two.

Love, Seungwan

Kyungsoo and Seungwan dropped by the convenience store to buy snacks for their picnic in Seoul Garden, she picked her favourites like kimbap, cheetos, ramyun, and strawberry milk. Leaving the graduation ball was an easy feat, the guards didn't even bother to stop them when they passed through the gate. She couldn't help thinking about Mingyu warily looking at her when she took a last look at them. She flashed a big smile at him before walking away.

She mindlessly brought the items to the cashier and paid for it, not realizing that Kyungsoo was beside her. He waved his hand in front of her face, even resulting to snapping a finger to get her out of trance.

"Deep into imagine land, Seungwan?" His voice was sweet like honey, she hadn't noticed it while they were dancing because of the loud music. "Not really, I was thinking if I should buy beer again." Kyungsoo shook his head and handed over to her the hangover drink he bought. "No more for you. Drink that instead." She pursed her lips into a thin line before taking it from him. The cashier handed the items back to her and she slid in her eco bag.

Their school was near Seoul Garden so it only took a few minutes walk to reach the park. The wind had a crisp bite to it and it made her shudder, but as soon as she saw the flora and fauna surrounding the park, she instantly felt at peace. 

They found an illuminated spot on the grass, the sound of the cicadas filling the night. They sat on one of the benches before laying down their snacks, Seungwan opened the hangover drink and downed its contents in one shot. "Kyungsoo, do you think destiny exists?" Seungwan tore an opening in her bag of cheetos. 

Kyungsoo nodded his head, his cheeks bulging a little from eating a big bite of the egg sandwich. He wiped his heart shaped lips before speaking. "Yes, I think it exists, but not in the way we think it does. We all think that our destinies are all written, but personally, I believe that we create our own." Seungwan blinked before urging him on to continue. "We have the power to write our own destiny, every choice means a path opening. Let's see." Kyungsoo tapped his chin. "If you stayed in the graduation ball, you would have went home with a heavy heart, but since you went with me, you created another path for yourself. I do wish you won't regret this though, it'll be a bummer for me to be considered a bad luck." 

She offered some cheetos to him before she gazed at the stars. "Actually, Mingyu is my ex-boyfriend." Kyungsoo just looked at her, giving her time to vent. "We broke up because of a misunderstanding and we weren't able to patch it up. I haven't taken a single step forward since then, everything reminds me of him. It's just so bizarre to wake up one day and completely lose any chances to be with him again." She heaved a sigh, her voice cracking as tears welled up in her eyes.

"You can't move on because you are always replaying the scenarios in your head. The what ifs make it hard for you, Seungwan." Kyungsoo reached for the box of tissues he bought in the convenience store, his instincts told him that he might need it tonight. Seungwan took the box of tissues, picked up one piece, and wiped her eyes. "Yes, the what ifs. What if he wakes up one day and realize that he still loves me?" Kyungsoo poked her strawberry milk with a straw and handed it over to her. He looked like a babysitter for the brokenhearted girl, but given that he had nursed his friends when they went home from a drinking session, singing their hearts out to some sad song, he clearly didn't mind.

"Seungwan, you shouldn't repress your feelings. Don't try to hide the pain and just feel it. Have you even cried your heart out when you two have broken up?" She shook her head, her eyes glistening from the tears. The moonlight casted a subtle glow to her blonde hair and it made her look like a fairy. "Then I suggest that once you go home, you should let yourself weep. It won't get away, you know. Your love for him will always be there even after years of moving on, you will always love him but what you will learn is to be able to live without him." A gentle smile ghosted Kyungsoo's lips that quite reached his eyes.

They spent an hour in the park just munching on the snacks and making sure to tidy up after eating. Seungwan's phone buzzed and she saw her mom's message.

Mingyu told me you left the ball early, please reply to me once you've received this message. I'm worried. love, mom.

Kyungsoo was leaning against the bench with his eyes closed, he was humming a soft tune while Seungwan typed a reply for her mother.

I'm okay, mom. Be home by 11 pm. Love u.

Seungwan didn't want to disturb Kyungsoo, he had gone from simple humming to serenading. He was singing a song in English but she hasn't heard it before. His voice was smooth like honey and the soft noise from the cicadas were making his voice sound lovelier. 

When you were racing like a cannonball
In roller skates and sky blue
Or in the backseat watching the slow rain falling
I was on my way to find you


I gotta find out who I'm meant to be
I don't believe in destiny
But with every word you swear to me
All my beliefs start caving in
And I feel something's about to change

Kyungsoo must have sensed her quietness that he suddenly sat upright and apologized. "I'm sorry, I must have sounded like a toad." 

Seungwan waved her hand before chuckling. "Goodness, my sister sounds like a toad when singing but your voice isn't even close to her. What's the song you sang, Kyungsoo?" He let out a hearty laugh before replying. "Oh, it's To Find You. It's a song in a movie called Sing Street." Seungwan nodded her head and made a mental note to watch the movie when she reaches home.

"Given that it's already late, will you let me accompany you to the bus stop? I know you're a grown up and can handle herself but my old man taught me to always accompany people until I'm sure that they will come home safely." Seungwan couldn't stop him from rambling, he was defending himself but she knew he was the kind of person who would understand if she ever turns him down.

"I don't mind, Kyungsoo. I think my mom will appreciate it." She smiled at him before they got up and walked towards the bus stop. They exchanged phone numbers, Kyungsoo putting his own nickname on her contacts.

Seungwan hadn't noticed it until she received a message from it when she had finally boarded the bus, it was just a simple reminder to keep safe but the name seemed oddly familiar.

Pororo..

Damn it, how had she completely forgotten Do Kyungsoo? Her childhood friend who went to America when he was 9 years old!