Sweet Talker

Meow!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTHING NASTY NOTHING NASTY NOTHING NASTY OKAY

——————————

 

The blonde hybrid slept peacefully. Her eyes shut and unconsciously forming a pout. Mina decided to take a nap right after she ate the meat Momo left for her. She wanted to pass the time while she waited for the older girl to come home.

 

All day she did nothing but read. She's already at the half part of the book. She didn't really want to interact with things that reminded her of Momo, it will make her miss her more.

 

She laid with the book in her embrace. Even though she has the whole bed to herself, she still laid on her side of the bed, leaving the other side empty.

 

The sound of the doorbell cause her ears to stand up high and straight. Her eyes slowly opened after hearing that sudden sound. She got up from where she laid and she went over to the window to check whoever's outside. Her pupils dilated after recognizing the person outside the house.

 

Mina couldn't wait anymore so she rushed down to open the door and greet the person she had been waiting for the whole day.

 

"MOMORING, YOU'RE BACK!" Mina didn't hesitate to hug the girl tightly just right after she saw her at the door, burying her head on Momo's chest. 

 

The human kid giggled and she hugged back with one arm, her other arm petted Mina's head. The hybrid giggled from the gesture. The two adorable kids didn't let go while Momo entered the house and she used her left arm to close the door. 

 

The two girls didn't waste time as they went upstairs to stay in Momo's room for the meantime. The older girl excused herself as she changed her clothes in her bathroom, leaving the hybrid sitting on the bed, waiting. 

 

"How was your day?" Mina softly asked as soon as Momo exited the bathroom clad in comfy clothes. The older sat right next to her on the bed, shrugging in response to the question.

 

"It's alright. Not much really happened and the subjects were pretty boring—wait!" Momo shifted to face the hybrid who was anticipating for what she has to say.

 

"Did you...do my math assignment?" Mina's eyebrows knitted together at the question.

 

"-ssing-m-ment?" Momo shook her head.

 

"I mean, math homework. I opened my notebook and the homework I left unanswered had answers..." Mina looked down, guilt slowly etching on her face.

 

"I'm s-sorry I d-didn't mean to-"

 

"No! I mean..." Momo instantly held on to the younger girl's shoulders, looking at her guilty eyes with consolation. "I actually wanted to thank you. My teacher would've killed me if you didn't answer it." Momo smiled to reassure Mina.

 

"But I'm really curious though" Momo pulled her hands away from the blonde's shoulders. "How were you able to answer it though?" 

 

Mina just answered nonchalantly with a shrug. "I just knew how..."

 

"You knew how to solve percentage and discounts?" Momo asked in disbelief. Mina's mouth parted, about to answer something but she closed it, after she was unable to come up with something.

 

Momo pondered for a moment. Strange, she has a high skill in solving problems like these but she had been a cat for so long. She shook her head decided to change the subject. "Well...how about we play something to pass the time."

 

"TEKKEN!" Mina yelled in excitement. Momo playfully groaned but she then smiled instead. The hybrid sat on Momo's bedroom floor while the other girl set up the console. 

 

"I'm going to beat you, Mina. I promise." Momo declared with full assurance,with her eyes burning with determination. Mina only replied with a giggle.

 

"It's on, Momoring!"

 

 

 

In a blink of an eye, the two started to butcher their controller buttons as fast as they can. Their characters started to brawl each other, throwing punches and kicks in a rapid motion. Their health bars decreasing very quickly, especially Momo's character.

 

"YAY! I WIN!" Mina happily raised her hand to the air, celebrating her victory once again. Momo harshly dropped her controller in frustration.

 

"Ugh! How do you keep on winning?!" Momo whined while Mina continued to celebrate. 

 

"Don't worry Momo, you'll win next time." Mina simply gave a grin and the older reacted with a sigh and a small smile forming on her lips. Momo was still ambitious for the next 30 minutes. Them playing went on until Momo realized that trying now is pointless, since Mina won all of the rounds.

 

"Ugh!" Momo whined and sighed.  "I give up." She tossed her controller aside and she got up from where she sat. The hybrid chuckled at her companion's actions of retreat. 

 

"Let's do something else—OOH! I know!" Momo abruptly stood up from the bed. She made her way to get her phone and she plopped back next to Mina. 

 

"What is it?" Mina gazed at Momo's phone in curiosity. For a minute, Momo searched a song in Youtube and she stood up once she got the results.

 

"We have a dance performance this Friday, so I have to practice. So...wanna join me to pass the time?" Momo stretched out a hand for Mina to take. Mina shyly scratched her nape. "Errr... I don't really know if I could...dance..." 

