Geu Gilgo Gin Sigansoge

Met you at the right time

Yeonseok is the type to passionately like something when he does. He would think about it in all of his free time and would try to learn more about it. Currently, his passion is Shin Hyunbeen. By now, he’s already watched all her movies (Mi Kyung in Byeonsan is his favorite), all her interviews, and checked out all her Instagram posts. He can probably write an article on ‘How to become a Shin Hyunbeen fan 101’ by the amount of research he did. Sometimes he even drops her ‘complements’ on her works. Although he debates whether to send or not, he ends up sending because – it’s just a complement. One should not hold back from giving complements, right?

But the thing is, Yeonseok is a fool in love who doesn’t know the difference between complementing a colleague and flirting with a colleague. Why else would he send her texts like:

Don’t kill me when I kiss you in the next season (After watching The Lost Choices);

Should I beat up Kim Junhan hyung? (After watching Beasts that cling to the straw);

Mi Kyung is so pretty and savage. Just like Hyun Been. Haha. (After watching Byeonsan).

He didn’t expect her to ask the question though which she did in one of their night time phone calls, “Why are you watching all my previous works suddenly? You are already busy!”

“Umm.. it’s just for.. understanding your acting..?” he tried to cover up. The fool energy is high and he can feel it himself.

“Oh, that’s great, oppa. I also watched most of your works already. You are pretty famous,” She said.

“Which one did you like the most?” he was really curious which face of his she’d like to see more.

“Chilbong and Goo Dongmae,” She answered in a blink.

“They are both poles apart. And both of them don’t get the girl!”

“But they are cute and hot, like Oppa’s diverse charms.”

He blushed. Like a little girl.

“So, are you happy that you are finally getting the girl this time?” she asked.

“What do you think?”

“I think you begged the writer to give you the girl,” she said and laughed out loud.

“Ahh.. our Mi Kyungie. By the way, Been-ah.. shall we go out for lunch this weekend?” he asked suddenly. “One of my friends’ restaurant has a separate area for celebrities.”

“Suddenly? Where? Are you sure it’s okay to go? Oppa, are you not busy?”

 “It’s just that we never met after our wrap up party and I wanted to take you out for lunch at least once. When season 2 preparations begin, I’ll be even more busy with all the drumming practice and stuff. So, shall we go, Hyunbeen-ah?”

“Umm. I’m okay if you are okay, oppa.” She said. It’s a date then, he thought.

On his way to the restaurant over the weekend, Yeonseok tried to introspect about his current feelings and what he was going to do about them. In conclusion, he thinks he really likes her because he enjoys talking to her, keeps thinking about her wherever he is and is always missing her. Someday, he was really going to ask her to date him but before that, he needs to be sure she liked him too. And for her to like him, he needs to understand if she’s interested. Yes. That is what he was going to do today.

He reached the restaurant and rushed inside since she texted him saying she was already there. He briefly greeted his friend and went in only to find the beauty that was Shin Hyunbeen, looking at a painting inside the room. His heart raced at the sight of her, all the anticipation giving him an adrenaline rush.

“Hi, Been-ah,” he said in a feeble voice

She turned to see where the sound came from and greeted him with a very warm smile. “Oh, you’re here, oppa!”

It was then that Yeonseok realized, she is the one.