Geu Sumanheun Saramdeuljunge

Met you at the right time

Yeonseok pulled the chair out for her like the gentleman he was and sat down opposite to her.

“You didn’t have to, oppa. It’s okay,” she said smiling at him.

“Oh, why not, it’s our Gyeoulie’s first date with Jeongwon,” he joked, earning him a smug stop-with-the-nonsense snigger from her. Always so fierce.

His eyes slowly observed her details. She looked very pretty in her white top and jeans with her hair braided, light makeup for a casual meet. Simple and beautiful, just the way he likes. It was the first time he was meeting her after realizing his feelings for her and it was certainly different. He was nervous but excited and he loved this feeling.

“You look as pretty as always, Hyunbeen-ah. How have you been?” he asked.

“I’ve been pretty,” she said, bringing her hands up to cup her face and batting eyelids rapidly. She cringed immediately and he couldn’t stop laughing. “Don’t laugh!!! I think I’ll become more shameless by the end of season 3. I should stop hanging out with you.”

“I didn’t ask you to do that! Don’t blame me,” he protested, still unable to stop laughing.

“IT’S THE ENERGY. IT JUST FLOWS!” she said and pouted. Her face was turning redder by the second in embarrassment.

“Okay, okay, I’ll stop laughing. But in my defence, you cringed by yourself and that made it funnier,” he said while turning the glasses up and pouring water for the both of them. “Also, you can never reach my level of shamelessness. Nice try, though. That was cute.”

She took a small bow. “Thank you very much, sir,” she said with a very sarcastic smile. “Now, how have you been? It’s so nice to see you again.”

“Hmm.. same here. Thanks to you, I’ve been doing okay even in my busy schedules,” he said. He just can’t stop with the flirting game.

“Sir, I think you’ll do better in your busy schedules if you don’t waste your time talking to me,” she said, shrugging.

Does that mean she doesn’t want me to talk to her? He doesn’t know what expression he had on his face but it definitely brightened up as she said, smiling– “I mean, I do enjoy talking to you. I’m just worried if you’re sleeping enough or not.”

“That’s really sweet of you,” he said and handed her the menu from the table. “Shall we order?”

“Yes.”

Once their order came, Yeonseok tried to click pictures of the neatly decorated pasta. He silently clicked her pictures too because he couldn’t resist and it came out really well so he showed it to her.

“Oppa, this is really pretty. Can you click from my phone too?” she said giving it to him.

“Our Gyeoulie’s eating show real version. Action!” he said and clicked as she tried to stifle her laughter.

They spoke more about many things as they ate – his upcoming works and what she was up to. She already had many new projects awaiting her confirmation and she’s taking it really slow. They also spoke about their friends and he casually asked if she was interested in seeing anyone. She said she was not against the idea of dating.

“Why, will you set me up with someone?” she asked him.

 “Well, if I know someone who’s worthy of you, I would,” he said. What a JOKE!

“I think I’m the type to meet someone coincidentally and fall in love rather than a going to a blind date. You know, probably while travelling.”

“Hmm.. me too,” he said totally understanding. That was totally one of his fantasies too. Maybe he should take her travelling with him sometime. Travelling together could actually be a very intimate thing to do with someone you love.

“Do you think Gyeoul and Jeongwon also like travelling like us?” she asked him. This was another thing he liked about her. She’s always trying to think about what her character might like or dislike just like he does.

“I know for a fact that Jeongwon does. And he could put Gyeoul in his pocket and take her along.”

“Jeongwon is really a thief. Dating an 11 years younger girl! He’s living the life!” she exclaimed.

“Wait a second. We have only 2 years but Gyeoul and Jeongwon have 11 years. Do I really look 11 years older than you?” he asked, suddenly curious.

“Yes,” she said and shrugged.

Yeonseok suddenly got up saying, “Thank you for the meal. I’ll see you in the shooting.” And she cackled. He was a fool for asking the savage queen such questions.

She let her hair down after she was done eating and she looked prettier than before. He wondered how that was possible.

They discussed more about travelling and photography and he showed her some pictures. While she was lost looking at his phone, he clicked more pictures of her from her phone.

Soon it was sadly the time for them to leave and he gave her a side hug while saying goodbye.

After reaching home, he saw her texts: Oppa, you clicked more pics? They’re really good. Can I upload them on insta? Your phone is in the pics though. K

He replied: Whatever makes our Hyunbeenie happy. J