seven.

Love, Seungwan

Tteok Rabbit (Before Kyungsoo’s departure to America)

Kyungsoo played with his finger while waiting for Seungwan in the playground of their school, his class was dismissed early and Seungwan’s class would end in about ten minutes. His mom gave him extra money to treat his crush in their favorite snack shop. “Go and eat tteokbokki with Seungwan.” His mom instructed him before handing him bills, some of his classmates greeted him when they passed by him and told him to be careful on his flight.

When he saw her descending from the flight of stairs, Kyungsoo immediately ran up to her and held her hand to assist her. Seungwan was a klutz and there were numerous cases that she would fall down on this particular set of stairs so he was always on the lookout to help her. Seungwan had a small pout which could either mean she had a fight with one of her classmates or she was hungry, Kyungsoo asked her to make sure. “Why is this baby pouty?” Seungwan didn’t answer then walked beside Kyungsoo. “I’ll feed you with tteokbokki and you better replace that pout with a smile.” He said calmly before noticing that Seungwan held his hand as well.

They entered the snack shop and their favorite grandma attended to them. “Ah, the cuties are here.” Grandma Somin said before giving them both a pat on the head which made the two giggle. “Ahh, grandma. I’d like to order two servings of tteokbokki and fried snacks too.” Kyungsoo ordered respectfully before bowing his head down a little. “Alright, Soo.” Grandma replied, turning her back against them to go to the kitchen.

“So, what happened?” Kyungsoo asked once more when they were all settled, Seungwan was beside him and her arms were crossed. “I had a fight with one of the mean girls, I was just watching her write her name and she suddenly raised her voice at me!” He can see that it clearly angered her since she was the type to make friends easily but this one particular girl whose name is Paige, doesn’t like her. “Aw, poor Wannie.” He cooed. “She even told everyone not to be friends with me.” The cue for Seungwan’s waterworks which made Kyungsoo panic, she was crying beside him and it always made his knees weak. He hated seeing her cry so he wrapped his short arms around her then just let her cry. Grandma was serving the snacks on the table when she saw the cute scenario and it made her heart leap with joy, these two would look great together, she thought.

Two minutes and a heartbeat later, Seungwan stopped crying after inhaling the delicious scent of the food on their table. She detached herself from his hold then picked up the chopsticks to eat, Kyungsoo adored her that way. Food always made everything better for gloomy and sad days, her stuffed cheeks were too irresistible so he poked it with his index finger before eating with her. “Wannie, you’ll wait for me until I get back, right?” Seungwan nodded her head then stared at him. “I also want you to know that I like you, Wannie.”