Moments like these

Trouvaille
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As always Johnny was stuck late at work trying to reduce the pile of work on his desk if only a little bit so he doesn’t have to stay back again tomorrow which sounded like an utter lie no matter how much he tried to convince himself. Taking a small glance at the time on his phone he instantly flinches when he sees the number 21(9pm) on the screen and the hundreds of text messages his sons had sent him, and by sons he meant Donghyuck. Mark rarely ever texted or called him, if at all and it was always to ask him to buy him something. Johnny reluctantly got up from the swivel chair making his way out of the glass doors of his office, every other person who worked on that floor long gone all except taeyong who had his eyes glued to the computer screen looking over Johnny’s schedule for tomorrow. Although he never asks taeyong to stay behind longer than he needs to the blonde male refuses to leave before his boss for reasons Johnny can’t understand.

 

“Do you not have a life?” Johnny asks leaning his arm on the wooden desk peering down at the shorter male who looks up from his screen with a confused look on his face as he stutters out a small “Can I choose not to answer that question?” a soft smile coming over his features.

 

“Are you leaving?” Taeyong asks this time, his hands going back to completing the task they were previously doing. “Yes” the taller male says before looking back at the concentration on his assistant’s face, that rarely left his face during the work hours or ever, so far as Johnny is aware. “You should leave too” Johnny announces before making his way towards the elevator a few meters away.

 

“I will” Taeyong responded not taking his eyes off the screen. “You do enough already. Go home” Johnny says with a finality in his tone as he presses the down button of the elevator “You should give yourself a break sometimes” he added looking at the increasing numbers that were being displayed. “So should you” the other male retorted earning a small chuckle in return followed with the ding of the elevator.

 

“Its too late for me” Johnny says with a blunt expression on his face making a small laugh erupt from taeyong’s side. The elevator door came to a close as both men wished each other good night, silence taking over once again making Johnny feel unusually lonely. After a considerable amount of time had passed the doors finally open again the sound of his shoes reverberating in the entire floor as he walked past the night guard on his way out towards his car that was parked a few ways away.

 

As Johnny stepped out of the building tipping the guard standing at the door as he always, his attention was diverted when someone bumped into his left shoulder muttering a small “Sorry” before making their way towards the elevator that he had just come from. He felt like he had seen that person somewhere before but he couldn’t quite place where or when, maybe they worked under him, he wasn’t sure and his very tired self couldn’t care less at that moment choosing to ignore his curiosity as he made his way to his car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The traffic on the way back was much lesser than Johnny had expected it to be which led to him arriving in less then thirty minutes and even though he was still parked outside his house he could hear the commotion inside and silently braced himself for the chaos that are his kids. His eyes fall on his phone screen as i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter