oo1

Do It Again (NCT Doyoung Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
oo1

 

"It was nice to know you, let's do it again."

 

Cheon rolled her eyes in pure annoyance as she exited the school's front lobby, feeling someone else's presence tailing behind her. She and a friend from one of her cliques had gone their separate ways as Yumi's car was parked on the other side of the campus while she was...

 

well...

 

supposed to meet her boyfriend. 

 

Yes, her boyfriend of eight months, who seemed to be the only one who enjoys being in this relationship. 

 

The pawn in this dirty game of her.

 

The victim of this nasty situation she initiated to get back at her jerk of an ex-boyfriend called Lee Taeyong who dumped her the moment she confronted him after witnessing him getting intimate with a random girl in their high school homecoming on summer last year. 

 

The girl let out a sigh before turning her body around to give the one following her a bored stare only to find the lobby empty. She looked on her right as she puffed her cheeks, masking her annoyance. 

 

A second later, Dongyoung went out behind the lobby's glass doors, smiling shyly at her before deciding it was okay to show his self now. 

 

"Spying on me?" Cheon asked with a raise of one eyebrow, eyeing her boyfriend who was rubbing his nape sheepishly. He had his eyes trained to the ground beneath them.

 

 "Well..." He started mumbling and it took the girl every ounce of courage to not roll her eyes at him. Whenever Dongyoung does that, she can't help but feel every rush of irritation in her veins. Like, is he some kind of a teenager for goodness' sake?!

 

They're already twenty years old! He could even get a girl pregnant of he does her without any protection!

 

But instead of the pending eye-rolling, she found herself frowning at his next words. "I was supposed to fetch you at your classroom, but then I saw you with Yumi, so I thought that maybe I can just show myself after you two parted ways. I don't want to ruin your image, I know we've talked about this before and I'm not planning to break that promise. "

 

She frowned because she was confused as to why she felt a slight pang of guilt in her chest when he said that. She remembered that time when she've set strict rules about their dating months ago, because heck, she wasn't really in love with him, she was just using him and he naively let her do so (Not that he knows about this actually). 

 

She shouldn't feel guilty at all. After all, Kim Dongyoung is just a pawn in this game of hers. 

 

"How was today's lessons by the way?" The male asked to break the awkward silence that followed right after and Cheon could never be more thankful for the question. Even if the question was one heck of a monotonous topic, it distracted her of the bothering feeling in her chest so she answered him, almost gratefully. "It's boring." 

 

There goes her vague and thrift responses again. Nevertheless, the guy smiled a little, feeling contented that she gave him an answer, unlike the earlier months wherein she would just shrug him off.

 

"why do you want to see me all of a sudden?" the female knew she shouldn't be asking her supposed to be boyfriend this but she can't help herself. He rarely talks to her in the uni because of the strict rules of their dating but here he was now, suddenly following her like some creepy stalker.

 

"Ah, that..." Dongyoung brought his bag in front of him, opening the zipper before rummaging inside his bag. Cheon raised her brows in curiosity until he pulled out a small red velvety box from it, a pink ribbon atop it. 

 

"It's our eight month together, today. Just thought that maybe I should give you something." He mumbled, reaching out his hand in front of her. "It's nothing much, but I hope you'll like it."

 

The queen bee blinked numerous times, not knowing whether to laugh or insult him of his efforts. 

 

Eighth month? He's seriously counting that? She mused inside her head. Wah, he must really like me a lot!

 

Cheon accepted the gift from her 'boyfriend' nevertheless. She didn't made any effort of thanking him or whatnot, she never asked him for a gift, he did it on his own free will so she doesn't owe him anything, right?

 

"Would that be all?" she asked him with a raise of one brow and she took note of how his smile seemed a bit off. Nevertheless, the guy nodded at her. "Yes."

 

"So, I'll see you around?" she asked, unsure as to why she felt guilty all of a sudden again, seeing his sad smile.

 

"Yeah, see you around." With the last sentence, Dongyoung finally his heels, going the other way around, leaving the girl behind to frown at his disappearing figure, a bit shock.

 

"He didn't tell me loves me, like he used to." She mumbled as she tilted her head slightly to the right.

 

As if on cue and as if he had heard her complaint, Dongyoung looked back at her, stopped on his tracks, to shout "I love you!" at her, while waving his hands in the air. 

 

She was too astonished to respond that even when he had resumed running, she was rooted on her spot, feeling the hotness on her cheeks. Nevertheless, she felt a huge smile blooming on her face and she quickly frowned again when she realized she shouldn't feel giddy inside. 

 

〰〰〰

 

Jung Cheon first met Kim Dongyoung in high school several years ago along with her ex-boyfriend, Lee Taeyong in the province of Gyeonggi. The three never had been classmates as Dongyoung was always in the star section, she was in the average, while the troublemaker Taeyong was always in the last sections. 

 

However, being the school's Queenka and the infamous bad boy, Taeyong and Cheon fell in love and became a couple everybody feared. Dongyoung, however met the girl a few times because of his best friend, nevertheless the girl never failed to show Taeyong her utter disgust over the guy. 

 

She hated everything about him. His guts, his eyes that always wear high prescription glasses, and his smarty mouth that says nothing but facts and general knowledge. 

 

Really, is he some kind of a walking encyclopedia?

 

To cut the story short, the two never became friends. Dongyoung would only see her with his friend some times when they hang out but that's the end of it. 

 

However, everything changes that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter