Sunday

Trouvaille
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Johnny reached his house he got into the shower taking in the unusual calm and quiet that surrounded him on the Sunday Morning. It was barely noon yet Johnny could his body aching. He promised himself to never overdo himself again at least for the foreseeable future. His parents still lived in the states but tried to visit Korea a few times a year more so because of Mark and Donghyuck than for him. They had a house in the outskirts of Seoul just a few hours away from his own. The house was his grandmothers and since Johnny refused to live their because of the geographical inconvenience, Mr. And Mrs. Suh made it a point to stay there every time they were in South Korea. It gave the kids a chance for a weekend getaway and him a weekend off even if it was only twice a year.

Johnny got dressed and came downstairs; it was about forty minutes past 2. He decided to grab a quick snack before heading off to pick his sons up. The drive was a little over two hours if he made no stops in the middle which Johnny never did when he was alone. That being said he was sure on the way back they would definitely have to make more than just a few stops because his kids had the patience of a gnat. Johnny savoured his last few moments alone since his parents were leaving in a few days and wouldn’t be there to babysit Mark and Donghyuck anymore. He parked his car in front of the bungalow that had ivy and periwinkle growing on the sides of it. He walked up to the front door and knocked on the big wooden door.

After a while his mother opened the door smiling up at her son before embracing him in a hug. Johnny hugged her back placing his chin on her head seeing that he was almost twice her size. Johnny was about to speak when his ten year old came running towards him wrapping his arms tightly around his waist before looking up at him and saying

“There’s no wifi here. Life gets real dull without the internet.”

“I don’t know what he’s complaining about. I like spending time with them” Mark said going to hold his grandmother’s hand, receiving a kiss on the head as he bid goodbye to both of his grandparents.

“He’s just a up” Donghyuck said sticking his tongue out towards Mark as he waved towards his grandparents.

“Well have a safe flight and don’t forget to call me once you reach” Johnny said hugging his mom once again before giving his dad a hug as well.

“Come on let’s go. Stop fighting” Johnny commanded Mark and Donghyuck as he separated them from each other.

Mark yelled shotgun as he ran towards the front seat while Donghyuck grumpily got in the back seat. Johnny asked him to put on his seatbelt as he closed the back door making his way to the front. Johnny waved at his parents one last time before starting the engine and making sure Mark was secured before driving down the lane towards the highway that was only a few minutes away.

 

 

After making a few stops for dinner, ice cream and an emergency bladder situation Mark and Donghyuck were finally drained of all their energy, both falling asleep in the car. One was sleeping in the passenger seat with his head hanging towards the left

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter