her bag in search for that one thing she was excited about. 

 

 

Momo pulled out the laser pointer from her bag. The older girl smirked, she turned the laser pointer on and a red dot appeared on the bed. "Mina, look!" Momo pointed at the red dot, catching the blonde's attention.

 

Momo was absolutely surprised.

 

Mina jumped on the red dot, in attempt to catch it. But Momo wanted to play with the hybrid, so she moved the laser pointer around, causing the red dot to move erratically on the bed.

 

Mina on the other hand, moved in a haste. She jumped around the bed, chasing the red dot which she kept on missing. The older chuckled while she watched the hybrid chase an innocent red dot.

 

"Ha!" Once Mina thought she had caught the red dot once she was able to reach it with her hands. but Momo wanted to tease the blonde. She turned off the laser pointer as soon as Mina's hand lands on the bed.

 

"Momo! Momo! Look! I caught it! I caught-whaa?" Once Mina removed her hand from the bed, she expected to see the red dot she thought she caught, but she was met with nothing.

 

"But-but..." Momo stifled her giggles at the hybrid's reaction "I thought I caught it." Mina whined and she pouted. Momo couldn't hold her giggles anymore and she started laughing. The blonde to pout even more, her tail moving back and forth. 

 

"It's okay, you'll get it next time." Momo ruffled the hybrid's hair but the blonde continued to pout. Momo shifted a bit on her seat, making her directly face Mina.

 

"I have something important to tell you, about our meeting." 

 

"Oh so the girl that Nayeon and Jeongyeon mentioned knows all about me?" Momo nodded. "Mhm."

 

"Well...what am I then, Momo?" Mina asked the older girl, looking at her with sheer curiousity and interest.

 

"She told me a lot of things. Basically, she told me that you came from an experiment that the government commanded to the Science and Research department to be created." Mina nodded, taking in the new info. 

 

Momo continued, she explained everything that Jihyo told her when they had their talk at school. She explained every detail, while the hybrid just stared at her with a baffled expression, slowly taking in everything.

 

"Oh...so that's how...I was created..." Mina spoke in realisation. Momo was a bit perplexed and surprised. She wonders why Mina seemed like she really didn't know anything that happened before she became a hybrid at all, since she was an actual human before the experiment so she should know what happened in her past. But the hybrid doesn't seem to remember anything.

 

"Mina..." The blonde looked up, her eyes meeting the older's. "Yeah?"

 

"You don't...remember anything? You don't remember your life before you became a hybrid? At all?" Mina shook her head.

 

"The only thing I could remember is when I woke up in a pet clinic when I was still a kitten. I couldn't remember anything before that." Momo's eyebrows knitted together. Strange...maybe she has some of those mind things where they don't remember anything. What's it called? Anesthesia? Anemia? 

 

"Hmmm..." Momo hummed, trying to remember that one word that's at the tip of her tongue.

 

"But I do get dreams." Mina's statement snapped Momo out of her thoughts,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter