one.

Love, Seungwan

 

Graduation Ball (June 2019)

Mingyu and Chaeyeon are matchmade in heaven.

That was what seungwan thought as she watched the two exchange a loving smile while they danced to a romantic song. Chaeyeon looked so ethereal in a white dress, and Mingyu looked like her prince charming; it didn't help her case that the two won the King and Queen of the Night. The soft illumination from the strobe lights made the pair radiate even more, adding another pang to her already broken heart. 

They are perfect for each other.

She was sure everyone agrees but her heart.

She was still in love with her ex-boyfriend yet she knew she had no chance to compete with someone as beautiful as Chaeyeon. She felt sad that she doesn't look as good when she's wearing a dress, in fact, she looked awkward in it. She wanted to cry while she tortured herself watching the two being sweet. She wanted to hold his hand and kiss him, but that was a far-fetched dream never going to happen again.

Misunderstanding separated them but it clearly was a good thing for Mingyu, seeing that he had chosen a wonderful girl for himself, unlike Seungwan who has been wallowing in sadness and drowning herself with alcohol to forget how empty it feels without him.

She looked at him lovingly from a few steps away, shook her head when she realized she was staring. He was looking so jovial that got her smiling. She used to make him happy too..

"Hey, miss. Do you mind if i bring you to the dance floor so we can dance? You've been drinking alcohol by yourself and I am amused.. not that if you reject my offer, I'll feel sad but I'll respect your decision." She was too busy gawking at the perfect couple that she didn't notice the man coming up to her with his outstretched hand.

"Oh-- well, I guess I need a break from drinking. I think the bartender has officially issued a don't-serve-a-drink-to-the-blonde" Seungwan laughed awkwardly and took the male's hand. "You were busy staring at the visual couple that you were completely unaware that a few guys approached you, you know. I just tried my luck, I guess I'm lucky." The guy chimed in which made her pout. "I wont deny that! It's just that I want a relationship like them, okay!! Nothing else." She nervously bit her lip, suddenly afraid that she might be recognized as the bitter ex who can't move on.

The two danced to the beat of the romantic song, Seungwan surprisingly not stepping on her partner's foot. She was someone whose feet are both left, a bad dancer too. Her head was slightly spinning but she has already decided that once they stopped waltzing, she would go back and order more drinks. "I'm Kyungsoo, by the way."

Her head perked up when he gave her hand a firm squeeze and she was almost cried at the way he looked at her, it was solemn and peaceful, the type you would find yourself in a heap of trouble for confiding all the repressed memories. "It's nice to meet you, Kyungsoo." Seungwan mumbled in a low voice, a sad smile flashing on her visage. "It looks like you have a lot on your shoulder right now, Seungwan. Want to ditch the grad ball and go have a late night picnic with me?"