Saranghaneun Naui Sarama

Met you at the right time

Yoo Yeonseok was embarrassed. This was the first time he had ever made a mistake like that and he didn’t know where to hide his face. Even in that situation, he put his coat on her and slowly walked her out as PD-nim already okayed the scene.

“I’m sorry,” Yeonseok murmured as they were walking out.

“…”

“Hyunbeen-ah, are you okay? I’m sorry. Please say something.”

“…”

“Been-ah!”

She chuckled. Yeonseok stood perplexed. She started laughing out loud, slapping his arm at times. He could feel himself shaking.

“Oppa, did we just get an okay in the first take itself?”

“Huh?” he replied, confused. “Yea, I guess.”

She laughed again. “Daebak! I wasn’t even in my right mind when Junwan came in,” she said. He could see her cheeks getting redder and he doubted if that was real. “Oppa, that was amazing. You really are a kiss master.”

Yeonseok sighed. “Shin Hyunbeen,” he said in a slightly serious tone. She looked up at him with an expectant expression. “Come with me,” he said as he caught her hand and pulled her to Ahn Jeongwon’s outpatients visiting room.

Hyunbeen was checking out the newly formed mark on her neck in the washroom mirror while the one who gave the mark laid out nine varieties of kids’ band-aids for her to choose from.

“Oppa, am I a kid?” Hyunbeen scoffed. “Also, I don’t need a band-aid. I’m not hurt. I can just wear a coat or scarf and cover it up.”

By the time she answered, he already chose a Pororo designed one and was trying to figure out which angle would be better to cover it all up. Once he decided, he put it on her. “There, it’s done,” he said smiling.

“Thank you, Ahn Jeongwon-ssi,” she said stifling a laugh.

 

That night, Yeonseok was trying to sleep but was disturbed by certain someone’s breathy Oppa playing in his head repeatedly. He was fighting the urge to call that someone when his phone buzzed with a message. It was from someone themselves.

It was a picture of the Pororo band-aid stuck in a book which looked like her diary and on top he could read in her hand writing, “From Ahn Jeongwon.. <3”.

It was followed by her message: Putting this in here as a keepsake. Good night, Ahn Jeongwon. :)

Yeonseok couldn’t stop his smile from spreading and his heart from swelling. He was delightedly giggling and rolling in his bed until his phone buzzed with another message from the same person.

Oh, I forgot. And this.. is a keepsake for you. *insert picture of her long marked neck*

Good night, Yoo Yeonseok.