 

Momo casted her a smile. "Don't worry! I'll teach you!" The hybrid hummed while she contemplated. "Alright!"  

 

The two girls held hands and the older pulled the latter up from the bed for her to stand up. The kid clapped her hands.

 

"Okay. I guess you should watch me first before I show you how, is it okay with you?" Mina nodded and sat on the floor once again. "It's alright."

 

Momo took a deep breath and she exhaled. She started stretching her arms and legs to prepare herself to do some crazy moves. "Okay, this is how it goes..." 

 

Momo pressed play on her phone and Mr Taxi by Girls' Generation started to play. Her arms and legs moved in such a fluid motion. Her movements were fueled by so much energy, it even shocked Mina. Mina's mouth parted open, completely in awe, eyes lost with how the older moved. 

 

Momo finally halted her moves just right after the music faded. She panted, catching her breath and plopping down on her bed. She wiped some beads of sweat on her forehead with her forearm.

 

"How was it? Is it clear for you?" The older smiled, asking the younger who remained stationary and in shock, the only thing moving in her body is the faint twitching of her cat ears. After 30 seconds of Mina still in trance and not replying, Momo started to wave her hand over the hybrid's eyes.

 

"Hey, Mina, are you still there?" Mina snapped out of her trance.

 

"Ah-uh..." The hybrid nervously trailed off, eyes avoiding the stare of the latter. She gently bit her bottom lip with a light blush covering her cheeks, and she was scratching on her nape.

 

"You...were...y-you really good, Momoring." Momo only gave a giggle and she pulled Mina up, which made the hybrid's blush intensify.

 

"Thank you. I'll help you with the steps now. This is how we do it, Mitang." Mitang. The nickname echoed inside her mind. 

Momo started to demonstrate the movements. Mina easily followed suit with no problem, giving all of her effort to keep with Momo, who was shockingly, a dance machine.

 

"Wow! You're actually pretty good! You just got the steps just by watching me!" Momo exclaimed in amazement. She grabbed her phone which was laying on her bed. "Let's try dancing to it with music." Momo pressed play on the song and it started to blare from the phone's speakers.

 

Mina moved so elegantly. Momo noted it.

 

For someone who only learned the dance steps in one sitting, she moved with no mistake, like she danced for the rest of her life. What really surprises Momo is that Mina somewhat has some technique going on with how she danced.

 

Don't forget, she started off as a kitten in this book.

 

So kittens do dance! Momo smiled and celebrated internally. She completely enjoyed dancing (and watching) with Mina dance until they finally finished the song with sweaty foreheads, exhausted limbs and them collapsing on the soft queen sized bed.

 

"You surprised me, Mina. You danced very well and you did it so perfectly! Wow!" Momo hollered in amazement, while wiping away some sweat from her forehead. Mina felt heat creeping up on her cheeks and she started hiding her face in her hands to hide her flustered expression. 

 

"Thank you, Momo." Mina thanked with a muffled voice. Momo chuckled as she tried to remove Mina's hands from hiding her blushing face.

 

"You shouldn't hide your face ya know. You look really really cute." Momo gazed at the blushing and shy hybrid, who's cat ears were twitching a bit and her tail tucked between her legs. The younger girl also had some beads of sweat on her forehead, Momo took note of that.

 

"Well, we're all sweaty and all, maybe we should take a bath." Momo stood up from the bed and she made her way to the her closet to get some clothes. Mina blinked twice, with her eyes widening, taking in what Momo just said.

 

"B...B-bath?" Momo nodded while she got two sets of clothes, one for her and one for Mina. "Yeah, a bath."

 

Mina started fidgeting nervously, her ears twitching even more. "Bath...with water?" Momo giggled at her question.

 

"Yeah? How else would we take a bath? Don't act like you haven't bathed before..." Momo's eyes widened and she turned to the now, fidgeting even more, hybrid.

 

"Mina...don't tell me..." Mina whimpered and she hugged her knees closer to her chest. "I'm...I don't like water...so...I-I don't..."

 

Momo looked at her with concern, also in amusement because Mina's cat side is showing. She just let out a chuckle and she walked towards the frightened hybrid, kneeling right in front of her. 

"Don't worry, Mina. We have to take a bath you know. If we don't...weird germ thingies will spread all over your body and you'll get sick." Momo softly ruffled Mina's blonde hair, also petting her ears to calm her down. 

 

"Let's take a bath then, together. I'll protect you from the bad water." Mina held the older kid's hand. "Promise?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter