Comments

Let the Heart Go On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Professor Miyawaki is in a web meeting when Chaeyeon carefully knocks and enters her office. The girl looks pale and worn out and slumps onto the small sofa bed once she closes the door.

"You folks continue first, I will be back in a minute." Making sure the camera cannot capture the corner where the sofa bed is situated, Sakura mutes the sound and leaves her computer for Chaeyeon.

"What happened, sweetie? Something's wrong with the meeting?" Chaeyeon looks demoralized and is close to tears. Sakura quickly runs to lock the door and gives the girl a tight hug.

Chaeyeon pulls away from Sakura and picks up a bound copy of her thesis draft from the sofa bed. Tears welled up in her eyes and threatened to fall when she hands it to the sensei.

Sakura's brows furrowed when she instantly knows what is going on.

"Calm down, sweetie, it's fine. We will fix it together."

Chaeyeon lowers her head and nods when drops of tears fall onto the floor. She then rounds her arms on the abdomen and hisses folding up her body.

"Oh dear, you're not feeling well?" Sakura kneels down and touches Chaeyeon's arm worriedly.

Chaeyeon raises her face now messed up with hair sticks to the tears, "it's the second day."

Sakura immediately rises and goes to the side table of her desk, pours water into an electric kettle, and turns it on. She doesn't care if people on the web meeting spot her walking around and goes to another cupboard and takes out an old yutanpo (Japanese style hot-water bottle).

"Sensei..." Chaeyeon whispers weakly, "let me..."

"Just stay put and relax," Sakura commands.

Believe it or not, Sakura's office is much better equipped than her (pre-Chaeyeon) apartment, thanks to Nako who is in charge of the sensei's "public life". Aside from the sofa bed with blankets and pillows and a yutanpo, there are snacks and beverages.

"I found it!" Sakura exclaims at the half box of hot chocolate drink powder mix, "this is good for the special days."

She takes out one pack and gives Chaeyeon the box, then she sits back down at the computer while waiting for the water to boil. She looks back and forth from the computer screen to the kettle impatiently (actually it just took 2 minutes) and immediately leaves her seat when the water is boiled. She pours the boiling water into the yutanpo and places it on Chaeyeon's stomach, then rushes back to the side table to make a cup of hot chocolate.

The girl sips the hot chocolate carefully, and her face gradually gains some color back.

"Feeling better?" Sakura gave some concluding remarks and ends the meeting. She sits down next to Chaeyeon wrapping one arm around the girl.

"Um," Chaeyeon utters a sound and lays her head comfortably on the sensei's shoulder. Then she raises the box in her hand and points to the "Best Before Date" with a smirk.

"OMG!" Sakura gulps embarrassingly. "I'm sorry...let me throw it away."

"Gwaenchana," Chaeyeon smiles and hugs the box, "it still tastes perfect. Remember you always criticize the best-before date practice onl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter