Little Misfortunes

Trouvaille
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of someone continuously moving things around the apartment got louder and louder as they got closer and if they didn’t know better, they would probably think their friend was getting robbed. Hendery being the braver of the two (aka the one who had the lesser will to live) unceremoniously knocked on the door of Ten’s apartment. The noise that had been continuously coming from inside momentarily stopped as Ten’s voice called out “Just a minute” before he made his way towards the door. A few seconds later the sound of hurried footsteps was followed by a large thud, followed by an “I’m ok” as the door was finally flung open to reveal a slightly disheveled Ten with a smile so bright it could illuminate a dark room.

 

The huge grin on Ten’s face was replaced with a scowl almost immediately after his eyes landed on his two idiot best friends that were standing in front of him with what seemed like an industrial sized ice cream tub. The scowl on his face only got deeper as they both sing-songed a “Hey bestie” making Ten question why he ever became friends with them in the first place. He had a lot of things he wanted to ask his friends at that moment but the only one he could properly enunciate was “Why the are you here?”.

 

“Nice to see you too” Hendery said with a roll of his eyes before making his way inside the all too familiar apartment. Xuxi following soon after whispering a small “You look very pretty today” as he placed a small kiss on his temple to encourage their best friend. “I thought I told you guys I’m going out tonight” Ten said his eyes filling with concern as he watched his best friend of 23 years of age trying to fit the huge tub of ice cream into the already filled freezer.

 

“Yeah, well we thought since you won’t be home, we could watch the game here tonight” Xuxi said munching on a packet of chips Ten was saving as a treat for himself later. “Why couldn’t you just watch it at your place?” Ten says as his eyes fall on Hendery again who was now taking everything out of the freezer to make space for the tub in his hand. “You have a bigger TV” Xuxi stated nonchalantly as the sound of Hendery forcefully shoving the tub of ice cream into the fridge filled the room making Ten want to rip his perfectly made hair apart.

 

“By the way thanks for cleaning the apartment for us” Hendery said once he was done shoving everything back inside the refrigerator, none of which was in the right place meaning Ten would have to redo all of it tomorrow morning if he didn’t want all of the groceries, he had bought just a few days ago to get ruined. “I didn’t clean it for you, es” Ten stated ignoring Xuxi’s puppy dog face that always made it extremely hard for anyone to insult him and Ten would be lying if he said he didn’t feel at least a little guilty after seeing his face. “I did it cause I didn’t want it to look like… the way it does usually…. you know… in case he wanted to come in or something” Ten added throwing Hendery’s jacket at him which he had dropped right by the door knowing full well Ten would pick it up for him. “SIMP” Hendery bellowed as the sound of knocking echoed through the room. Ten almost instinctively shushed his friends running to look at himself in the mirror to make sure he looked alright before running back towards the door to open it.

 

Unlike the last time this time the grin on his face only grew when he came face to face with the person who was at his door. “You ready to go?” Johnny asked with the usual smile on his face which always made Ten’s face heat up. “Yeah let-” Ten started getting interrupted in the middle by his loud and annoying best friends (his words). “Hi, I’m Hendery, Ten’s one and only best friend” Hendery proudly stated going in for a handshake as a kick landed on his shin from his right side where a not so happy tall puppy was staring down at him with a pout on his face. “And I’m Xuxi. You’ve probably heard a lot about us from his excellency right here” Xuxi said while slapping Ten’s back, that the shorter male was almost certain was going to leave a bruise at the place of impact.

 

“I haven’t” Johnny uttered looking amongst the three men in front of him. “Nevertheless, it’s nice to meet you two” He added shaking Hendery’s hand that had been hanging in mid-air. Ten could feel the two pairs of eyes boring holes into the back of his head which he as always was simply going to ignore. “Let’s get going” Ten finally announced after a moment of incredibly uncomfortable silence, taking Johnny’s arm in his as he dragged him away from his apartment more importantly his friends. A chorus of “have fun” and “don’t forget to use protection” rang through the hallway ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter