oo5

Do It Again (NCT Doyoung Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Ready?
 

Okay, here goes...

 

oo5

 

It has been a week since the confrontation with her boyfriend— no scratch that. She's not even sure if he's still her boyfriend.

 

It has been a week since the confrontation with Kim Dongyoung and she hasn't heard from him ever since. 

 

She has also been absent for a week already and her phone had been blown up numerous times by her acquaintances, asking if she was alright and such but she never once answered to their inquiries. 

 

Because after all, they weren't the attention she wanted. 

 

Today too, just like the past week, Cheon's phone had been ringing for quite some time now but she never made any effort to look through it as she stared at her room's ceiling blankly. 

 

It wasn't him anyway. 

 

At the thought, tears brimmed her eyes immediately and it fell through the sides of her eyes. She heaved a ragged breath and she raised her hand to muffle her sobs. 

 

She could still remember his face, that was void of emotion as he let out the words "I love you."

 

It used to have intense meaning in it. But he said it nonchalantly a week ago. 

 

As if it had no value to him at all. 

 

Wait, is this supposed to be it? Is this really the end for them?

 

Bolting up from her bed, Cheon reached for her phone on her bedside table. 

 

She opened her device to browse to the threads of message her friends send her, searching for his name to no avail. 

 

Her crying worsened, now letting out more hurtful tears as she clutched the phone on her chest, rocking her body back and forth trying to calm herself. 

 

"It's okay, Cheon. He will call. For sure he will call." She convinced her self that he will be the one to take the first step. 

 

After all, he was always the one to approach her. for sure he will do that too, right now. 

 

Sadly, she was wrong because more days passed and he never sent her a text message. 

 

〰〰〰

 

Jung Cheon woke up for a start. The first thing she did was to check her mobile phone for any possible messages coming from him. 

 

However, all her efforts were in vain as all the messages came from her friend, Yeseul. 

 

The most recent message was all about the upcoming interuniversity competition and her position to be stolen from her if she still didn't report to school. 

 

As much as she was hurting due to a breakup, she loves performing on stage more than anything. 

 

So, with a heavy feeling in her chest, she freshen up for the day so she could go to the university. 

 

〰〰〰

 

"Cheon!" Yeseul exclaimed seeing her friend after two weeks of being absent. One look at her and she immediately knew that something happened with the girl. 

 

Cheon responded with a small smile that did nothing to mask the loneliness she's feeling. And the dark bags under her eyes proved it.

 

She doesn't know why, but she felt tired even if she hasn't done anything yet. There were also instances when she just felt like crying all of a sudden but she couldn't. 

 

And she shouldn't. 

 

After all, it was all her idea in the first place, using him and such. 

 

So she shouldn't cry. 

 

"Oh, Cheon-ah," Yeseul mused as she enveloped her friend in a warm hug, tears b her eyes. This action has caused tears to form in Cheon's eyes, her nose prickledas she felt the familiar sting in her chest once more. Soon each tear raced down the side of her face one by one. 

 

Her shoulders shook as she can't control the sobs that came out of , even if it was being muffled by Yeseul's clothes. 

 

And somehow, that time, her friend's embrace did nothing to lessen the pain she's feeling.

 

After all, she wasn't Kim Dongyoung.  

 

Only he can. 

 

Sadly, he was nowhere to be seen.

 

She isn't even sure if she will still be able to see him. Ever. 

 

〰〰〰

 

For the whole day, Cheon was sulking on her seat and Yeseul could not do anything about it. However, when lunchtime came, the friend dragged her to the cafeteria to eat. 

 

She may be heart broken because of being seen with Taeyong, but that doesn't mean she'll be broken hearted by eating, right?

 

"Choose what you want to eat if you don't want to fall in line," just like her earlier questions, Yeseul was ignored and she let out a sigh, looking at her miserable friend who was occupying the chair across hers.

 

"Fine, I'll just get anything."

 

Just like that, the queen bee was left to tend to herself. 

 

It has been two weeks since that happening with Dongyoung and she was sure that the news had spread like a wildfire. Or it might've by now. 

 

After all, it was raining that day so nobody was witnessing that dramatic scene.

 

Still, she scanned her eyes at her surrounding, observing the eyes of people that weirdly, weren't trained on her. 

 

And this will be the first time ever that she feels relieved that people seemed to not be looking at her. 

 

Just then, her eyes landed to a pair that was directly looking at hers and she became rigid. Those pair of eyes used to stare at her lovingly for the past few months, but this time around, it was blankly staring at her. 

 

Kim Dongyoung was standing by the center of the cafeteria, seeking for a place to eat at when his eyes landed at the pair of eyes he had never seen for the past two weeks. 

 

Even if her eyes looked tired, she has never failed to put him in a trance so for a while, he was sharing a staring contest at her before realization hit him, hard. 

 

He shouldn't be a fool anymore. 

 

From what he witnessed weeks ago, it was obvious that she no longer needs him. So he shouldn't make himself a fool anymore. 

 

Enough. 

 

Gripping his food tray hard, he averted his gaze away her expecting ones, willed himself to move to the right of the room, searching for possible seats as far away from Jung Cheon, not ever witnessing the disappointed look in her features. 

 

And when he broke their eye contact, Cheon felt like crying all over again. 

 

He didn't tell her he loves her. He didn't wave his hands at her. Heck, he didn't even smile, or arch one brow at her. 

 

He was getting good at hurting her. 

 

And she's not liking it. Not one bit. 

 

By the time Yeseul arrived at their table, her friend's forehead was already glued to the table as she let out hurtful sobs that fortunately didn't caught attention or they're doomed. 

 

〰〰〰

 

That time in the cafeteria wasn't the last time Cheon and Dongyoung crossed paths. 

