four.

Love, Seungwan

Tw// mentions of mental health and overbearing thoughts. please skip if itwill trigger your own thoughts. for summary, seungwan let herself feel and weep. she is able to get closure from mingyu.

Seungwan’s Room (Midnight of Graduation Ball)

After discovering that Kyungsoo was indeed Pororo, Seungwan let herself get distracted by the thought of Mingyu and how they ended their relationship. Kyungsoo said she should let her feelings out so in the middle of the night, Seungwan hugged her plushie and cried. Her heart was breaking into pieces, the back of her hand covering to stifle her sobs. Breathing was difficult, it felt like shards of glasses were in her lungs. She laid on her bed while she stared at the ceiling, beads of tears streaming down her face. Relationships were like flowers, you had to take good care of it or else it will wither; that’s what happened. Seungwan’s mental health was unhealthy and she kept on having relapses, she just wanted to have a sense of belongingness and during one of her mental breakdowns, she gave Mingyu the chance to leave since he said he can’t continue to see her cry over and over again.

She wanted help but getting professional help needed money and they were cash strapped. Mingyu left because of her unresolved issues, it was not his fault. It was hers. It was hers. It was hers. Seungwan continued to cry at the memory, she wondered if things would be different if she had tried to subdue her feelings that one fateful night, but she knew that if she just buried it deep down, it would result to something more painful. Maybe it was the best, for her to heal alone and find her purpose. She wasn’t hard to love, in fact, she was so easy to love that people try to convince her that her thoughts meant nothing. Seungwan spent two hours crying over herself and their relationship, she let herself weep and mourn over the lose of connection, but once her head was clear, she took a deep breath and stood up.

She wiped her tears away from her face and told herself. “I will live and find myself.” Her phone rang and she was surprised to find Mingyu calling her, she answered the call and listened quietly. “Seungwan, I’m sorry for leaving you before. I just realized that it was inconsiderate of me to do that while you were having a breakdown but it was too much for me to handle.” His voice cracked, but he continued. “It was not your fault. It was no one’s fault, I was too immature to be of help. I didn’t look for ways to help you and thought about my feelings instead, of how it seemed that I couldn’t make you happy.” Seungwan shook her head before whispering. “No, you were good at handling me before, Mingyu. I’m sorry that I left my thoughts get the best of me, I hope that you will forgive yourself too.”

They talked about everything in the same night and Seungwan felt lighter than ever. She had the closure she needed and it was more than enough for her.

-

Seungwan didn’t leave her room until lunch time, she tried her best to make her eyes look normal and not swollen but she had failed. Her mom had noticed the moment she stepped on the dining room, she was immediately pulled into a hug and brought to the table. “My aegi.. Are you feeling better?” She just nodded her head in response and stared at the food on the table, her mom cooked her favorites. “Mom, you already knew that I was gonna crave for this, hm?” Her mom gave her chopsticks. “Of course, I know you so well. Please, eat to your heart’s content.”

While eating, she remembered Pororo (Kyungsoo), ‘Mom, I thought Pororo’s name is Taero..” Her mom gently hit her arm. “What? You didn’t know his name Kyungsoo???” She bit her bottom lip. “I’ve been calling him Kyungsoo every time I catch you on a video call with him.. and all this time, you thought his name is Taero?” Her mom chuckled. “Anyway, what’s with him?” Seungwan finished her food before continuing. “We saw each other last night! He’s back from America.”

Her mom ushered her to the bathroom after eating and she suddenly remembered the time when Pororo and her ran under the rain. It was one of the most fun times with him, their parents got so mad because they were really drenched in rain. Seungwan got sick the day after that and Kyungsoo didn't fail to visit her every time he comes home from school. 

"Wannie, I will take care of you." was his line most of the time.