Maleopsi Yaksokhalge

Met you at the right time

Yeonseok was done with this. He couldn’t see himself acting like a fool anymore. He wanted to confess as soon as possible but he was scared of rejection. He didn’t feel any reciprocation from her side except for that one time before he kissed her during the filming. But he dismissed that thinking it could be just her acting. Even if not acting, it could’ve as well been a little heat of the moment thing. She was really an independent person who was very sure of her thoughts and he was sure that if she felt something, it would definitely show in her actions.

One of the days Gyeoul and Jeongwon had a scene with Ikjun, they sat together after filming having the leftover food from Gyeoul’s eating broadcast, joking around about their NGs.

Yeonseok was wiping the table as if he was possessed and Hyunbeen hit his arm saying “Ahn Jeongwon-ssi, you can please stop it now. The filming is over. Ahh, this guy is so frustrating.” Yeonseok sat back listening to her scolding him like his mom.

Jo Jungsuk, who watched them in amusement said, “Wah, he really listens to you without talking back. He NEVER stops when we tell him.”

Yeonseok panicked for a minute until Hyunbeen replied, “I think he’s scared of me because I hit him.”

He nodded excessively and said, “Yes. I need to file a complaint. Where do I go?”

“Then I’ll file one too on behalf of this poor table which probably feels abused due to your excessive cleaning,” Hyunbeen retorted, making Yeonseok pout, but he ultimately gave in looking apologetically at the table and murmured an okay.

“Good boy,” said Hyunbeen, patting his back. They clinked their tumblers cheering for the table’s long life before she left for the day, leaving them to continue their filming.

Yeonseok’s eyes followed her as she left and when he returned to the one he was left with, he met with a pair of eyes that were staring at him smugly.

“What?” he asked.

“You like Hyunbeen, don’t you?” Jo Jungsuk said. Yeonseok stiffened in his seat. “You really are an open book, Yeonseok-ah.”

“What are you talking about, hyung? It’s not like that,” Yeonseok denied.

“You can tell me. I’ll keep it a secret,” he heard his hyung sort of repeating his lines from the earlier season.

Yeonseok thought for a second whether to confess or not before he answered, “Yes. I like her, hyung.” As he said, he realized it was the first time he told anyone about this. This felt more real than before.

Jungsuk covered his mouth in shock. “Daebak! This is awesome! Did you tell her?” Yeonseok shook his head. “Why not? What are you waiting for?”

“Ah, hyung.. I think she doesn’t see me that way.”

“Huh? Should I ask her? I could casually ask her what she thinks of you.”

“You would do that?” Yeonseok’s eyes lit up.

“Of course, I would. Although she could hide her feelings if she doesn’t want to open up. You know Hyunbeen, she’s really careful with her words.” Jungsuk said and Yeonseok nodded. “Unlike someone else here,” he added in a low voice which earned him a mock angry look from Yeonseok. “But Yeonseok-ah, why do you think she doesn’t like you? You’re Yoo Yeonseok. Possibly the most desirable single guy on the set here. Shouldn’t you be a little more confident?”

“Hmm,” Yeonseok said, thinking about the older one’s wise words. “Should I just go all out?” he asked.

“You can do anything you want. Be a bit more bold. I think she’d appreciate boldness.”

 

Therefore, Yeonseok decided to confess. The conversation with his co-star gave him the push he needed. He thought a lot about it and it suddenly made sense. He needed to take an action before it got more dangerous. Also, even if she was not interested in dating him, confessing to her would at least make her consider him seriously for once. One possibility that made Yeonseok decide to act upon his feelings was – what if she was waiting for a sign from him?

 

On one of the late December evenings at Yulje Hospital, Yeonseok looked for Hyunbeen to discuss their upcoming Winter Garden scene in which Gyeoul and Jeongwon celebrate their first anniversary on the open terrace of the hospital. It was a very meaningful scene and he thought it would be nice if he finally asked her out after the filming was over.

He spotted her in the corridor hanging out with Kim Junhan, eating and laughing. They looked pretty close and he felt a little bitter looking at them. “Annyeonghaseyo,” he said after walking up to where they sat. Hyunbeen's eye lit up and all his bitterness vanished in a second.

“Ne, annyeonghaseyo, Gyeoul’s namja chingu-nim,” said Kim Junhan. “Congratulations on your 1st anniversary. She’d been waiting for you.”

Hyunbeen kicked his legs while Yeonseok laughed and said a hearty thank you. She got up and locked arms with Yeonseok to pull him away saying, “Let’s not waste our time with this guy. He’ll just keep spouting nonsense.”

As he was being dragged away, Yeonseok heard Junhan merrily shouting, “Yes, please go away. I’m done listening to your nonsense too.”

Yeonseok turned back to wave at him, making a mental note to visit him later and listen to the nonsense he was referring to.

The setting on the terrace was beautiful with Christmas themed lights. There was also a swing and a tiny table with glasses and plates, which was set for their scene. It was not originally there in the hospital but since Gyeoul would be busy with work, Jeongwon arranged a convenient rendezvous for them. He still had some VIP privileges that way.

“This is so pretty. No wonder Gyeoul would cry after seeing this.”

“Indeed,” Yeonseok agreed. “Pretty girls deserve pretty things,” he added while pushing her by her shoulders towards the swing.

Yeonseok pulled out a wine bottle from below the table and started pouring it in two glasses while Hyunbeen stared at him in shock.

“Are you for real?” she asked him. “What if we get fired for abusing the prop? Not to forget, having a drink while working???”

“Fired?” Yeonseok laughed. “I think it’s too late for that. Also, one glass won’t harm us. I’m just trying to get us ready for the intimate scene tonight.”

“Sure,” Hyunbeen retorted. “The only intimacy I see in the script is Gyeoul saying You kiss good.”

“Gyeoul is the real intellectual,” Yeonseok said with mock pride in his voice. He handed one glass to her.

“I wonder how she’d react if she saw you with your shirt off,” Hyunbeen said while sitting down slowly on the swing.

“Shin Hyunbeen-ssi, you can just tell that you want to see me half ,” he said, clinking their glasses and smiling smugly.

Hyunbeen pursed her lips, trying to hide her smile. “Why, would you make those arrangements as well if I said so?” she asked and took a sip from her glass.

“Well,” he replied, looking up. “Depends on how desperate you are.”

In between their conversation, Yeonseok casually put his arm on the back rest of swing behind her and she leaned on it at the same time. To his surprise, she didn’t back away.

“This is nice,” said Hyunbeen, smiling against her glass.

“What is?” he asked.

“This wine, the swing,” she said with a gentle smile playing on her lips. “And you.”

He looked at her after she said that. Did I hear that right? 

“The night looks perfect too,” she said and hugged herself slightly.

“Are you feeling cold, Been-ah?” he asked worried, moving closer to give her his warmth. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and she stopped smiling suddenly.

He was worried thinking he’d done something wrong and she looked at him with her with her big black eyes, blinking a few times.

“Yeonseok oppa, I think I like you.”

Yeonseok.exe has stopped working.