 

Everyday they would happen to see each other in all places. He wasn't sure if that was just coincidences or it was a curse. 

 

Funny that they always crossed paths when the guy doesn't want to bump with her anymore. 

 

It was a different case for the other, however. 

 

It was his last class and he was waiting for his friend to finish fixing his stuffs. 

 

"Are you done?" He asked Kun and the guy nodded. 

 

"Let's go?" 

 

"Let's go."

 

The two stepped out of the lecture hall and both froze at the presence outside the door. 

 

It was Jung Cheon. 

 

Kun nudged the guy on his left awkwardly, not knowing the reason why she's here, and obviously, she was looking at his companion. 

 

"Can we talk?" She asked softly and that's when Kun looked at Dongyoung who then surprisingly just resumed his steps, walking way past the university queen bee. 

 

Kun's jaw dropped. He unconsciously witness the change of expression on the girl's face— from blank to going like she's about to cry — and his eyes widened. 

 

Wait, are the rumors from weeks ago true?! Come to think of it, he remembered seeing her outside of their door one time when he went on ahead. 

 

Cheon her heels, chasing after Dongyoung and Kun was left all alone in the hallway, staring widely in space. 

 

After a while he frowned. Wait, wasn't he and Dongyoung supposed to go home together?

 

〰〰〰

 

"Yah, Kim Dongyoung!" Cheon hollered reaching for the guy's arms. "I said let's talk—"

 

"What is there to talk about?!" Dongyoung snarled the moment he looked down on her, his jaw tightening.

 

"Everything!" The female exclaimed, breathing heavily. "That thing weeks ago, it was nothing—" she tried to explain only to be cut off again. 

 

"Yeah right. You two really suit each other, you do things nonchalantly. Kissing people and such and consider it nothing." He snorted before looking up the sky. 

 

The two were currently at the school's lobby that luckily isn't crowded anymore.  

 

His words pierced her heart and hurt her immensely she felt tears b her eyes. 

 

"Crying?" the guy mocked her, looking at her up and down. "When did you learn that?" 

 

His words cause her tears to fall finally and she gripped the side of her clothes. 

 

He's getting better at hurting her. 

 

"Look, until when are you going to keep things like this?" She asked with her red face, looking up at him pleadingly. She looked down again seeing his blank stare again only to spot his hands that seemed so relaxed. 

 

She wanted to hold his hands again. 

 

And so she did. 

 

Reaching out for his right hand cautiously, she continued. "You don't know how much my heart bleeds seeing you everyday ignoring me." she sniffs. 

 

What he responded, however, made her loose all strength in her. 

 

"Just drop the act, Cheon. You've got what you wanted already, right? Taeyong has gone back to you, you no longer need me."

 

She looked up at him in horror. What is he saying?

 

Dongyoung laughed sarcastically. "Look, you didn't  open the box I gave you, did you?" 

 

Immediately, her mind went back to the time when he gave her something on their eighth month. 

 

"See, you didn't." He sighed dejectedly. "Cheon, I've known all along." 

 

She let go of his hands all at once, gawking at him as if he had grown two heads. Not only that, she felt cold sweat forming in her forehead and she felt like suffocating. 

 

All these time, she thought she was fooling him well. After all, she was the best member of the Drama Club. Turns out he was the one who fooled her very well. 

 

"You lied." she whispered, obviously hurt. 

 

"What?" her boyfriend scoffed. "You lied!" she repeated, another set of fresh tears pouring out of her eyes. "You knew all along but you never said anything!" She was screaming by now.

 

Really, she was feeling guilty for fooling him but here he was, admitting to his crimes. "That's because I was ready to be a fool!" He raised his voice too, finally. "That's because I'd do anything for you to stay! If I need to act like nothing hurts I will! for you to stay!" He laughed sarcastically. 

 

"And you know what?" He raised one brow at her and that's when she saw how red his eyes were, like he was forcing his tears down. "The last few months, I thought you were finally feeling something too. But heck, I was wrong." 

 

There goes his dry chuckle again. 

 

"Because I forgot you're a great actress. That you're part of the drama club and their best shot. Come to think of it, Maybe I should thank Taeyong for that time. Or else I wouldn't know what you're doing behind my back."

 

She fisted her knuckles hard as she glared at him. But what he said next made her detonate like hell finally as he crossed the line. "Tell me, were you sleeping with him too?"

 

A harsh slap landed on his left cheek, directing his face to the side, her palms imprinted on his cheek. She was breathing raggedly as her tears poured down her eyes continuously. 

 

When Dongyoung's hand raised to cup his bruised cheek did Cheon came back to her senses. She got too focused on the pain she's feeling.

 

Immediately, she raised her hands awkwardly, wanting to nurse his bruised cheek. This will the first time ever that she would have raised her hands at him. "Dong—"

 

However, even before she could reach out to him, Dongyoung had finally backed away. "Forget it," he mumbled before walking backwards to glare at her. "We're over. I can't do this anymore. Wait, I'm not even sure if we're in a real relationship." 

 

And again just like that, Kim Dongyoung walked out of her life...

 

 forever. 

 

The sky cried with her that afternoon. Even after she arrived at her apartment. 

 

〰〰〰

 

Kim Dongyoung's first encounter with Jung Cheon was when he caught her cheating along with a friend on the entrance exam at high school and that ignited the salty relationship between the two. 

 

He saw her as someone beautiful but her doings made him contort his face in disgust. and because he felt unfair for all those who tried their best to pass, he told the proctor what he saw. 

 

Just like that, Jung Cheon was kicked out of the room and he never saw the cheating girl anymore. 

 

Or that's wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter