six.

Love, Seungwan

Charity Hotel (July 2019)

Almost two weeks after their graduation, Seungwan had consulted with most of her friends to check if she had made a comprehensive resume that will be entertained by companies. Kyungsoo and Seungwan kept in touch with each other, she apologized to him for not keeping in touch after all this years. They agreed to meet again this afternoon after she’s done with her interview with one of the most prestige hotel in Korea. Charity Hotel is known for its large volume of foreign tourists and their topnotch service, Seungwan specifically went to an international university for this reason, she wanted to work for a hotel that caters to foreign tourists since she wanted to experience meeting different kinds of people, in Korea they were taught that they were only a single race. She wanted to meet diverse people and learn from them.

Seungwan was a bundle of nerves when she sat in front of the interviewer in the conference room, her green polo shirt was ironed to perfection and her thick, black locks were pulled into a ponytail. In short, she was the best of herself today. “So, tell me about yourself, Miss Wendy.” The interviewer who introduced herself as Miss Jessica smiled encouragingly at her. “I’ve graduated in an international university with honors, have practiced speaking English almost since I was 8 years old, and I got an internship in Seoul Hotel.” Seungwan spoke in English fluently but the bit of accent could still be noted. “Oh, Seoul Hotel? That’s a great company, why didn’t you apply in that hotel?” Miss Jessica asked, scribbling notes on her resume. “Actually, I have tried to apply there but they told me there’s no opening. I heard someone with connection got hired though.” She bit her lip then looked down, Miss Jessica only chuckled.

“Ah, yes. It’s a difficult pill to swallow but rest assured that we don’t do that here. We only pick the suitable candidates for the job whether or not based on their qualifications.” Miss Jessica continued to circle and take down notes on the form then smiled. “I’ll be pleased to inform you that you passed your interview with me, please prepare for another interview with a week. Fighting, Miss Wendy!” She smiled widely at the lady in front of her then bowed her head. She went out of the conference room and Miss Jessica was trailing behind her.

Seungwan slowed down her pace then looked at Miss Jessica. “Oh, don’t mind me. I’ll endorse your profile now.” Miss Jessica waived her hand at her before taking a right to another room while Seungwan continued to walk out of the hall. She looked at her phone and it was 4:11 pm, Kyungsoo told her that he was going to pick her up with his car in the hotel but she told him that her interview might end at 4:30. She still had 19 minutes to wait so she walked out of the lobby then made her way to the set of golden chairs in front of the hotel. She played with her phone and waited, not noticing how Kyungsoo went out of his car then made his way towards her. She got completely surprised when he touched her shoulder gently then smiled.

“Seungwan.” Kyungsoo sat beside her then looked ahead. “Hey, Soo! You’re early?? It’s only 4:15?” She poked his arm with her index finger then stood up. “Yeah, I was here since 4pm.” He let out a soft chuckle then tilted his head up. “Do you want to go now?” Seungwan nodded her head then waited for Kyungsoo, she followed him quietly to his car. When she was already seated in the passenger seat, she looked at him again. “Why are you so early?” She asked while fiddling with the seatbelt’s buckle. “I didn’t want you to wait in case you finished early.” Kyungsoo replied then leaned closer to her to help with the buckle. Once he has successfully fastened her seatbelt, he the car and revved it up.

“Kyungsoo, up to this day, you still surprise me. Remember when you stacked up flowers on our hideout to cheer me up?” She rested her head against the window then stared outside. “Yes, I do. I remember how your face lit up. You were happy back then.” Kyungsoo followed the GPS instructions and made a left towards a street. “Are we going to our favorite tteokbokki snack shop before?” Seungwan inquired when she noticed the familiar set of shops. “Is it still even open, Pororo? It’s been more than 10 years.” Kyungsoo just hummed in parked in front of the shop.

Seungwan gasped, exhilarated over the fact that the snack shop that they both used to go to when they come home from school is still open and doing good business. Seungwan unbuckled her belt then almost seemingly jumping out of the car. “I’ve never been this excited this year, Soo!” She declared while waiting for him.