oo4

Do It Again (NCT Doyoung Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

oo4

 

After the conversation in the hallway, Jung Cheon allowed her feet to drag her somewhere in the university's premises. 

 

Somewhere she's sure she will be able to find him at this time of the day. 

 

Checking her watch on her left wrist, she looked up the huge cafeteria for medical students before training her sight at the building's entrance with determination-filled eyes. 

 

She was sure to find him here. 

 

Why? because she was sure of one thing for once in her life. 

 

Pushing the glass doors open, she scanned her eyes at her surrounding, looking for that achingly familiar backside. 

 

All her efforts were rewarded when she noticed him at the center of the room, looking form side to side in search of possible place to eat in peace. 

 

That's when she will her self to move. 

 

She dragged her feet towards him, who at that time, finally managed to find an empty seat.

 

Everywhere she went, people had their gazes trained at her. Who wouldn't, right? when you're the queen bee and and the best member of the drama club. 

 

She didn't care at all the attention thrown her way. All she's focused about right now was the guy who had his back turned to her, seemingly unaware of her presence and the erratic beating for her heart that always beats for him.

 

She was now very sure that she loves him more than anything else in the world.

 

Finally reaching his place, the same time he had lowered his tray of food in his table, Jung Cheon grabbed hold of the back of his jacket, turning him around. 

 

Seeing Cheon face to face made Dongyoung confused and saying that he was surprised was an understatement. 

 

However, what she did next made him shocked out of his wits. 

 

Because in front of everybody who was looking at the two of them, Jung Cheon kissed him fully on the lips. 

 

And it was the first time ever that she did that. 

 

It was only a brief moment but she had never felt so proud of herself before that. She felt as if she was on top of the world. 

 

Everybody who witnessed the scene was shell shocked and was eager to know the reason of her stunt except for her. She was unfazed from all the stares that she's getting (she's used to it already anyway).

 

However, the moment their lips separated from one another, and Dongyoung's baffled gaze landed on her loving ones, she felt as if an ice-cold bucket was poured onto her and she felt ashamed of the stunt she pulled all of a sudden.

 

Awkwardly, Cheon pulled away from her boyfriend, feeling embarrassed all of a sudden. 

 

"Sorry," she muttered softly. 

 

"Yeah," was his brief answer that made nothing to uplift her spirits. 

 

It only made her feel burdened all the more. 

 

That stunt in the cafeteria caused the two to be called into the Chairman's office for some serious scolding. 

 

"I remember telling the university in the opening assembly that Public Display of Affection is strictly prohibited, right?"

 

The chairman spoke sternly, eyeing the two alternately. 

 

Kim Dongyoung had his head lowered down in embarassment. All he ever wanted was to graduate normally with no complications at all but here he was, getting scolded big time. 

 

However, Cheon seemed unfazed by all the ranting from the oldest of the room but she had her gaze trained elsewhere, not meeting the chairman's eyes. 

 

"Tell me," The chairman leaned closer towards the two. "Are you guys dating?"

 

Cheon bravely answered 'yes' at the same time Dongyoung shouted 'no!' which caught her off guard. 

 

She whipped her head towards the guy on her right, gawking at him. He didn't meet her gaze and just looked at the chairman straight in the eye.

 

At that time, Cheon felt like she was being stabbed repeatedly. She doesn't like what she's feeling. 

 

She has at least expected him to admit their relationship.

 

She felt very much betrayed.

 

Kim Dongyoung stood up from his seat then bowed down politely at the university chairman. "I'm sorry, we'll stop fooling around and cause troubles to everybody from now on."

 

〰〰〰

 

The conversation with university's chairman ended and the afternoon classes resumed as always, almost as if nothing happened. 

 

The time passed by like a blur and it was time to go home finally. 

 

"I'll be going on ahead," one of Dongyoung's classmates and friend for the last subject told him with a pat on his shoulders. 

 

"Sure," he responded. "Be careful on your way, Kun-ssi."

 

on his way towards the door of the auditorium, the said boy looked behind him. "I will. You too." Kun smiled brightly. 

 

Dongyoung arranged his stuffs inside his bag before deciding it was finally time to go. What he didn't expect though, was to come face to face with his 'so-called' girlfriend, waiting for him outside the door with a displeased look on her face, her hands curled on top of her chest. 

 

But what's more surprising is the look on her eyes. She looked...

 

hurt?

 

"Let's go home together." She said monotonously before turning on her heels, walking on ahead. 

 

Kim Dongyoung could only sigh. 

 

〰〰〰

 

"What's your problem?" Cheon asked without looking behind her, her tone obviously hurt. 

 

She was expecting for an answer but silence was all that greeted her. 

 

Her annoyance rose up in seconds so she whipped her head to glare at him. "Are you embarrassed of me?!" She asked, voice full of hurt. 

