Naega Jikyeo Jundago

Met you at the right time

Yeonseok.exe has stopped working.

He only asked her if she was feeling cold and expected a yes or no to his question but her answer was out of context so it took him a while to realize that she was actually not answering his question. Now about what she said – WHAT DID SHE SAY?

“I’m sorry,” she said. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said it.” She got up from her seat, shaking her head wearing a regretful expression.

For now, Yeonseok quickly grabbed her hand to stop her from going away from him because he wanted her to stay close to him. He was still trying to figure out where all of that came from because he was preparing to confess, not to receive a confession instead.

He wanted to say he liked her too but he couldn’t say a word. He got up from his seat as well and stood in front of her. She looked up at him apologetically. “I’m sorry,” she said again.

Yeonseok felt bad. He wanted her to stop apologising. He wanted to say tell her but instead he grabbed her by her face and kissed her lips.

Yeonseok thought that he was meant to play as Ahn Jeongwon and meet this perfect woman who played Jang Gyeoul. There was a reason why none of his other relationships worked out in his 36 years of life. It was to have that perfect kiss on that fateful Christmas night with this beautiful woman and fall in love with her.

Now that same woman told him that she liked him too and he didn’t know if there could be a bigger sign from the universe telling him that they were meant to be together. He wanted to say he liked her too but he felt it was wrong.

Because he didn’t just like her. He loved her.

He kissed her slowly, taking his time to cherish the first kiss they shared as themselves. His heart was swelling with joy as he slowly realized that this woman was his from now on. She broke away from the soft kiss, cheeks red and eyes blinking, looking at him as if waiting for his answer.

He took her hand in his and said, “Shin Hyunbeen, will you please be my girlfriend?”

A smile spread on her face, forming dimples on her cheeks as she slowly nodded. He engulfed the pretty girl (now his girlfriend) in his arms and he felt the most content he ever felt in his life. Finally.

That winter night was special. Because it was peculiarly warm.

The staff who were slowly joining them to start the arrangements for the shooting interrupted their lonely celebration. Yeonseok and Hyunbeen sat down at the table to rehearse the script, trying to contain their exploding joy. Luckily, the scene was also a happy one so they were allowed to smile. Soon, PD-nim joined them and as soon as he looked at them, he narrowed his eyes saying, “What are these different vibes I’m getting here from you both? What did you do?”

Yeonseok looked at a Hyunbeen who was not as surprised as him before looking back at the PD-nim.

“Did you guys drink?” PD-nim asked. They both nodded, relieved that it was just about the wine.

“And you kissed?” PD-nim asked slowly so only they could hear. Yeonseok shook his head no but Hyunbeen nodded a yes so Yeonseok quickly changed his answer to yes, making both PD-nim and Hyunbeen laugh.

“So you finally confessed to each other?” PD-nim questioned them, and this time, both of them were surprised.

“How did you-” Hyunbeen tried to question.

“I was just joking but looks like I found out something,” said PD-nim, excited at his discovery. “Anyway, I knew it would eventually happen, knowing the two of you. Congratulations.”

They shyly smiled and muttered thank you. Yeonseok looked at the director with gratitude in his eyes and received a knowing smile in response. He was grateful to him for more than just the congratulations.

“Shall we start then?” PD-nim announced to everyone and the filming began. “Action.”

Yeonseok brought Hyunbeen to the dark terrace to surprise her. She looked tired after having a long day, covering up for all the staff who were off duty for Christmas. She only expected that they’d enjoy some skin ship in the dark but was surprised to see the arrangements he made when the terrace started lighting up slowly.

“Omo, Gyosunim, this is so beautiful,” she said, with eyes starting to tear up.

“It’s so easy to please you, Gyeoul-ah,” he said from behind her, smiling. He hugged her from the back, leaned on her shoulder and asked, “Do you like what you’re seeing?”

She nodded and he pecked her cheek from behind causing her to blush. “Me too,” he said while looking only at her.

“Gyeoul-ah,” he whispered in her ear and her heart started racing. He took her left hand in his and slipped a tiny ring on one of her fingers, similar to the one he was already wearing. “Saranghae,” he said.

She wiped her tears and whispered, “Me too.” She turned to face him smiling, “I love you too, Gyosunim.”

“Cut,” shouted the PD-nim.

Yeonseok was quick to leave another peck on her cheek before whispering in her ear, “Today is our first day.”

They were sure they wouldn’t take off the couple rings soon.