Small Surprises

Trouvaille
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Johnny was sure if he listened closely, he would be able to listen to his body screaming. He had been on his feet for practically the entire day and he couldn’t wait to just go home and get a good night’s rest or at least try to. Walking into the cool night air he could feel himself get overwhelmed with tiredness as he looked around for his car when his eyes fell on a certain short brown-haired man who stood a couple of feet away from him. Seeing Ten’s eyes glisten at the sight of him unknowingly brought a smile on his face as well.

 

“What are you doing here? Johnny questioned circling his arms around the other man’s waist. Ten was practically on his toes as Johnny pulled him closer to nuzzle his face in the crook of the shorter man’s neck. “I thought you could use a little…” Ten pondered before adding “…change of environment” with a wink following it with a peck that was placed at the corners of his lips making him silently melt at the absolute definition of adorable that was Ten Chittaphon Leechaiyakul.

 

“You’re going to murder me, aren’t you?” Johnny asked with a smile on his face making Ten laugh in the way that made his chest tighten every time he witnessed it. Ten replied with a finger over his lips, whispering “shh” as he guided him towards the car that he had totally not rented for tonight. He would have just let Johnny drive him there but he didn’t want to ruin the surprise he had spent almost an entire week planning. This was his way of showing he cared especially after the disaster of a date they had last time they went out so this time he wanted it to be perfect. “Just trust me, you’ll like it” Ten said finally before opening the passenger side door for the taller man who willingly got in the smile on his face matching the one on Ten’s.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Johnny could sense stairs under his feet as he was pushed even further, for all he knew he really was about to get murdered but he’d like to believe if it was at the hands of the Thai man who was currently delicately pushing him from behind towards their destination, he would die a happy man. “Don’t you dare peek” Ten warned moving away from where he was right behind him. Johnny could hear his foot steps walking away and decided it was okay to take a look after all, but all he was met was with darkness as he looked through the gap between his fingers. At this point he was quite sure he was about to get murdered until he heard the indistinguishable sound of a click, the lights in the place they were in coming on in an instant almost blinding his one eye that was glancing through his fingers, making him instantly shut them close.

 

“Okay open your eyes now” Ten called out coming up to him from behind once again, putting his hands on top of the older man’s hand as a show of him wanting Johnny to move them away from his eyes. He blinked a few times, his eyes slowing getting accustomed to the bright lights surrounding him. It wasn’t what he was expecting but it was far better than his expectations that’s for sure. “Pretty, right?” Ten questioned snaking his hands around the others neck as he stood on the tip of his toes to hug him properly, he mentally made a note to buy heals but that wasn’t important right now.

 

“Almost as pretty as you” Johnny said with a straight face, turning his head slightly to look at the visible blush creeping onto Ten’s face, making him look what Johnny could only think to describe as absolutely beautiful. Coming to the realization of just how heated his cheeks had become from the seemingly simple compliment made him feel even more shy than before and now, he was sure; his face would blend in perfectly with the red roses in front of them. He quickly broke the eye contact they were holding whispering a small “No, you” as he moved away from him bringing a small smile on Johnny’s face that always seemed to adorn his face when a certain Thai man was in his vicinity.

 

Johnny found himself standing in the middle of what could be a thousand different plants and flowers, the entire structure was made of glass giving them a perfect view of the stars and the sky above. It looked almost magical if he had to describe it, something right out of a book kind of the same as the man who was closely inspecting a plant, he had only ever seen in flower shops. “Are we allowed to be here?” Johnny asked looking around at the place that was most probably a private property seeing how everything was so prim and proper. “Huh?”

 

“Do we have permission to be here?” Johnny pressed on looking for an answer only to be returned with a blank stare from Ten, “You need permission to be here?”. “Ten WHAT THE ”

 

“I’m kidding” Ten answered bursting into a fit of laughter at the horrified look on Johnny’s face that had now contorted to a confused one. “My neighbor you know the bunny looking guy” Ten uttered as more of a statement than a question receiving a nod of the head from the taller man who seemed to be in agreement with him. “He’s the owner”. “Doyoung owns this place?” Johnny had only met Doyoung a handful of times, the few times he had been to Ten’s apartment and had bumped into him on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter