(Twice AU) Satzu: I wanted to ask you out on a date.

Office workers (?)

 

 

“Chewy~yah!!”

Tzuyu immediately looked up, but quickly pretended she didn’t when she realized whose voice it was that called her.

“Chewy!” Sana said excitedly as she suddenly appeared beside the younger girl, startling her, but Tzuyu easily masked it from practice by feigning nonchalance.

“What is it unnie?” The younger girl pretends to be preoccupied with paperwork in front of her that she couldn’t focus on anymore but was forcing herself to stare at.

“My friend from highschool opened a cafe!”

“Hm? Really?” Tzuyu said, flipping to another page hoping for something to make any sort of connection to what work productivity deems useful information.

“Yes!”

“Okay,” Tzuyu’s eyebrows furrow as she stops turning a page mid way, “Why are you telling me this?”

Tzuyu looks to her side and regrets it immediately when she’s met with the bright smile she’d purposefully be avoiding to see.

“I was hoping you could come with me after work today!” The older woman’s eyes sparkle with anticipation.

“I-..” Tzuyu froze as her brain loaded.

‘Say something! Say anything, just not yes! Tell her to go with someone else-’

“You won’t?” Sana’s smile fell into a pout.

“Okay,” The response comes without hesitation within less than a second.

‘You idiot! Tell her to go with Dahyun unnie! She would’ve! What is wrong with you-’

Sana’s eyebrows raise in surprise and a dopey smile splays across her lips, “O-okay, I’ll pick you up after work!”

“O-okay,” Tzuyu stiffly turns back forward, her expression indifferent as her body functions robotically. 

She was blankly staring at the papers that might as well have been solid colors when she eventually realized that there was still someone standing beside her.

“Is something wrong Sana unnie?” Tzuyu asks as she looks towards Sana fidgeting with her hands.

“O-oh, well,”

Tzuyu’s brain shut down when Sana bit her bottom lip.

“Chewy~ah?”

“Yes unnie?” The younger girl responds monotonically as none of the visual information her eyes are seeing is being processed. 

“You…” Tzuyu was not used to the older girl hesitating and was able to focus fearing that Sana was approaching a more serious topic.

“What is it unnie?” Tzuyu asks intently.

Sana shut her eyes as she tightly clasped her hands in each other, “You do know this is a date, right? I wanted to ask you out on a date,”

‘Date...DATE?!?’ Tzuyu’s eyes widen and Sana’s breath hitches at the younger girl’s shocked face.

‘Stupid! Stupid!’ The older girl thought as she felt tears coming to her eyes.

“Date as in, like gay?” Sana felt her heart crack from the uncertainty in the younger’s tone.

“Y-yeah,” The older girl’s voice cracked as she tried to force back tears, ‘Don’t cry! You knew this would happen!’

Tzuyu’s mouth fell agape as she stared at the older.

“You...You want to go on a date, like an actual date, with me?” Tzuyu said surprisedly with no particular emotion besides that.

“Y-yes?” Sana’s tears receded as she watched the younger girl’s jaw tremble.

“Alright,” Tzuyu responds as she suddenly turns back towards her desk.

She closes and gulps as she picks up the papers from before and straightens the sheets with shaking hands.

“Alright?” Sana repeats, having been burned enough times to not get too excited before she’s absolutely sure.

“Y-yeah, I’ll see you after work,”

“A-alright! It’s a date!” Sana smiles widely, “I’ll drop by your cubicle to pick you up?”

“Y-yeah,” Tzuyu stiffly nods her head as she continues to tray and organize the papers in her hands that only seem to be getting more unkempt.

“W-well,” Sana lightly clears , “I’ll see you after work,”

“Y-yeah.” Tzuyu responds once again, still not looking anywhere but right in front of her.

“Bye Chewy~ah,”

“Goodbye unnie,” The younger replies softly, causing a warm smile to overtake Sana’s lips as she turns to leave.

After a few moments Tzuyu glances up to make sure the older girl is gone.

‘Sana unnie just asked me out on a date. Sana unnie just asked me out on a date! SANA UNNIE IS TAKING ME ON A DATE!’ The girl thought as a wide smile spread across her face.

She suddenly realized she must look like a creep and cleared . She tried to keep her face stoic but she couldn’t help the small smile that kept appearing on her face no matter how many times she forced it down. 

‘She likes me too! She actually likes me the way I like her!’ The thought made the usual cold and indifferent Chou Tzuyu a smiling idiot for the rest of the day. 

 

“Satang, you okay?” Momo asks as her friend walks out of the bathroom.

“Amazing, why?” Sana replied, beaming.

“O-oh, well you were yelling really loudly in the restroom,” Momo commented simply.

“I was?” Sana replied surprisedly.

“Y-yeah, you sure you’re okay?” Momo says as she noticed her friend was subtly shaking.

“Give me a few moments Momoring,” Sana says with a tight lipped smile before walking back into the bathroom.

“SHE SAID YES! SHE ING SAID YES! SHE DID! I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS!! I’M SO HAPPY I COULD DIE!!!”

“Oh-” Momo quickly covered her ears from the loud screams, “I’ll just ask her later then,”

 

-------------------------------

A note: If it says (Twice AU) it means it's part of the larger story, if it just says Short [Insert #] then it is unrelated.

Just figured y'all should know.