 

She knew she was in no position to feel mad about this whole thing but she just couldn't help herself. 

 

What was she supposed to do if he's avoiding her like a plague?

 

Instead of explaining, Dongyoung just met her glare with a blank stare and she immediately lost her glare. 

 

Her eyes turned glassy and she felt that ugly churn in her stomach. 

 

Ignoring her words, her boyfriend walked past her, to walk on ahead. 

 

Again, just like earlier, she felt as if she was being stabbed a million times. 

 

"Let's not do that again," was his thrift answer and her anger rose once more. 

 

"You really are embarrassed of me, aren't you?!" She accused, yanking on his arms harshly to make him look at her. 

 

What he rebutted made her froze on her spot. 

 

"I'm not embarrassed of you! I'm embarrassed of myself!" he detonated, huffing in anger. 

 

He continued anyway. "You wouldn't know how I feel because you're so used to having everybody's attention focused on you."

 

She flinched at the weight of his words. He was dragging each and every word in anger and this will be the first time ever that he would be like this in front of her. 

 

"You do not know how hard it was for me to have you in the first place. Have you heard me complaining about this relationship being kept secret? You haven't. Because I was contented! You don't want to ruin your image? I agreed. Now here's the real thing." He gritted her teeth. 

 

"No matter what you show or do, you wouldn't take the blow, Cheon. It's me. And the stunt you pulled out there earlier? that would not ruin your image. But me? people would make fun of me saying I was getting ahead of myself because you know what? That's what you told them in the first place. They would just think that you're fooling around even if you tell then we're dating."

 

And just like that, Kim Dongyoung walk out on his girlfriend of nine months.

 

The moment he left her all alone at the cold streets of Seoul that night, Jung Cheon felt something heavy pressing on her chest.

 

However, even if she wanted to, she willed herself not to cry because she was too prideful to admit that...

 

For the first time in forever, The Queen Bee felt what it's like to be hurt by someone she loves...

 

Almost.

 

〰〰〰

 

That night, in his room, Dongyoung regretted the things he said to Cheon. 

 

He has been tossing and turning on his bed for quite a while now and he couldn't get the hurt look on her face off his mind. 

 

With a huge sigh, he lied on his stomach eyeing the ceiling. 

 

He needs to call her and apologize. 

 

It wasn't her fault that he was a gloomy-looking geek that people makes fun off. 

 

It wasn't her fault that he was a smartmouth that knows nothing else but facts and and general knowledge. 

 

And lastly, it wasn't her fault that he wasn't used to partying and drinking liquor. 

 

He went out of the line earlier and he was regretting it, big time. 

 

He waited for her to answer his calls but sadly, she didn't.

 

Who would, right? When you acted like some kind of an insecure jerk in front of them. 

 

He was at least hoping that she'd return his calls. 

 

With that thought in his mind, he drifted off to a dreamless sleep. 

 

〰〰〰

 

2019

 

"Can we have a talk?" Dongyoung nervously asked the girl across him who had her brows raised, a smirk playing on her lips. Both sides her were group of girls he knew were her friends. Just like her, the girls beside her was looking at him in a sneering way. Most probably judging him for being so bold approaching the university's queen bee. 

 

"What do you want to talk about?" the girl in the middle mocked him before laughing along with her girl friends. 

 

Dongyoung frowned. "I don't think you'll feel comfortable talking about that here," he explained and Cheon's smile dropped in an instant. 

 

Was he talking about what happened in the homecoming?

 

"Ooohh, is there something going on between the two of you?" Yumi teased and Cheon glared at her. 

 

"Stop it," she chastise. 

 

She turned to the guy once more. "Okay, let's talk." She agreed. 

 

The two went behind the huge library building to talk about what ensued between the two of them. 

 

"So what do you want?" Cheon quirk one brow at the male. "Don't tell me you want to go out with me just because of 'that night'?" she folded her arms at him. 

 

Dongyoung shook his head vigorously. "N-No! I wasn't thinking of that!" 

 

Cheon took note of how he sounded too appalled by the idea of going out with her. 

 

Isn't he being a little bit choosy?! How dare he!

 

"What do you want then?" She eyed him boredly. 

 

This is what she feared the most. He seemed to be glued to her just because of that one night stand. 

 

"I..."

 

Huffing, the female supplied for him, "You what?"

 

If there was one thing Jung Cheon hates the most, it's when men who were supposed to be a reflection of toughness and bravery was mumbling like a teenage girl. 

 

"I'm taking responsibility."

 

"What?!" She couldn't help but let out fits of laughter at his ridiculous statement. 

 

Really, what is he?

 

Clutching her stomach as she curled her body in too much laughter, she eyed the guy who was blushing really hard right now. She was still laughing and she was far from getting over it any second now. 

 

Upon her recovery, Cheon straightened up. "You really are someone inexperienced, aren't you?" She teased, her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter